~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:09 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a great AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks to a Colorado Low, we had no chance of watching the sky last night. The wind has been blowing so hard that we have snow stuck to the top of the window over the front door. And it’s under the eaves. The storm is expected to last most of the day so it’ll be a good one to curl up in front of the fire with a good book.

Ah, Cowboy, a customer with major needs right before a holiday. I experienced similar things during my working days and definitely do not miss them. They’re fortunate you’re there to do the work. Hope it goes well.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; December 22, 2020, 08:54 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

So much for a restful pre-Christmas week, ABC! No rest for the self-employed!

We saw the planets for about a minute before the clouds covered them. The weather guy just said we should still be able to see them tonight. They just won't be as lined up. We'll be watching! Pretty sure we won't be around in 80 years to see it again. Lol

Let's all have another 24!

Comment

Sorry that you have such a busy week cowboy. Fingers crossed that you don't have any emergencies on Christmas day. :smile-new:

The weather guys say that we will have heavy rain Christmas eve, but changing to snow on Christmas. They don't know how much snow though. (Surprise!)

Have a great Tuesday all, and join me in another 24 hours of sobriety.

Comment

Good morning, Cafe brethren. We had clear weather here, so the view was good. What’s not good is the exponential increase in COVID-19 cases in this area. Everything points to Thanksgiving as the root cause. I hope everyone has a wonderful December 22nd. I think I’ll take another 24 for the road!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello Cafe friends! Let's have some coffee and another 24!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree with you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] that Thanksgiving get togethers and traveling definitely increased the number of positive covid cases. Despite this, people are still going to travel over Christmas and attend large gatherings. I can't believe that many folks will be getting on a plane to visit loved ones. Talk about a petrie dish in the air! I'm sure that we will see another spike of positive cases after the holidays which really saddens me. So much of it could be prevented if only people would use common sense.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Yep lots of traveling and they're encouraging people to come here for NYE! I'm done trying to figure people in charge out 5:38 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, common sense isn’t so common anymore. Sydney Australia has recently shut their borders after flight crews and passengers re-introduced Covid to the area. Australia had been Covid free for two months.

I have a busy day ahead - baking bread, doing some prep work for turkey dinner on Friday plus making another batch of Smarties and bolts for my granddaughter, her brother and Mom & Dad.

We ended up getting over a foot of heavy wet snow yesterday. Our neighbours kindly cleared our driveway twice for us.

I had a good laugh when I read an article this morning on how to preserve an opened bottle of wine. Um, that was never an issue as I recall! Almost as funny as the declaration on a box of wine that said it would stay fresh for up to 6 weeks!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

No big holiday gatherings here. We want to make sure to stay well before we leave for OR.

QW, is Australia getting the vaccine yet? They seem to be proof that the only way back to "normal" is a vaccine. Two months no cases then open back up and boom. And I'm sure they opened with all the precautions. Ugh

I'm with you Pauly, I give up trying to understand the decisions being made by our leaders.

Beautiful clear cold day here. Hoping to get an icy walk in later. 24 more is on the docket too!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Late check in for me. Went to Walmart to get some last minute things first thing this morning. I’m not in the Christmas spirit but in reality I never really am a Christmas holiday lover. So I will be glad when it’s over. Hope everyone has a great day and no booze for me today (although I will admit I want some real bad). Staying busy and not running out to buy booze. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Actually Ginger, the vaccine isn’t yet available in Australia. They defeated COVID through strict lock downs, enforced by police. In Victoria State where my son lives, they had a few months of lock down and while tough, it worked.

I’m disgusted by the politicians who downplayed the seriousness of the virus, refused to wear masks and avoid large gatherings who are now at front the of the line for the vaccine. “Continuity of government” be damned! I hope voters remember these hypocrites at election time.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe dwellers. Cold morning here. Wishing everyone the best day possible, as anything and everything is possible. I am going for another 24, and nothing can stop me. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X