~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate. Lots of wind today..... Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

36 F, light rain, turning to snow as the temp drops.
      Christmas eve day.
      Hope everyone has a great holiday.
      Come from a long line of drinkers here. Dad, granddad, great-granddad....
      Young mr V also has the gene, thankfully at 28, he's been sober for 4 years or so now. He saw what a mess his Dad could be, and got help before his life too, spun out of control.
      We have never talked about it.
      Mr Dad was one of the original Mad Men, literally, working in NYC with the ad men (boys)! That show was his life.
      First time I got drunk, I was 11 or 12. Drinking daily by 17 or 18. Drinking, drugs, and trouble for years. Stopped drugs after college, but continued drinking for decades, always seemed to keep it from spinning totally out of control. Or so I thought.
      As the saying goes, I got sick and tired of being sick and tired.
      24 more here please

Comment

Happy Christmas eve to all!

Very windy this morning with heavy rain forecast for this afternoon and tonight. No white Christmas this year...par for the course as far as 2020 goes. :clouds:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Congrats to young Mr. V for realizing where he was headed and giving up, especially with him being so young cuz I think it's harder then cuz all your friends and social life, I'll bet that makes you happy Mr. V I feel like being a customer today and having instacart get my last minute food items, really don't wanna brave the store! 5:45 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, wishing everyone a happy Christmas Eve
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, you must be proud of your son for giving up al. And I bet he’s pretty proud of his Dad!

Yesterday was 13 years since my Dad died from cancer. I miss him but I’m glad in some ways he’s not here to see what’s going on in the world.

I’m back in the kitchen today since I didn’t get everything done yesterday.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe warriors. It is a cold cold Christmas Eve morning. Lots to do. I’m going to celebrate this holiday with another sober 24. I wish you all a very blessed Merry Christmas. xoxo
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story Mr. V. And it's great that young Mr. V took the bull by the horns early!

Temperatures are dropping in my neck of the woods. There have been a few flurries but nothing sticking yet.

Merry Christmas everyone!

24 more.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I almost forgot to stop by! Hi all and Merry Christmas eve to all.

Mr. V, thank you for sharing your story. O happy young V was able to tackle his beast at such a young age. Pauly's right it would be hard at that age with friends partying.

Off to was on this sunny winter day! 24 more, please.

Comment

Merry Christmas to my cafe family! :hug: Hope that you all have a wonderful day!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You've all become such an important part of my life and I have this Christmas wish for you; may the peace and joy of this day fill your hearts with promises of a better future for all of us!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

15F here with a light dusting of snow. It'll be a white Christmas after the sun pops through the clouds with a beautiful pink glow this morning.
                          Merry Christmas to all!
                          I echo Cowboy's sentiments above.
                          Gotta rush, I need to see what Santa brought me, lol!
                          Have a sober one, everybody, 24 more!

Comment

Thank you for the Christmas wish Cowboy, and I too share it!

Merry Christmas to all and may we all get the best gift of all: 24 more hours of freedom!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Merry Christmas Cafe friends! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Merry Christmas and thanks for the Christmas wish Cowboy. Hope all my Cafe friends have a wonderful day! 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X