~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a lovely AF day. When I count my blessings my Cafe friends are at the top of the list. 24 more for all of us.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Merry Christmas to everyone in the Cafe who celebrates! I echo your thoughts Cowboy. In spite of what 2020 has brought us, we have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to, especially the freedom that being alcohol free gives us.

Have a wonderful af day everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Merry Christmas Cafe crowd. Wishing you all peace and joy. I’m going for another 24!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, that was certainly a different Christmas, although we did have an hour and a half zoom chat with the kids in the afternoon. I did up my laundry, Bubba did some housework, and we did a bit more unpacking of boxes from the move lol. I also took all the side rails off the pool table in the family room downstairs and we moved it over against the wall to give more room for my "office", and the green felt top is going to be perfect for setting up and building on to my railroad empire!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

15F, -9C here. Warming up a little today, Sun's coming up.
              A wonderful, peaceful day yesterday. Alcohol could not have improved it one bit.
              24 more for all of us please.

Comment

20°F with a light dusting of snow this morning. Very peaceful...

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Yes, it was a very different Christmas in many ways. It was just the two of us here all day. We exchanged gifts in the morning and were in touch throughout the day sporadically with the kids and grandkids via phone and text. It may sound odd, but we felt very connected even though not physically together. I felt very blessed.

24 more for us all, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We got a nice Christmas snow yesterday and took a chilly two mile walk with my little sister. It was nice to see her even if it was cold. Things are so beautiful this morning.

I got the best gift from hubs. He made a card with the most wonderful sentiments written inside. It made my day. I will keep it forever. Its going in my treasure box for sure.

Merry day after Christmas. 24 more!

Comment

Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas ours was good but I bought too much stuff so we're gonna unwrap the rest on NYE since that's kind of a boring holiday anyways, hubs surprised me with a furless guinea pig!!!!! Something I've always wanted and I burst into tears when I saw him he's so cute, I named him Wilbur cuz he has a patch of fur on his nose and ears, 24 more here for me and all my cafe buddies!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a different Xmas yesterday for sure but thanks to Skype, it was almost as good as being together.

We’re having our turkey today. I love the way the house smells while the bird is cooking. I bought the smallest turkey I could find, still it’s 6kg or 13 pounds so we’ll have lots of leftovers. I’m already looking forward to my favourite part of a turkey dinner - it’ll be leftovers on home made white bread with cranberry sauce and lots of pepper for lunch tomorrow.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; December 26, 2020, 09:30 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Pauly, I have never heard of a furless guinea pig. I will have to look it up. What a nice gift. Ginger your gift sounds so thoughtful and heartfelt. Sounds like everyone had a quiet but good Christmas. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Christmas was enjoyable, albeit different this year. Kids could not travel but we made the best of it, with a deep sense of gratitude as a loving couple. Lots of rain last night with huge snowfall a few miles away. We are just a bit below the snow line. We get some but a five mile drive puts us in a whole different situation. We have not skied this year. So, meditation and a looong walk awaits. Have a great day. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Sunday and another 24 for All!

It's been years since I have visited the Magical Musical Train Thread, until just lately. Such a great thread!
                              Techie put up one the other day that I had never seen and it seemed so relevant to this year. I thought I'd share it here to enjoy with breakfast today. Thank you Techie.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
                              Last edited by dill; December 27, 2020, 07:36 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X