No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll get breakfast out, then I'll be back...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

There are so many great Christmas songs, but that one is right up there at the top of the list, thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Wilbur is so cute [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I've never heard of a hairless guinea pig!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the breakfast Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

24F with the sun coming up pink and orange.
          Gotta look up hairless guinea pig, too!
          Long walk yesterday, maybe a bike ride today.
          24 more here please

Comment

I've never heard of a hairless guinea pig either Pauly. Love the name!

Thanks for the video dill, and breakfast cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Technology sure is great. Last evening while having a Skype visit with my son in Australia, I received a text from my oldest son from Calgary letting me know that their former live in nanny from a few years ago was going to Face Time with us from Germany where she’s a university student!

Turkey dinner was wonderful and we have plenty leftover. Mrs QW thinks this will be the last turkey she prepares because of the work involved in spite of me doing a lot of the meal prep. I’ve never done a complete turkey dinner myself but I’m going to try. And if that doesn’t work, there are local restaurants who will do the work.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:24 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I saw Wilbur on Facebook and at first glance I thought you got a mini hippo for Christmas. Lol Enjoy your new little buddy.

We've been keeping my granddaughter's two kitties for several weeks while she started a new job and got settled in her new place. Today they go home and I'm going to miss them so much. The siamese and I have completely bonded. Dang, I tried not to let that happen!

Let's all enjoy our blessing and enjoy another 24!

Comment

Good morning, Cafe celebs. Wishing you all a wonderful day or evening wherever you are. Getting ready to meditate then off into it. Of course, the day would not be blissful without another 24!!!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

49F with temps falling through the day.
                      Bike ride yesterday, yay!
                      Another sober 24 hrs please.

Comment

Hey Mr. V, what about them Bengals?!

QW, Mr. D and I had the same turkey dilemma. We couldn't find one smaller than 11lbs. which is of course too much. We bought it anyway but eventually realized that it was just too much for us and we weren't going to be able to have anyone in to share it with us so we decided to leave it in the freezer until covid is behind us. I like leftover turkey just as you described: on white rolls with cranberry sauce and lots of pepper! And there are lots of great leftover turkey recipes, but even at that, I knew we just wouldn't eat it all. Of course it wouldn't go to complete waste, as Tessa and Pumpkin would finish the rest. As it stands, I'm planning on a big Turkey feast to celebrate getting our covid vaccinations!

How is your hairless guinea pig getting along, Pauly? Has he adjusted to his new digs?

I listen to a podcast by Scott Adams (Dilbert) and yesterday he had an informal Q&A at the end of his program. He had stated in the past that he doesn't drink. Someone asked him during the Q&A, "Why?" He answered swiftly and with conviction, "Alcohol is poison."

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; December 28, 2020, 07:16 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

"Alcohol is poison" truer words were never spoken!

I'm getting excited to head out on our adventure. It will be good for my soul to take long walks on the beach.

24 more all around!!

Comment

Good morning. Safe travels on your adventure Ginger. Turkey is my absolute favorite food. I have an air fryer and actually buy turkey wings, legs, etc and air fry them. Lots of pepper for sure! Hope everyone has a great day. I’m off to Walmart to buy a WOK. Hubs and I have put on too much weight in this covid mess. We are eating the same but not getting enough exercise. So gonna try lower fat foods and throw in some exercise. At least its not because of booze. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Rava, great point on the weight gain I swear I'm putting in some weight hey eat the same but when I look at it I'm just not as active as I was so need to step my game up instead of playing Lily's garden on my phone in the evening Dill, a turkey celebrating your vaccination will be fun, Ginger, when do you leave? Little Wilbur seems to be doing ok, he's hungry alot but I read they hafta eat alot to keep their body temp up so I guess it's normal, could not fall asleep last night, once I did I slept thru but I hate when that happens! So 24 more for a sleepy Pauly, hugs to all and wishes for a great AF Monday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X