~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning cafe! Here's to another 24 please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope you plan to post photos from Oregon Ginger! Once Covid is dealt with and travel is safe again, the Oregon Coast is near the top of our travel wish list.

Scott Adams is spot on in saying alcohol is poison. I’ll have to look for his podcast.
      Every year I buy a Dilbert desk calendar for my office and it gives a laugh every day. I’m sure we worked for the same companies, I know I had my share of pointy haired bosses! When I was facilitating business courses, I incorporated much of his humour in my presentations.

A cool start to the day and another day of indoor activities. I just started reading a book called Tiny Habits - the Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg, PhD. One of the first lessons is to start every day by saying “Today is going to be a great day” as soon as you get out of bed. I’m going to try it.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning, Cafe members. A very busy morning here as I prepare for a client meeting. I hope you all have the best day possible. Mine will be fantastic as it includes another 24!!!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I got home early enough to make one of my favorite dishes for supper!

Peppers cleaned and ready for the moose and rice

Sauce made and on the stove!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Those stuffed peppers look yummy cowboy! Did they taste as good as they looked?
            [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I'll have to check out that book, it sounds interesting.

Many of my friends and family are leaving N.Y. for many reasons, one being that the taxes are so high. I live in a very beautiful part of the state, and I would hate to leave. Mr. J and I have talked about moving, but something still keeps us here. We shall see...

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Those stuffed peppers looks great. I found a low-fat recipe for philly cheese steaks in bell peppers. That what I’m making tonight. Pauly, I love hearing about little Wilbur. Can you post his picture so I can see him? QW I’m going to look for the Tiny Habits book. Anything to get a better attitude! Another 24 for me please and thank you. Alcohol is poison is my new mantra!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, those look delish! But I must say I have never acquired a taste for green pepper. Now, next time if you do them in cabbage leaves...give me a day's notice and I'll be there!

Rava, I don't think I understand how that philly cheese steaks in peppers works, but it sounds interesting and like something Mr. D would love.

Jude, I have been hearing and reading about the exodus from NY, both the city and the state. The taxes are usually mentioned as a big reason, but on top of that, all the crazy covid restrictions, particularly in the city, that seem to have no rhyme or reason. I have also heard that property values and rents in the city are dropping.

Ginger, I do hope you'll post some pictures!

We live in a low tax area but property values are rising in our rural area so fast that it's going to price regular folk out of the market. I worry about the middle class in this country. It seems to be shrinking fast.

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The peppers turned out great [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and I didn't even burn the bottoms! lol. That was that exact same filling and sauce my mom used in her cabbage rolls [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], equally as good especially if you use sour cabbage (sauerkraut)! The Ukrainian name for the cabbage rolls is holupchi, and they make them with a total rice filling, with a few bits of bacon. My mom made the German version, much bigger and lots of ground meat.

I enjoy Dilbert as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but my all time favorite is Herman by Jim Unger!

Comment

QW, saying "today's gonna be a great day" is a wonderful way to get started! Seems like some days I just want them to hurry up and get over so I can go to bed, yet when I think about it how many of those days I wished away would I want back if I ever got really sick or something and was near the end of life? All of them that's why we should try to appreciate each day. Cowboy, when I try to cut carbs I do meatballs and marinara in Bell peppers or pizza ingredients, it's the bomb!!! Jude I noticed lots of people are moving right now, especially peeps from California, go me it's a weird time to relocate, I will try to get Wilbur to hold still for another photo shoot haha, waves to all and wishes for another 24 for us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I miss Herman too. I have a couple of Jim Unger’s books and once or twice a year when I need a laugh, I sit and read them. Same with Dilbert, when I need a good laugh, I read Scott Adams. Interesting note - after I was downsized from the corporate world, I wrote Scott Adams and thanked him for writing Dilbert. The following day I had a reply from him wishing me all the best!

Jude, taxes are a necessary evil. I had a conversation with one of our town councillors and he asked if I thought my property taxes were too high. I replied and said if it’s the cost of living here, it’s worth it. When we moved here almost 8 years ago from eastern Ontario, the move cost us $30,000+ so don’t forget to factor that in to your deliberations. And your part of NY State is indeed beautiful!
                        Of course we’re subjected to all kinds of taxes -sales, income, etc - and it’s only going to get worse as the cost of fighting Covid gets factored in.

I’m glad there’s interest in Tiny Habits. I decided I’m going to make it a priority to read more and am following advice given in the book to make it a part of my daily routine.

Today’s going to be a great day! Enjoy it af!!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"Today is going to be a great day!" I think I'm going to put that on my phone's lock screen so it's the first thing I see when I pick up my phone in the morning.

I always post pictures on Facebook so my family can see our where abouts so three of you here will definitely see pics. I'll try to post some here too! That is if we have cell service. We just switched to consumer cellular and saved a ton but I'm not sure about ATT coverage. Hoping it's as good as Verizon was. Fingers crossed!

Lots of stuff to get done so off I go! AL is poison, today is going to be a great day and 24 more!!

Comment

"Ellie" really loves my plants.

Comment

Bonjour Cafe members. It’s a beautiful morning here in my corner of the woods. Jude, I left NY in 1989. I don’t think I’d ever move back. I do have some family in the tri state area, so I’m back there often for visits and business. Well, I’m ready for meditation, then a 7 mile hike, partly in snow. I could never do this if it wasn’t for sobriety. That said, another 24 for me. Bénédictions X
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X