• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Little Wilbur
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wilbur is so dang cute!!!

Comment

Oh I love Wilbur. So stinking cute! Thanks for the picture. I ordered Tiny Habits yesterday and play to start it as soon as I’m finished my current book. My philly cheese steak stuffed peppers were great although not at pretty as Cowboys! Another 24 for me please and thank you. Dentist on tap for me today.

Comment

36F, warming with rain moving in. A couple of inches expected the next 48 hrs.
          Cute pets!
          Taxes, ugh. Expensive where I live, over 8K a year on property. Might move when Mrs V retires, but where? lol
          When I worked at a corporation it was exactly like Dilbert, lol, really! It was so absurd!
          Today is going to be a great day not to drink!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wilbur is quite the "cool" looking critter [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! How's he getting along with the others?

Your peppers look great [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I love melted cheese over everything!

Ellie is a cutie [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! She must like playing and hiding in the plants!
              Last edited by abcowboy; December 30, 2020, 07:47 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pauly, Wilbur is so cute!
                Jude, Ellie is gorgeous. My grandkids have a cat that looks something like her.
                Rava, those look delicious!
                QW, that's really great that Scott Adams replied to you! He does seem like a very approachable and nice guy.
                It's going to be a great day everyone! A good day for 24, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; December 30, 2020, 07:50 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy, I only put him in with the other guinea pigs here and there, he's pretty small compared to them, the boys and girls have a divider between their cage cuz if not we'd have guinea pig babies every couple of months and knowing me I'd wanna keep them all haha! So the boys are kinda mean to him and the girls just kinda ignore him poor guy so I'm just keeping him separate for right now, Rava those look good, I always chop mine in half when I do the meatball ones just so it cooks faster, love me some bell peppers! Back when I owned a house the property tax was cheap, maybe $2000 a year but that was in 2004 it's probably gone up but not by much and that's why people move here still, I was VERY upset yesterday when I heard of all the NYE stuff going on tomorrow night!!!! 14,000 people are expected for Fremont St. And that's just that attraction! Ok the kids haven't been in school for almost a year, California is so over run with covid patients that they're treating some in the gift shop and chapel of the hospital, we're at a 19% positivity rate, yet they wanna have NYE celebrations, am crazy or is that a big bunch of greedy hypocrites? I'm not super obsessed with not getting covid, I take my precautions and try to keep myself and family safe but I still just don't feel this is right, obviously we're not handling this right cuz we keep going up in cases, I dunno I think someone in charge should step up and ban all NYE drunkfests, ok rant over but I was steaming when I saw that on the news, 5:48 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a happy AF day!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I was reading an article the other day about the risks of being infected with covid. It's not the restaurants and stores that cause the most infections, but the family get togethers and large gatherings of people. Also the nursing homes are now a hotbed of this nasty virus, and so many of the elderly are dying alone. So very sad. My sister, who is a nurse in a hospice facility, recently tested positive for covid. Luckily, her symptoms were fairly mild, but it really scares me to think how it may have ended. You just never know with covid.

Stay well and safe everyone, and join me in another 24hours.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Those peppers look great! And melted cheese over anything is a food group, right?

Pauly, I too am stunned at the NYE plans that see huge groups of people in close proximity to each other and I bet not many will be masked. I understand that people are frustrated by the isolation, store closures, work from home, etc caused by Covid. I find it extremely frustrating not to be able to hug my grandkids but limiting public contact seems to work in reducing the number of new cases so I’ll do my part by staying in unless absolutely necessary.

In spite of everything that’s happening in the world, today is going to be a great day! Stay safe Cafe friends.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I couldn't get your picture of Ellie to open, Jude. :'( Maybe I'll check Facebook.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. I'll take another 24 and be giving thanks for all my blessings!

Comment

Hola Cafe brethren. Lots of folks going through a hard time over in The Army Thread. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks. I’m so happy 2020 is ending. I’m welcoming 2021 and the Age of Aquarius, with an open mind, and open heart. The world need positive change, so I remain hopeful. Off on a brisk late morning walk. Hopefully the geese will be on the lake. It seems like the perfect time for another 24. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning and Happy New Years Eve. Hope 2021 is better than 2020. Wanted to drink so badly yesterday but did NOT! Happy that I did not cave in. Going to visit my mother today (just the two of us) for Christmas. She was in quarantine and it was up a few days ago. Hope everyone enjoys their day. Unbelievable about the crowds Pauly! So glad the vaccine is getting out. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
                                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

This very well may be the absolute best day of the year! We say goodbye to 2020 and turn the page to 2021.

I agree Cowboy, "today will be a darn good day not to drink"!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X