~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy New Year everyone. I’m so late posting because we are babysitting our grandson. He has worn us out. Hope everyone had a great evening. So glad 2020 is behind us. Thanks for the words of wisdom Cowboy. Safe travels Ginger. I think Little Wilbur could almost be our team mascot! Another 24 please and thank you

Comment

39F Damp
      Got almost 2 inches of rain the past 36 hrs. Depressing, but happy New Year anyways everybody.
      Did get a long walk in yesterday, so starting the year right.
      Glad everyone hear got through the holidays sober! Not always easy to do.
      Self care and safe travels.
      24 more please

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope the travels are going good [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], wasn't sure how long of a drive it is.

I'll be kind of glad when this holiday season is behind us, maybe I'll be able to keep track what day of the week it is then lol.
          Last edited by abcowboy; January 2, 2021, 07:40 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Aww Cowboy, I wish the holiday season could last longer, I like the distraction of it, was sad to start packing up my decs last night luckily they were playing old reruns of Threes company and that cheered me up! I've been watching that show since I was 6 so I've seen every episode at least a few times a piece but it still makes me laugh Ginger, hope your travels are smooth sailing and like the others I hope to see pics, 5:33 am in Vegas another 24 and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Gusty winds, rain, sleet and snow this morning. Oh boy! I would much rather see plain snow, but it is what it is!

Safe travels Ginger!

Well, apparently both of my in-laws have Covid, and one of them is in the hospital. They were exposed through a home health aide that came to their house several times a week. The seriousness of this nasty virus is really starting to hit home, and it's getting more frightening everyday. I'm so thankful that Mr. J and I live in a very rural area, and for the most part, have little contact with other people. (my step-son calls us hermits) :harhar: The infection rate in our area is pretty low, much of it is in the Syracuse area but you just can't be too careful.

Well, now that I've cheered everyone up, I'll ask for another 24. :friendly_wink:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, you’re right, this is a nasty disease and it isn’t going away quick enough. Hope your in-laws get well. We’re hermits too I guess. I venture out twice a week for groceries, apart from that I’m in the house. Mrs QW hardly gets out at all.

I’m looking forward to seeing daylight hours get noticeably longer. Should only take another week or so.

Our neighbours brought over a plate with 6 muffins of different kinds the other day. We were happy to return the plate yesterday with sticky buns Mrs QW baked. She seldom has the energy or arm strength to bake any more but it’s something she loves doing plus it’s a little victory for her to share.

Today is going to be a great day. Enjoy it safely and af!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We made it safe and sound! Long drive, 9 hours but better than AZ, which is 24. Place is nice but not as clean as I like things. I'll be changing that today! But...not until we have a long beach walk.

Jude, so sorry to hear about your in-laws. Sending get well energy their way. And "stay well" energy to everyone here.

People we know are starting to get their vaccines but they are all in the health care field. It will be awhile for everyone else around our area.

I like the idea of Wilbur being our mascot!

Counting my blessings and asking for another 24!

Comment

Comment

So beautiful, Ginger! Thanks for that!

Pauley, Wilbur has my vote for mascot, too!

Jude, so sorry to hear about your inlaws. You are right that it is getting really scary. My BIL and SIL both came down with it on Christmas week. We can't seem to reach them and we don't want to pester them, so I don't know how they are doing! Last I heard BIL was really in bad shape, but they were both still at home. That was two days ago now... The live two hours from here so I can't just run over and check on them.

Rava, how nice to have your grandson visit! I know how worn out that likely made you, but it's a good worn out!

Cowboy, I'm glad the holidays are coming to an end too. I can't keep my days straight either!

QW, so great to hear Mrs. Q had a good day and was able to do what she loves! Good start to 2021.

Hello to Mr. V and Techie.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Buenos días Cafe cadre. Busy day for me. Client meeting, office filing, blog writing, etc. Thinking of your in-laws, Jude. Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family. I hope everyone has the best day possible, and for those going through difficult times, it will turn around. Set that intention. So, on this fine day, I’m inspired to honor myself with another 24. Que tengas un gran día X
                        Last edited by techie; January 2, 2021, 11:28 AM. Reason: Typo
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Early morning check in. Great picture Ginger and glad you made it there safely! Jude, hope your family recovers quickly! We started our journey south yesterday. Got too tired and spent the night in a hotel. Up early today for a 12 hour drive but we should be in our condo by tonight. Lots of rain last night in NC so thats where we stayed. Hoping for an easy driving day, Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Tomorrow I should be checking in from sunny Florida.

Comment

What a beautiful picture Ginger! Where was that taken?

Safe travels Rava! Someday maybe the hubs and I will have a winter get away. Could really use one now..haven't seen the sun in quite awhile. :clouds:

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts for my in-laws. I hope that they can beat this.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks Techie for the reminder to set intentions. They are indeed, powerful. Today's Dilbert comic was good and it reflected the power of positive thinking/intention. In the comic, the negative path thinking was chosen, of course: https://dilbert.com/

Reminder to Cowboy: today is SUNDAY.

All my decorations are down and on their way back into storage. I'll rely on scented candles to guide us through the long dark evenings. QW, I too am looking forward to the daylight growing noticeably longer; not happening fast enough right now.

Any way you look at it, 24 hours of freedom will make things grand.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X