~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We had a couple of hours of sunshine for the first time this year yesterday afternoon! It's amazing how that can turn a frown upside down in an instant!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's cake day in the Café as we celebrate a bb birthday!

Happy Birthday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. After a ride from hell we are in sunny Florida. Our ride was made awful by horrendous traffic and many accidents which shut down main roads, etc. If I was rich I would fly but driving is what we do. When we leave this spring it might be worth it to take 3 days instead of 2. Hope everyone is doing well. It’s a little chilly here and I turned on the heat last night. But nothing like up north. I will be working on staying sober as everyone around me participates in happy hour. I realize that happy “hour” for me would extend into happy “hours” Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Glad you got there safe Rava, yeah take 3 days when you head back in the spring 5:30 am in Vegas another 24 and wishes for a fabulous AF day for us all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]... Happy birthday! Hope that you have a fantastic one! :sendflowers:

My father-in-law is back at the VA hospital in the ICU. His O2 levels are very low, and things aren't looking so good for him. He's 88 years old with multiple health issues, and in my opinion, should never have been sent home. Maybe the end result would be the same anyway...I just don't know.

I think that maybe a long walk is in order today. It usually helps.

Glad that you made it to Florida in one piece [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Enjoy the sunshine!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Many thanks for the birthday wishes and beautiful cake! I wish we could all share a slice. It will likely be a quiet day but as I’ve done for the last 35 years or so, will barbecue a steak for supper tonight. As a bonus, it’s to be mild.

Glad you’re safely off the road Rava. Taking an extra day when you drive home is a good idea. Drivers everywhere are annoying, especially those who show little regard for the safety of other motorists.
              On one of my trips to Florida, I saw a bumper sticker on a car that read “When I retire, I’m moving up north and driving slow”.

Today is going to be a great day. Let’s enjoy it safely and af free!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, sorry to hear this about your fil. Sending prayers. Rava, glad you made it safe and sound. Those long drives are harder and harder every year!

The waves right now are huge! You have to be very aware when walking on the beach right now because of giant sneaker waves.

Let's all have a great af day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe celebrants. A BIG Happy Birthday, QW. Happy to hear you arrived Rava. Well, it is a gorgeous sunny day. I have a yoga class in 15 minutes then off on a run and maybe get on the bike as well. Have a beautiful day. Like you all I am going for another 24. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Asking for another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you made it safe and sound [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I drive a lot and don't mind it, but when traffic is busy it gets on my nerves as well!

Hopefully the relatives will beat Covid and come out feeling okay [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for all the positive comments about me arriving safely! Happy Belated birthday QW. I too hope your relatives get better with Covid Dill and Jude. Ginger, yes be careful around those waves. I saw something yesterday about a family that got wiped out by a rogue wave in Hawaii. That was always my fear about going on a cruise. Things here in Florida are very different than up north. There are no lockdowns although people still social distance and wear a mask but it feels a bit more normal to me. I feel less depressed in Florida. It’s probably just the warmer temps and sunshine. Well I will take another 24 please and thank you. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes for our relatives. From what I can gather SIL is improving but BIL is still doing very poorly. We bought an oximeter for them and hid it delivered yesterday so that will help them monitor his oxygen levels which is critical info.

Rava, glad you arrived safely and that things are more normal in Florida. I have been hearing and reading about Florida choosing to remain open and that their covid numbers don't seem to have been made any worse than anywhere else in the US. In fact some stories I read say that they are doing better than other states. I'll try to enjoy the freedom thru you, Rava! Actually tho, here in Ohio we don't have a full lockdown. We are more or less open with various restrictions and a curfew at 10pm. So it's not too bad here, other than the dreary weather!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; January 6, 2021, 09:39 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Birthday QW! Hope you enjoyed your steak Dill, very scary hope he's ok, Rava, I wondered how FL numbers were, glad you feel more happy down there, 5:34 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I didn’t get to anything on my honey-do list yesterday as I was attached to my phone and iPad all day with birthday wishes from family and friends across the country and Australia. I loved every minute! And my birthday steak was melt in your mouth delicious. There was no thought of alcohol either which was nice.

I see my chiropractor this morning for a much needed adjustment. The CBD oil and THC aren’t doing what I hoped they would so I’ll give it another couple of weeks before deciding if I’ll continue with it. The THC allows for a really sound sleep!

Today is going to be a great day, even if I have to do extra work on the honey-do list!

Stay safe everyone and af of course.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X