~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks all for your kind words and well wishes for the in-laws. MIL is back home and may qualify to have a nurse come in and help her out. FIL is slightly better, but his condition is still dicey. Glad that your bil and sil are doing better dill!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good news Jude and Dill I'm in the mood for another 24 too, hope everyone has a great AF Friday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I bought a Ninja Foodi indoor grill the other day in anticipation of a downsizing move to a condo. It grills, roasts, bakes, dehydrates and is an air fryer. I was sceptical of the smokeless claims but last night I grilled burgers and there was no smoke at all. I’m looking forward to experimenting with other foods, especially steak and chicken wings.

I’ve been taking CBD oil and THC (only at night) as directed by my doctor. I can’t say the CBD oil has helped but the THC let’s me sleep through the night. I’m not sure if I’ll continue with it after I see my doc in a few weeks, might have to go back to cortisone shots. Anyway, it’s been worth trying.

Glad to learn that Cafe friends relatives with Covid are recovering. It’s scary how fast and how easy the virus spreads. My son in Australia was telling me that after a couple of Covid free months, Sydney and NSW are in lockdown, borders closed, after a flight crew brought the virus from overseas.

Today is going to be a great day, let’s enjoy it af!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad your family members are improving a little Dill and Jude. Continuing to keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Visited the Trees of Mystery yesterday. It's an amazing way to see the redwoods without too much hiking. There's a big storm brewing today they say with historical size waves. Planning to take that in from a high point along the highway!

24 more!!!

Comment

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sending loving hugs and prayer to dill & Jude. Happy to hear there is improvement. The virus continues to escalate here. I wish the vaccine was more widely distributed. While I have vacillated over getting the vaccine, I’ve decided to take the risk. One thing that is not at risk is my commitment to another 24. Have the best day possible. It it’s not going well turn it around. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That Ninja indoor grill looks pretty interesting [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. It looks like it has a lot of neat functions!I

FIL 's condition is about the same, but at least he hasn't gotten any worse.

13°F this morning, but at least the sun is shining, something that I haven't seen for awhile. (Except in pictures) :radiate:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

QW, I had asked for one of those grills for Christmas but then told hubs nevermind cuz I have so many appliances like that but never use, I'm sorry now I didn't keep it on my list Techie, I had been looking into LDN for awhile cuz it's supposed to help alot of stuff! Kind of forgot about it until I read your post, time to research again, Ginger beautiful pic, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Dill and Jude any new news? Our cases here are still high, gov is supposed to talk next week but I doubt hell close anything cuz of $$$$ and he's depending on the vaccine to knock this out I think, hugs to all and I hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, I know what you mean about having so many appliances. I gave away our Instant Pot in order to make room for this grill. Tonight I’m trying air fried wings. My gas grill is 8 years old and needs to be replaced so instead, I’ll use the Ninja from now on. I still have a charcoal grill that will get used for special occasions, like cooking beef brisket.
                      If anyone needs a panini maker, a vertical waffle maker, an electric frypan, let me know!

Mrs QW asked last evening how long since I had a drink. I told her the number of days but didn’t tell her the amount of money I didn’t waste - over $10,000. Savings aside, just feeling so much better is worth the quit.

Ginger, awesome photo. Look forward to seeing more. And beware of those sneaker waves!

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Stay safe. I hope those friends and family suffering from Covid continue to progress towards a full recovery.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; January 9, 2021, 09:36 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I continue to pray for the ill family members, Jude and Dill.

We are being blessed with a string of beautiful weather days. I found several agates yesterday because of the sun. Pictures to follow.

24 more!

Comment

Comment

Good morning Cafe superstars. Techie and Mrs. had COVID-19 test yesterday. Waiting on results. We had contact with neighbors that had tested positive and now one of them is displaying many symptoms. We however are feeling fine. 14 day lockdown in home is very tough on me. Luckily I have a home gym. I’m keeping everyone and their families in my thoughts and prayers. Another 24 for me, lockdown or not!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello cafe folks and thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. SIL and BIL are still recovering and getting stronger each day. Both remain at home, not hospitalized. I think they are going to make it through!

Thanks for the gorgeous pics, Ginger!

I heard a commercial for the Ninja Foodie today but didn't even turn to look at the TV. Perhaps I will next time!

Sorry for your current quarantine/lock down Techie. I bet is very hard on you. Are you at least allowed outdoors by yourself for a walk/run/bike ride? I've never been through it myself, so I don't know.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I’m staying indoors until I get test results. Thanks x

Comment

Working...
                                X