~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'm sick of politicians and "news" media. Actually ahead of how sick I am of covid! The news media paints us as a mess and indeed there are several messy places....thanks to media helping whip people up. (It makes for riveting news, don't ya' know!) And they do their best to keep everyone cowering in fear or twisted up in panic. And they repeat lies. I'm not even sure if they know it. Living here in the US I can say that we individually, for the most part live in peace, love our families, care for our neighbors, and want desperately to be allowed to do so without all the background noise. The disconnect between what I see on TV and what I see when I walk out my front door, or drive into town is gapingly wide. Hopefully the center will hold.

Techie, I am so glad you and your wife are covid free!

Jude, I'm happy your MIL is at home and improving, but what a terrible time for her. Prayers to her.

Hey Mr. V!! What a game last night!!! Go Browns!!

24 more, pls and thnx.
    Last edited by dill; January 11, 2021, 09:36 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi, I have come back after a few years, bad things have happened and my drinking has got worse, a lot worse. I had a bad fall a couple of weeks ago, tore ligaments in my thumb, still can't move it, 4 inch black bruise on my chin and a big black eye, luckily it was icy here in UK so I used that as reason, obviously my husband knows truth. Last night I drank too much again ,I self medicate to sleep, I drink half to three quarters of a bottle of wine a night, not sure if this is the right place to post , this site has changed a lot since I first came on here, but I really need some support, my husband just says "don't drink "I suffer from anxiety and PTSD amongst other things , I'm not sure I can carry on much longer, sorry if in wrong place, could you point me to the right part of this site if so ?
      Thank you.
      Twitch

Comment

Welcome, Twitch. You're welcome here of course. You may want to visit the Newbie Nest to get your AF feet back under you. Visit the toolbox too. There are some great tips there. Stay close. You've made the right decision. Hope you heal quickly and it's the last time you have to go through something like this.

Jude, glad your mil is home and mending. For her to be alone with her mourning must break your heart. Techie, glad you both are negative. Stay well, stay safe everyone.

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Big sigh of relief here in casa Techie. However, Mrs Techie is not feeling we'll so we may get retested in a few days. I’m not worried too much as we are both in excellent physical shape. So, have a great day everyone and stay safe. Welcome Twitch. I am going for another 24. Blessings x
          Last edited by techie; January 11, 2021, 11:33 AM.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

You are most welcome here, Twitch! Being as you are beginning again you may need to post on more than one thread. Ginger made a couple of great suggestions with Newbies Nest and Toolbox. Stick with us. We are all here to support each other.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and welcome Twitch! We are all here helping each other. The fact that you came back really shows how much you want to ditch the alcohol. I have slipped several times and keep coming back. The desire to be sober seems to be much stronger for me as I get older. Check in every day to help stay accountable. So glad you are here with us. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Welcome twitch! I hear you when you say that your husband just days "don't drink." It's hard for many people to truly understand what an alcoholic goes through. Here at the cafe and MWO we "get it!" Get as much support as you can from wherever you can. Each person is different, and must find their own path. There is a book called This Naked Mind by Annie Grace, which is a good place to start. There's a ton of stuff on the internet as well. The more you educate yourself, the stronger you will become. "Know thy enemy."

I too, am feeling beaten down by the division in the States and Covid, but I know that drinking will only make it worse, so I'm humbly asking for another 24 hours.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=10411]tawnywitch[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome back to MWO and to our little group Twitch! You might not find anyone here during your daytime hours because of the time difference, but please post anyway, someone will see your post and reply sooner or later. Sometimes all we need to do is write down our thoughts to help us get through those tough moments. No need to tell you that quitting and staying quit is hard to do, it is, but it can be done! We're all here to help each other, so pull up a chair and share whatever you feel comfortable with sharing! You'll not find any judgement here, only support...
                    Last edited by abcowboy; January 12, 2021, 07:42 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome Twitch the Army thread has peeps from the UK in it too Techie is Mrs. T still feels sick defo get retested, hubs' coworker tested positive twice and negative twice all within a few days, I went to a walkin clinic yesterday cuz my ear has been hurting, she said no infection but I think I might go for a second opinion, this lady seemed rushed and indifferent, meh maybe it's not infected, just know it's making me dizzy and there's pain/pressure like it's clogged anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day for us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Welcome Twitch! When I read that your husband said don’t drink, I was reminded of instructions I once saw for a product - don’t recall what it was, but - it said if you smoke, stop. If you’re obese, lose weight. Nothing to it, right? Except we get it, we know what battling the beast is all about. I hope you’ve had a chance to check out Newbies Nest and the Toolbox. There’s a lot of helpful information and helpful people. We’ve all gone through the challenges of quitting so don’t be afraid to lean on us anytime.

Today is going to be a great day! Enjoy it safely and af!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad we are all here to help and support one another. Trying to stay positive in these difficult times is sure hard to do! 24 more for me, please!!

Comment

Jude, thanks for reminding me about Annie Grace. I joined her 30 day challenge a couple years back and found it immensely helpful! Twitch, you might really like it. I hope this link works for you: Just a moment... It's free! And there's a ton of good info and presentations.

I hope you get relief for your ear pain, Pauly. That's one of the worst.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; January 12, 2021, 11:26 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe members and staff. We are all feeling better here. Looking forward to our Tuesday morning yoga via zoom. Wishing everyone the best day possible. Feel better Pauly. I’m going for? Another 24!
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Nothing worse than ear pain Pauly...hope that you can get it taken care of soon!I

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X