~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hello fellow diners and af travelers! We had a bit of snow yesterday but I don't think it was even an inch. Pretty to look at tho! It should stick around for a day or so as the temps hover around 32F. I am imagining a walk along the Pacific coast as an escape.

24 for all of us, pls and thnx.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good quote yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Got to keep reminding myself of that as I go into Day 6 without cigarettes!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good for you on the six days without the smokes cowboy! I know from personal experience how difficult it is to quit! If I can do it, so can you! Like alcohol, tobacco is addictive, and if you apply the same methods that you used to quit drinking, you will be on your way to a smoke-free life. I found Alan Carr's book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" to be invaluable in helping me to quit the cigs. Just a thought and good luck! You will be amazed at how much better you feel!

Waves to everyone else!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, good luck on day 6. Quitting cigarettes is hard but I did it and so can you. I still like the smell of a lit cigarette but don’t ever want to go back. Pauly, red tide is a naturally occurring algae which releases spores in the air that you cant see but causes coughing and other respiratory symptoms. Some days are worse than others and there is an actual chart that we look at to determine if we go to the beach or not. It’s inconvenient for sure. Hope everyone has a great day. Ginger watch out for those waves. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats on giving up smoking Cowboy. Been there, done that. It’s tough but so, so worth it. Hang in there.

Looks like another day of walking on egg shells. Regardless, I’m going to have a great day, af.

Stay safe everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thinking of you and the Mrs today, QW. Well, everyday actually.

Cowboy, keep up the good work!

We were able to take our walk at low tide and the waves were still pretty sneaky! Instead of looking at the ground for agates, we kept our eyes on the surf!

Rava, in AZ we have a fungus in the dirt that releases spores after it rains called Valley Fever. It's a nasty disease. Our pup got it a couple years ago and it took 9 months to get her numbers back to normal. Sadly, it has lasting affects for the entire body. A friend got it and she has lasting respiratory problems. They've made the decision to stop going to AZ but they live on the Oregon coast so they are still enjoying mild winters.

Another gorgeous day here! May golf again today. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe tribe. Gorgeous morning here. Last day of spring like weather so I’m getting out in it. Have a wonderful day. I will join you all in another 24. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

30°F with a little snow this morning. Not much planned for today, which is nice. Binge watching The Crown on Netflix...it's so good!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning. Ginger I have never heard of Valley Fever. See how much we learn just by being in this group with people from all over the map! Its in the 40s this morning which is cold for Florida. Today I work at the thrift store. Cowboy hope you are still doing well with your cigarette quit. QW hope the Mrs. has a good day today. Thinking of you both. Hi to everyone out there. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me, please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another sad day in the Café today...once again my thoughts and prayers go out to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and her entire family on the passing of her sister Christina...

Comment

Thank you Cowboy I feel weird, numb, out of my body kind of feeling, I guess everyone feels like that when someone they love passes, just didn't feel like going through all this again so soon and I have no idea how my dad must feel cuz they had both lived with him and he was the one who found my sister, I feel like she was the one giving him strength to go on after Jon, now what, my heart aches. Great job on the smokes, that's harder than quitting drinking I think just cuz it's something we really use for a crutch throughout the day, you're doing awesome Ginger, I had never heard of that either, sounds awful, waves to the gang and wishes for a safe AF day for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Condolences on the passing of your sister Pauly. Sending you a big hug.

Our Parkinson care partner support group meets virtually this afternoon. It’s great to learn from others how they deal with living with PD. Our group is small, around 10, but the folks are wonderful, much like the folks in the Cafe.

Today will be a great day. Let’s enjoy it af.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh Pauly, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Sending prayers for you all. Especially, your dad. No words :,•(

24 more.....

Comment

Working...
                                X