~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:40 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, yuck is all I think about that, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Colder temps arrived overnight, supposed to be with us for the next week. Still, it’s been a mild winter and even if we get cold and lots of snow, winter is half over.

More downsizing and house hunting in the forecast. I hate the thought of moving but it’s necessary.

Thanks for the recipe Dill, the loaf looks awesome!

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; January 21, 2021, 09:14 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Weather turning here too. Rain in the forecast for several days. Not sure we'll stick around if stays this way. Oh the beauty of retirement. Don't like the weather? Just move on. Lol

Pauly, thinking of you and your family.

QW, good luck on the house hunting. The perfect place is out there for you and Mrs.

Dill, yummy looking bread.

Not sure what's on the agenda today but it won't include drinking!! 24 more

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Turing colder here as well with snow in the forecast. Another 24 for me. Peace and blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the quote yesterday Ginger. So true!

More cold and snow on the way today, and I must say that I prefer it over rain and mud!I

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Somehow missed my check in yesterday, but here I am today and going for 24 hours. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote Ginger, thanks!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and great quote yesterday Ginger. Thanks for that. Still thinking of you Pauly and hope things are ok with you and your family. QW good luck with the downsizing hunt. One thing I have learned when downsizing is to make sure you find a place that has lots of natural light. A small dark place can lead to depression. I have seen this with friends. The brighter the place the better you feel. Thats just my 2 cents! Our little condo is an end unit with lots of bright light and even tho its tiny, its a happy little place. My neighbors complain about the darkness of their units. So I just wanted to share that. Wishing everyone a great day. Heading to the beach today to catch up on some reading! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Agreed Rava! Too much darkness in a home feels dreary, 5:39 am in Vegas wishing us all another 24 and a nice day all around!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Having lots of light is a key criteria in our new home search. A southern exposure and lots of windows is what we’re looking for. We looked online at a nice condo that had everything on our wish list until we saw the condo fees were over $1,200 a month! And that didn’t include utilities or taxes. Housing prices are dropping and may continue to drop so if we’re able to sell here, we may look at renting for a while.

Hope everyone has a great af Friday!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I agree 100% about light, Rava. When we built our little house we picked two 8×12 sliding glass doors for the front facing wall of the home. Feels like I'm always outside!

This is the last week of our beach trip. It's been a lovely get away. We will be back.

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe waiters & waitresses. I will keep this post light for you Rava. Have a wonderful day and make something fun happen. We are getting BIG snow in The Sierras. My dilemma is to ski or not. I went a few times last year before the pox set in. Our ski mountain has had a number of staff test positive so we have cautiously avoided it. However, I need to ski so I may just go to the cross country center area or go snowshoeing. Of course, it’s another 24 for me. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Snowing hard at the moment,with 20°temps and wind. Me thinks that it will be an indoor kind of day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X