~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe peeps. Heading to my volunteer job this morning. Gonna be 85 degrees here today. No complaints here! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I loved hearing about your weather Rava. Here in Ohio it's a winter storm at the moment. And a good day to go for 24!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I got some very sad news yesterday from my cousin. She called to let me know my Uncle (55+ years sober and like a 2nd father to me) doesn't have much longer to live. He was admitted into hospital on Jan 28th with breathing difficulties which they thought might be COPD and while they were running tests one of his kidneys failed. Turns out he is full of cancer inside with no hope for any treatment to do any good and have given him 2 weeks to a month to live. My cousin is seeing what she can do to get me in to see him with the Covid restrictions being what they are up here. With any luck at all I'll drive over tomorrow to visit with him a bit before he's gone...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I sure hope that you can find a way to visit him before he's gone. :hug: Cancer sucks!

85° Rava? I'm jealous! It's 20°F here and snowing! Wish that you could send a little warmth and sunshine my way!
            [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], we have a lot of maple trees on our property and we make our own syrup. So much better than store bought!

I'll take another 24 please!

Comment

I'm sorry Cowboy, I know how much your uncle means to you big ((hugs)) 24 more for us all.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I know he was an important person in your life. I pray you can visit him and say goodbye.

School day.... gotta run but asking for another 24, please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please &thank you.

Rava, we could use some of your 85 degree temperatures. With the windchill here it’s -44C. Mrs QW re-scheduled a doctors appointment in the city, a 50 minute drive, because of the cold temps. It’s just not safe to be out.

Cowboy, sorry to learn of your uncles health. I hope you’re able to visit with him before he passes. I know how much he means to you from comments you made in earlier posts. What an inspiration he is to be sober 55+ years!

Jude, home made maple syrup, yum! Your Cafe friends, me especially, are looking forward to sharing some on a batch of Cowboys pancakes.

Let’s make today a great one! Enjoy it af!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; February 9, 2021, 09:27 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cowboy, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I know he has been an inspirational figure in your life. I will pray that you get to see him.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I’m so sorry to hear this news, Cowboy. I will keep you and family tucked away in my thoughts and prayers. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, y'all are the best dang friends a person could ever ask for! And the prayers worked, I got approved to see him for a short visit this morning! I'm not sure what I'm going to say to him during the visit knowing it's going to be the last time I see him, but I'll have the hour and a half drive to ponder on it...

Comment

I'm glad you'll get to see him Cowboy 5:41 am in Vegas another 24 hope everyone has a nice AF day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, you’ll know what to say when you see your uncle. He’ll just be happy to see you. You are both so fortunate to have been in each other’s lives.

Our frigid weather continues for a few more days. -29C this morning.

The real estate agent we were working with has been fired for doing basically nothing. He’s supposed to be one of the best but his communication skills lacked plus the 4 condos we asked to see, he never contacted the listing agents to arrange viewing. Essentially he wasted 2 weeks of our time. Maybe he’s too busy to help us but he could have said so, if in fact, that’s the case.

Mrs QW’s symptoms continue to be frustrating for both of us. It takes her mind longer to process information than it used to and I need to be more aware of, and more patient, in dealing with this when it happens.

Today’s goal is to find a realtor who can help us get relocated.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cowboy, I'm sure your words will come as they will spring from your heart. And I hope he is able to communicate to you as well. Prayers continue.

I saw an awesome movie yesterday called Mr. Jones. It is a very serious film with some rough scenes, but it is really good.

24 more pls and thank you for all cafe customers and beyond.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X