No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, that's a big decision. Is your hb leaning one way or the other? I remember being in that busy time of life where your kids apparently are. We lived 3 hours from my folks but I rarely saw them. They moved to Fla at one point and we took a couple trips to see them and it was lovely! Well, they didn't live in Florida totally. They lived there as a primary residence, but maintained a small condo in our home town.) We were happy for them, living their dream. Distance is hard to overcome sometimes tho. We couldn't afford much travel back then. They moved back to Ohio 10 years later and lived in our home town and near my brother. We were back to seeing them a bit more then. Life is change. Anyway, I guess you'll figure out what you think is best.

Lots of snow overnight. Still snowing now. 24 more would be great!
      Last edited by dill; February 16, 2021, 01:24 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It is a fairly major decision [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and does warrant serious thought! But there's not just the house sitting there empty to think about, it's also one less set of utility bills to pay, taxes, insurance, etc.

Not much news on my end, temps are starting to climb, busy with work, and my Uncle is still hanging in there!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Here's to another 24 hours!

Comment

Rava, that's a big decision! Wishing you clarity in your decision.

QW, hope today is a better one for Mrs and there are no egg shells in sight.

ABC, will you get to see your uncle again or do you feel you have the closure you need?

Hope everyone here in the Cafe has an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

These are tough choices to make Rava. As parents, we of course do whatever we can for our kids and grandkids. Rightly so. BUT we need to consider what’s best for us and what we want to do. I’m reminded daily that we’re not getting younger and there will come a time when travel is not possible. This pandemic has shown just how much can be done via Skype and Zoom. Visiting this way isn’t as good as an in person get together but we’ve found that we “see” our family more often. Our visits are about 15 minutes long and we do this every few days so we’re actually in closer contact than we were before.
              You can travel to see them and your family can enjoy some Florida sunshine when they come to see you.
              I remember a few years ago meeting a couple at the top of the Ek Balam pyramid in Mexico, a climb of about 150 steps. I commented to them that we were spending our kids inheritance. They said they were doing the same thing!

The long awaited warm up is to arrive this afternoon. I’m actually excited about getting to seasonal averages, even if it’s still cold.

We made some tough decisions yesterday about moving, now to get things underway.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the good advice from my cafe friends. Hubs is wanting to move maybe more than me but I know we both have to be equal in the decision. So for now the best way to handle it is to not think about it for a while and see how we feel when we get back north. Maybe a small condo instead of a big house close to the kids. Only time will tell what happens. I feel lucky to even have this decision to make. Today is supposed to be 85 and I watch the news from back north and its going to sleet and snow today and highs in the low 30s. UGH. Thankful for my sobriety. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

I could probably go see him again [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but I feel that we had a good visit and both of us got what we needed out of it. I think the hardest part now is the waiting, even more so for my Uncle, and he as much told me that when I was there...

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. I've always given up something for the Lenten Season every year since getting sober. Not so much to forsake my sins, but more as a way of showing gratitude for being sober. But this year, I don't have it in me to give up something. Maybe I need to look for some other way of being grateful...
                    Last edited by abcowboy; February 17, 2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I wouldn't feel guilty about not giving up something for lent. I know that you have a lot of gratitude in your heart for so many things. In the past year, most of us have "given up" a lot due to Covid.

24 more please...

Comment

Site is not letting me post! Another 24 hope this goes through
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I agree with Jude, Cowboy. We’ve all given up a lot this past year. Instead of thinking what we can give up, let’s celebrate what we have instead, starting with sobriety. Then there’s family and friends, and the list goes on. Having an attitude of gratitude will help us all through what lies ahead.

We found a realtor yesterday and today we’re seeing a couple of condos here. He’s well established in our local market and has a couple of properties that aren’t currently listed but where the owners have indicated a desire to sell if the right buyer comes along.

I participated in our Parkinson care partners support group yesterday and got a lot of useful information from others about dementia and Parkinson’s. There’s a course coming next month that should be of help.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

For Lent, I'd like to give up homeschooling my 9 and 11yo grandsons but guess that's not possible any time soon! It feels like I'm nagging them all the time and I feel terrible that I lose my patience with them. Ugh! I'm glad we are here to help but I fear when this is over I'll no longer be the "fun" grandma.

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Just quickly as I’m in all day meetings. Another 24for me. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X