Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, we use our recumbent bike almost every day. I do 45 minutes at 60% resistance and cover 10.4kms or about 6.5 miles. Mrs QW rides for about 20 minutes every other day at a lower resistance. I’m sure it would have been the Covid 25 were it not for bike riding.
    It was like a tonic taking Jessie for a walk yesterday. We both enjoyed the mild temps and sunshine.

Sadly our offer on the latest condo wasn’t accepted so the search continues. We know the right one will come along eventually. Having a firm offer on our present house would make buying easier. We made good progress on the house yesterday and will get more done today.

Techie, your Grand Canyon hike plans sound wonderful. What an amazing place. We learned so much about the history of the area and the people who settled there years ago when we were in Arizona a few years ago. Can’t wait to go back one day.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry that you didn't get the condo QW. Hopefully you will find something better soon!

Still snowing here ...Looks like we are having the entire winter season in the month of February!

24 more please!

Comment

Hopefully soon, QW!

Techie, what a wonderful adventure. We've wondered around that area many times but never done the hike. I bet it's amazing!

School day! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe hikers and friends. Beautiful day here. Getting in the bike for a long ride. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Taking a friend to an appointment today and have to leave the house at 7:15. WHAT?!!!! LOL, the last time I left the house that early was at least a year ago! So, it appears that I am seizing the day very early!

I hope everyone has another 24.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had a chuckle when I read your post [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] haha, but it made me think that the older I get, the more comfortable I get with my daily routine. I'm not sure who is more upset when that routine gets interrupted, Hank or me lol. He has his routines just like I have mine and my anxiety level increases just like his if something changes. I think it's a big reason why I haven't got comfortable living in Veg yet, I haven't been able to form a new routine...

Keep watching and looking [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the right place will come along at the right price!

I see a member ( [MENTION=18996]lindaleblanc39[/MENTION] ) logged in and checking out the various threads, why not join us here in the Café Linda, we're a pretty easy going group of folks!
                Last edited by abcowboy; February 24, 2021, 07:48 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The sun is actually shining this morning! Woot woot! :radiate: [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I am also one who needs a routine to keep my stress levels in check. It's been a little difficult since I retired, but I'm working on getting some structure back in my life.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m part of the Covid 15 group but have gained 10. UGH I hate it. Started walking each day in a effort to MOVE more. Retirement, covid and pure laziness all mixed up make for a fat lady. Hope everyone has a great day today. Sorry about the Condo QW. I am confident that you will find the perfect one. Even if you have to rent for a bit until it comes along. Your house will probably sell quick. At least the market is good right now. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Hamburgers on the beach tonight. (I will skip the roll). :welldone:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We made good progress yesterday on getting the house ready to list. Today I tackle my office and the crawl space. Rava, our financial planner suggested we rent and invest the sale proceeds of this house. We’ve owned our own homes for many, many years and I don’t know how I feel about being a tenant. I don’t like being at the mercy of a landlord who may decide to sell and force us to move. I’m looking at this relocation as the last until we need assisted living. But, I’ve looked at some rental properties that rent for around $1,500 including utilities and condo fees so in some ways it makes sense.

Burgers on the beach for supper. Wish your Cafe buddies could join you Rava!

Cowboy, hopefully you soon get into the routine of living in Vegreville. Dogs seem to be more adaptable than humans to change, as long as they get food and exercise! Does Hank go to work with you?

Have a great af Wednesday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm no financial planner, QW but I'd never invest my equity in a home in the market. I know I couple people that did just that right before the 09 recession and they lost a ton of money. I don't have the stomach for that kind of risk. So many decisions for you two!

I have the day off from school and have a ton of stuff to get done today. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe beach burger lovers. Gorgeous day here. Off for a 20k run with my new wearable HRM which replaces my old Garmin. Have a GREAT day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Dogs and retirees, yep, we like our routines! But yesterday was kind of fun, having a break in the routine. But it did put me off balance a bit.

QW, you sound like a busy and productive person, getting ready for your move. I must say that I am impressed! I just dread the thought of one day having to move, and all the work and chaos that goes with it. I do wish you and Mrs. Q a smooth transition.

Rava, I wish we could walk together to walk off this weight! Early morning walks before the heat of the day would be great. Now that it is getting light earlier and earlier I think I'll add a morning walk to my routine.

Ginger, my brother lost his shirt during that '09 debacle. He is still paying off that debt!

24 more please and thank you,
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Hope everyone has a great AF day!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X