Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Crud, Dill! That's such a bummer.

Heading out until Monday for another beach getaway. ⛱ Won't be like your beach, Rava but I'll take the ocean sounds!

24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, you’re so right. Investing the equity in our house carries risk and if we went this route, the funds would be invested in very low risk investments like government bonds. Our financial planner is almost as conservative as we are. She has tailored a portfolio with our other funds that provides a good sleep factor - I don't lie awake at night worrying about our money!

A friend of mine was convinced by a financial planner to take out a second mortgage on his house and invest the money in a group of funds in 2008. I don’t know if he recovered his funds but at age 73 he still has a mortgage.

I got most of my office packed and organized for a potential move. Now the crawl space. Wish me luck.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe superstars. Busy here. Off for a run. Have a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I have an early morning appointment today and woke up to my alarm clock blaring away. Haven't heard that in several months. Can't say that I miss it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's cake day today! Huge congrats

@Quit wining!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Greetings, cafe friends.

24 more today, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Happy 2 years QW. Huge accomplishment!! We have considered selling our home up north and doing a seasonal summer rental. The costs of that are high so that holds us back. I’m not sure I will ever make up my mind. I was always told that by not making a decision you are making a decision. (Will probably just keep things the way they are.) Hope everyone has a good day and happy Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Congrats, QW! Yummy cake too.

Made it to the coast! We'll be enjoying some coastal storms!

24 more.....

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Many thanks for the cake and congrats everyone. I would not have made it this far without my Cafe friends!

Our property will be listed next Friday. Nice to have a goal and best of all, Mrs QW has arranged for a friend to help with house cleaning and packing, something I’ve campaigned for.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congratulations QW! Wishing is all a happy AF Friday
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe cake lovers. Congratulations to you QW. Off on the bike in a few, but another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's colder out for a couple of days, but then returning to the milder temps later this week, can't wait for spring and seeding season to get here! I'm headed to Adam and Darcie's today to do some work on his heating system. It's all in-floor hot water heating so we're going to drain and flush the entire system and give the boiler heat exchanger a thorough cleaning hoping that will clear up the noise problem.

Comment

Good morning. Ginger you are back on the coast. Is that your happy place? QW good luck with your listing. It’s crazy how fast stuff sells on the market. I hope you sell your place in a flash! Hope everyone has a great Saturday. We have been cleaning our outside deck which is full of sap and stuff from the trees. We found something called 30 seconds and it works like a charm. Gonna scrub it one more time today and call it a day! Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X