~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe vaccinated, et al. Quick stop over to say another 24. Blessings x
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Looks like it's up to me to get the ball rolling today. I'll go with "signs of Spring"...
      I've noticed the winter wheat is greening up. Not yet growing, but the green is hopeful! Some buds on some trees are beginning to swell. Mr. D pruned the orchard, and our young cattle people checked the pasture fences and brought over 6 mama cows with their new little calves.

24 more for all of us please. And thank you for the 24 of yesterday.
      Last edited by dill; March 3, 2021, 06:42 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Nothing worse than a poor night's sleep [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Hope last night was better.

We usually have 2 signs of spring up here [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the first is when we see the first geese headed north. We call that "false spring" as we usually get a couple of huge dumps of snow after that lol. The sure sign of spring is when we see the first gopher (Richardson Ground Squirrel), then we know spring is here. Haven't seen either yet though....
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Hope everyone is staying warm. Cowboy, we are 1.5 miles from the beach. No water view as we could never afford that. Our condo is small and nestled in some trees but we can get on our bikes or take a short drive and be at the beach. That’s good enough for us! Hope everyone stays well and has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good Wednesday morning cafe! The sun is shining and it's 32°out! Woo hoo!

To me, the first real sign of Spring is when the red-winged blackbirds arrive. I haven't seen any yet, but there are definitely signs that better days are coming.

Well, Mr. J and I have an appointment at the end of March to get our first Covid vaccine. I really wish that there had been more testing done on the safety of the vaccine, but it is what it is.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So nice to see signs of spring. Yesterday we noticed there were lots of birds around for the first time in many months. No signs of geese here either Cowboy but we may get to see gophers as our snow should be gone in the next day or so thanks to unusually mild temperatures.

Our cleaning help is to arrive this morning. I’m sure our house knows we’re planning to move. Two weeks ago the circulating pump on our hot water tank had to be replaced at a cost of $525 and last night the gas fireplace started acting up. Arrrrgh. Good thing I don’t drink!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Seen Texas is lifting their mask mandates and got curious about what other states don't have one and was surprised there's a few! To me I think it's a bit soon to lift them but who knows, glad I'm not in charge of those decisions. Slept better last night, dunno what the deal was the other night, 5:53 in Vegas another 24, hope everyone has a great AF day!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Second vaccine done! Sore arm and a little headache but Tylenol helped with that.

Rava, did I see Florida is opening everything back up?

In the 60 around here so it feels like spring is definitely here. We all know this early in March, that can change though!

I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe spring season lovers. Busy day for me, but always time for another 24. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Jude, I'm glad you finally could get a vaccine appointment! Ginger, I had arm soreness after the second shot too.
                        Pauly, I was thinking about the Texas and Mississippi decisions to lift the mask mandate. It won't mean people won't wear masks or shop owners can't require masks. I think people will continue to do what they need to for their own health, don't you? It just means the state no longer requires it. I think it is kind of brave to make those types of decisions knowing you're going to face huge backlash.

Cowboy and QW, spring is not yet here by any means. We have a little ways to go. But the early signs do give me some comfort! I have also noticed lots more birds and bird sounds. Jude, I could have sworn I was hearing redwing blackbirds the other day, but I never saw any. Maybe it was a scout or two flying ahead of the flock. Maybe it was my imagination.

A round of 24 more on order for today here at the cafe.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I can never quite understand how they set and lift the restrictions, I know it's somehow based on active cases, but shouldn't there be some sort of standard across the board for the restrictions? Take Alberta for example, many businesses have been allowed to re-open but with maximum capacity restrictions of around 15%. If we're all wearing masks and sanitizing our hands, one would think that capacity could be a bit higher? And then look at the lineups outside waiting to get in the store, many people standing close together without a mask on because you're only required to wear masks indoors....seems strange to me...

Comment

30° and snowing. Come on Spring, where are you?

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW cancelled our cleaning help yesterday as she wasn’t feeling well. Then 30 minutes later we get a call from the agent we’re going to list the house with, but haven’t yet, to ask if he could show the house. So we spent much of the day getting the house ready. The couple apparently liked it and commented ours was the cleanest house they’d looked at. We’re hoping they liked the house enough to submit an offer today.

Easing Covid restrictions seems as unnecessarily complicated as implementing them was, thanks to those who make the decisions. Those of us who are trying their best to stay safe are at risk of Covid from those who put themselves in harms way because they don’t believe the science. Australia made the tough decision to shut their borders and go into lockdown and, as tough as it was, the lockdown worked as evidenced by the drop in Covid cases. And flare ups are immediately dealt with by implementing lockdown procedures. Interesting to note that the new cases there are related to international travel with flight crews being the major cause. We need to be more like Australia!

Looking forward to a Zoom meeting with our Parkinson’s support group this afternoon.

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X