~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW, good luck with the house! I bet it sells fast.

Back to normal today! Good thing too, it's a school day. Youngest grandson had his conference. In reading he scored in the 93 percentile and math he scored in the 97 percentile. Older grandson's conference is next week. Hoping he does ok. He's preteen and not as "schooly" as his little brother.

Hope everyone has a great day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe home sellers and spring lovers. Gorgeous day here and can’t wait to get out in it. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. Hope everyone is having a good day. I forgot to post this morning. Ginger I love the “schooly comment”. I get it as my two grands are the same way. One wants to work and one wants to play! It’s a little cooler here today. Another 24 for me please and thank you..

Comment

Hope that you sell your house quickly QW!

Not much planned for today, and that's OK with me! No plans for drinking either!

24 more please!

Comment

Congrats on a job well done, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Looks like all your efforts towards your gkid's education are paying off! I hope it helps you feel better about the rough patches.

Cowboy, I don't mind that there are differences in how various regions set their standards, although perhaps a bottom line standard should be given from a central government but only as a guide. But different communities like to do things their way. I am grateful I live in a state where there is good and reasonable governance. I don't always agree with our Governor's restrictions, but he does go on TV and justify them and give his reasons for his actions which I appreciate. And he sets his standards and gives his reasons. (When we reach X number of cases, we will drop the mask mandate. ...., we will increase capacity in venues. etc.) He spells it out and explains it all on the TV. I personally am glad that different locations have different rules. In the end we can compare all the results and see whose ideas worked and whose fell short. That said, I am not happy that the mask mandate has not been lifted in Ohio yet. I'm willing to grant that if I were in a position of leadership like he is, I may err on the side of caution. And since he gave a clear and reasonable targets, I'm ok with going along. His ultimate target: when we get down to 50 cases per 100,000 all restrictions will be lifted. Currently we are at 179/100,000. And as we all know, the whole thing has been severely tainted with politics which has been counterproductive. Let's hope that it will all be behind us very soon. With the vaccines, we are well on our way.

My clear and reasonable target for today: 24 hours af.
            Last edited by dill; March 5, 2021, 01:20 PM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] @Qui wining [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A few things to mention this morning, I didn't say anything earlier but my Uncle passed away peacefully on the 24th of Feb. My cousins decided to cremate him and then hold off on any sort of memorial service till the restrictions are lifted, they are hoping sometime in July or August. He touched the lives of so many people and I'm sure it will be in the hundreds the amount of people who will want to pay last respects...

It was finally decided by the powers that be that the fil is well enough to leave the hospital and has been for some time. But the level of care assessor has been busy and has now determined that he needs to be placed in a Level 4 residence, which is basically a long term care center or what we used to refer to as a nursing home. This will mean that the in-laws will be living apart from now on just like they have been for the past 6 weeks. Of course there is a waiting list for the Care Center here in Veg as is the case in many communities, so we had to give 3 options as to where to have him placed. Our first option is Veg of course, the second option is Mundare (a small community 15 minutes west of Veg), and finally Mannville. It would be too funny if he got placed in Mannville as that is only a 15 minute drive from Vermilion, but a 40 minute drive from Veg. Now it's just a waiting game to see when a bed becomes available in any of those communities, and we'll start paying the same daily rate for him to stay at the hospital as it would cost in a Care Center.
                Last edited by abcowboy; March 5, 2021, 07:52 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Condolences on the passing of your uncle Cowboy. Even though it’s expected, the passing of a loved one still hurts.
                  I’m glad your fil is ready to leave hospital. Hopefully a bed will soon open in the care centre in Vegreville so the family doesn’t have to travel too far to see him but most important is that he gets the care he needs.

I guess we aren’t going to get an offer from the couple who looked at our house the other day. Today the fireplace repair person will be here to fix whatever is wrong with it. I’ll feel better selling the house knowing the fireplace is working properly.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Condolences, ABC. Glad your fil can move to a facility. Here in our state long term care runs about $8,000 a month. Is that similar to Canada? Not sure how anyone can afford that "long term"!

Bummer about the house, QW. Fingers crossed it sells soon!

No school for me today just a ton of chores! And no AL! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe elite members. So sorry to hear about your uncle, Cowboy. Life can ge extremely challenging at times. Another 24 please. Blessings x
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

My condolences Cowboy, on the loss of your Uncle. He will be missed by you and many, many others. He sounds like he was one of those rare people that bring light and happiness to many. It is a rare and wonderful gift and it sounds like he did not waste it. Also, I will pray that your fil get a place near you.

QW, sorry your buyers didn't seem to work out but don't worry. It won't take long. Around here lots of houses were selling the same day they were listed in the Fall. I don't know if things are slowing now or not, but I am pretty sure it's still a hot market nearly everywhere and will be for a while longer.

We are having the grandkids today for an overnight!! We are all so excited! It's been so long.

So it will be a another good day not to drink! Have a good Saturday everyone!:happy2:
                        Last edited by dill; March 6, 2021, 06:38 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks everybody for the condolences...

Wow [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm glad we don't live there! How could anyone afford that kind of expense?? It will be about $2000 a month for the fil, and $1800 a month for the mil where she is living, so less than half your area costs for both here. Then again, senior housing is heavily subsidized by the government, so I'm not sure what the "real" costs are.

I'm going to bet the grandkids are just as excited as you are [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Enjoy your overnight with them!

Not to worry [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the house will sell soon enough! I think it was the 4th person who viewed our house that made an offer we accepted, and then the reality set in lol.

I'll bet it's a nice walk or bike ride down to the beach [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! We do a lot of walking oceanside when we go visit our daughters in Vancouver...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; March 6, 2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

God speed to your uncle [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I hope that he is at peace now.

The cost of nursing homes in this area is very high as well, with an average cost of $6,000 a month! Who can afford that???

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The fireplace repair person has hopefully fixed the problem - the wall switch needed replacing. Today someone is coming to measure the house and on Monday we sign the listing papers with our agent.
                                Houses in our price range are moving fairly fast. One of our neighbours recently sold before the for sale sign was put up. We weren’t expecting anything to come from the showing we had the other day but it was great practice getting the house ready! Mrs QW doesn’t handle stress very well these days so we’re taking it slow and trying to keep things as low stress as possible.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X