Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW, that is amazing news! Done and done is right. Lol

I have two friends with covid right now. One is my age and is really struggling. She's a nurse and refused the vaccine and is really sorry she did now. Hind sight....

Day light savings time starts this Sunday. Ugh... 24 more here!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe supporters. Thank for the well wishes. I had to spend two days in the hospital with an infection from my bike accident. I had some debris in my knee and elbow that got severely infected. Hone now on oral antibiotics and pain meds. $800 to repair my bike. Well, thanks again as I go for another 24. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, I'm glad you ae home again and on the mend. We are so blessed to have the hospitals and treatments that we have. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

Ginger, sorry to hear about your friend that is struggling with covid. Hope she gets better soon. I heard from a friend yesterday who I hadn't talked to in quite a while. She said her hb had the covid in December but was symptomless. He never knew he had it and wouldn't have known except for the fact that he regularly goes to the blood bank to donate plasma. They discovered antibodies in his plasma and notified our local health dept. of the case. Several days later he got a call from the health dept. asking how he was doing. He was totally confused by their call! When they explained he was just in total amazement. My friend also told me that she was very ill in December and in retrospect now believes she also had the covid. She had all the classic symptoms. I'm not sure why she didn't go see a doc and get tested. She recovered after a couple weeks.

I have a friend with blood cancer. We got our vaccines on the same day. Yesterday was her birthday and for the first time in a year we were able to give each other a hug!

Sorry, I'm going on too long!! 24 more please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; March 11, 2021, 09:46 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I read in the local newspaper yesterday that our Health Authority is looking at making Vegreville a vaccination center so I'm definitely going to wait on my shot now until that happens. No sense driving an hour to get it if I can get it right here in town.

Congrats on selling the house [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Is there a hurry now to find something to buy because of possession date?

Great to hear you're on the mend [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I know how serious infections can be after any cut or scrape happens that we don't think are too serious.

Hopefully your friends will recover without too many complications [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I'm of the opinion that we should all probably get vaccinated, but it still has to be a personal choice, not one forced on us.

I enjoy reading long posts [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so take up the whole page if you want, and that goes for all of you. I'd post more if I had something to post, but right now it would only seem like I was complaining about things lol.

Can't wait for spring either, but not looking forward to the time change this weekend. "Spring forward" is the one I find hardest to get used to!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's great news about selling your house QW! Hope that you can find a new place soon!

Geez [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...are we going to have to wrap you in bubble wrap? Glad that you are being treated for the infection, and hope that you heal quickly.

Another AF day please and thank you!

Comment

Wishing us all a happy AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, sorry you had complications after your spill. Hope the meds help you heal quickly. And even though the bike repairs are expensive, the bike can be fixed.

The house inspection is scheduled for Monday, after which the only condition on the offer can hopefully be removed. We’re not panicking yet but the search for a condo will kick into high gear.
                  We’ve been struggling with downsizing, trying to figure out how we can fit 1,772 square feet of stuff into 1,000-1,200 square feet. Our realtor called yesterday and it seems the purchasers have asked what furniture items we might be willing to sell! Hopefully that problem is solved!

Our neighbour brought about a dozen boxes yesterday so we can continue packing. She works at WalMart and says she can supply us with as many boxes as we need. Yay!

Lots more decisions to be made today. I’m sure glad they’re being made with a clear head!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yikes, Techie! Two days in the hospital. That does sound serious. Glad your home and on the mend with antibiotics!

Dill, I love your long post! Keep sharing.

I'm kind of with you on posting ABC. Same old same old here so not much to post. Lol

24 more around here tho!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Seems like I have been MIA for a bit but actually things here have been crazy. We got a call from a realtor with a couple that wanted to buy our house up north. Had really not made a concrete decision about selling...... The realtor got us a great price and we took it. I’m sitting here reading QWs posts and mine are exactly the same. Our inspection is also Monday with the buyers wanting some of the furniture. Head is reeling and its all so overwhelming to me. We are heading back home next week to get rid of our stuff. Techie, so glad you are doing better but sorry to hear you had to spend some time in the hospital. Hope you heal quickly. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe staff. Follow up appttoday with my orthopedic doc. Another 24. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Look at you two [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], both selling the houses! One less headache or worry, now to move and declutter. I think that was one of the better things about moving, decluttering!

I saw my first geese yesterday! Now to wait for the last one or two dumps of the heavy, wet snow then spring will be here!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; March 12, 2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Rava, that is super exciting news! Congrats!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have friends coming this morning to help organize things for the move. Now all we have to do is find a place to live! Today we’ll start packing some non-essentials. The purchasers are deciding what furniture they’re interested in buying, we’re hoping it’s lots! We’ve given them a list of everything we’re willing to part with so hopefully we can downsize that way. One thing we’ve realized is that there’s really very little we’re attached to. It’s mostly just stuff.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; March 12, 2021, 08:42 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X