~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hope today is a better one for you Techie.

Cowboy, anything open up yet for your fil? And thanks again for another Sunday morning breakfast!

I've been staying out of stores since last March/April. But now that we're vaccinated Mr. D wants to have an adventure. A new Menard's opened up in our area and I've been wanting to to see it. It's huge! We are going tomorrow morning. Menards is a home improvement type of store but they have lots more than just that. It will be fun to look around.

Hope everyone has a great af Sunday. I plan on it.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, hope today is better for you.

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy! Thanks,

Like others, I too am sick of the twice a year time change. Our premier said that 71% of Albertans surveyed want to do away with it. Similar numbers in other jurisdictions yet no one seems to want to be the first to act. Everything seems to depend on others taking action. And our premier now wants to put it to a referendum at election time this fall. No mention what he would do if the voters want to get rid of it though. More bafflegab. Bottom line, unless British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California all want to change, absolutely nothing will happen here.

So nice to see signs of spring - geese and other birds returning, golf courses in the area opening and finally we can see our lawn. Can a barbecued steak be in the near future? With the move fast approaching, we have to empty the freezer so lots of beefy must-goes await!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; March 14, 2021, 09:25 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, please let us know how you are soon. Continued prayers!

Yummy breakfast, ABC. Pancakes are my favorite!

24 more....

Comment

Good morning Cafe caring souls. I’m ok. Still sore. I think I’m going to give up the competitive stuff and learn to enjoy my sport recreationally. Age, pain, and the recent recovery from cancer all lead me in that direction. I am fine with that. I plan on traveling more as things open up. Looking forward to Greece in September. So. another 24 for me. Have an awesome day, and thanks again for your concern. With gratitude XOXO
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Cafe. Late check in. Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy but I’m afraid I missed it! Techie glad you are mending well. Just back last night from a 23 hour drive. Its so exhausting. I am so tired that I have a headache. Family came over today to get some things and tomorrow is our inspection. I think it will pass and I’m not too worried. Hopefully the buyers will want most of the furniture since its a second home. QW I’m right with ya on this ride..... Wishing everyone a great Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Life is change. And there's a lot of that happening in the cafe!

For today, 24 hours of freedom for all of us please.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It will all be over soon [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and Quit wining! Selling, moving and buying houses is s so stressful, but it will be worth it in the end.

Well, I've decided to go back to work part time, and today is my first day. I will only be working 4 hours a day on M,W, and F. The extra money will come in handy, and now that Winter is almost over, it will be good to get out of the house!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

We don't expect the fil to get placed anywhere in the near future [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. All 3 places we choose have long waiting lists and there's only one reason for a room to become available. It's a sad situation when you have to wait for someone to die to move up on the list. There's a store (Hobby Wholesale) in Edmonton I've been waiting to check out as well, it's supposed to carry all sorts of train sets and accessories. Now that businesses are allowed 25% capacity for shoppers, it might be a time to do a Costco run and check out the hobby store!

Nothing wrong with non-competitive sports [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Our 2nd eldest daughter used to compete in triathlon's and ironman competitions, but personal injuries and the Covid situation has done the same thing to her. But she still gets up early and continues to train as if she was getting ready for an event.

Hope the home inspections go good today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, Jude nice to hear you'll be working part time, that will be alot of fun hopefully, waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well good for you, Jude! Hope it goes well.

School day! Better get on with it. 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats on the new job Jude. As part of our relocation to Calgary, I’ve had to step down from one of my volunteer roles. I will miss it as I’ve been with the organization for 6 years. We’ve recently attracted several new members so it’s a good time to leave.
                          I’m not sure if I’ll resign from the other organizations I do volunteer work with, time will tell.

Techie, congrats on deciding to enjoy non-competitive activities. I don’t suppose you need a photographer to go to Greece with you? Just wondering. My photography started as a hobby, became a business and is now a hobby again. I like it better as a hobby.

Off to get ready for the house inspection. Have a great af Monday everyone. And be extra vigilant on the roads today. I read that the Monday following time changes is more dangerous than being on the road at other times.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. A late start today. Family here for a few days. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

That's great, Jude! Hope you enjoy your new job.
                              Techie, always nice to have family in!
                              We enjoyed our trip to Menards. We went really early in the morning so there were hardly any people in the store. The place was huge!
                              It's been a cold and rainy couple of days. The sun seems to be hiding for a few days.
                              24 more please and thank you
                              Dill

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X