Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I saw this quote yesterday and thought it was worth sharing. Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always. Robin Williams. The world would be a better place if only we were kind to each other. Always.

We looked at 3 condos yesterday but incredibly we’re still waiting for our buyers to waive their final condition - interim financing. Their bank is causing the slowdown. Their agent called ours yesterday to apologize for the delay. I seem to recall from my banking days that approving interim financing is pretty much a no brainer. Frank & Blunt may have to show up later today.

My choice for a new house is a condo we saw in west Calgary. I just hope it’s still on the market when our conditions are removed and we can write a firm offer. Am I ever glad I don’t drink!!

Hope everyone had a safe and af St. Paddy’s Day yesterday.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in! Hope everyone has an easy day. Spring has sprung around these parts. Yay!

24 more....

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Good luck QW. Going to be a rainy day here. I’ll take it as we need all we can get. Have a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
        Last edited by techie; March 18, 2021, 11:59 AM.
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie thanks for sharing your story. I’m sorry that you are going thru this. Giving up what you love is hard and hopefully you can work around it and still be happy. My house sale is moving so quickly and my head is spinning. I’m happy that its happening but physically and emotionally I am exhausted. I am also here to admit that I started drinking again. This morning I threw out all the booze with the garbage. It felt kinda good to drink again but as always it takes me to a dark place which I hate. I’m sorry that I let myself down and this group down as well. Thanks for listening. 24 hours ahead for me........

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...guess we're in the same boat, as I slipped as well last night. :hungover: Feel like crap this morning, both emotionally and physically. I've been stressed about a lot of things lately, and I guess that I just let it get to me. Today's another day...

Humbly asking for 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

Well, it appears that I wrote a quick post yesterday but neglected to hit the post quick reply button! I figured it out when I noticed the restore previous content button at the bottom of the message window this morning. So, here's yesterday's restored content:

"It's a perfect day not to drink!
              Loved that quote, QW. So true.
              24 more please and thank you."

Rava, I know just how you feel and I am glad that you decided to turn back to the light! Alcohol is cunning...

I feel like I could use some good news around here. It's been a run of bad news for a while now and it's hard to stay positive. Mostly the news that is getting me down is the illnesses people I'm close to are struggling with. Recently we were hit with the news that my recently deceased brother's wife has been diagnosed with cancer. Her prognosis is unknown just yet but is not looking good. So much for her sons and grandchildren to go thru, not to mention herself.

So, I'm focusing on my gratitude for today. And it will be a good day not to drink.
              24 more for me.

Cross posted, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Sorry you're feeling so low. You know what to do.
              Last edited by dill; March 19, 2021, 06:25 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm always at a loss for words when I read someone slipped, but I do feel bad for them and understand because I was there myself once. There's only one way to beat this devil, we all know it, but it can still be hard for common sense to kick in when we reach for that first drink. This isn't your first rodeo ladies, you know what has to be done, and I have every confidence that you can do it...

I hear you on the good news front [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Such a terrible thing for your sil and kids to have to deal with just after dealing with their own grief with the passing of your brother. And after I read your post, I wondered what good news I could share with everyone, but couldn't come up with anything except that I don't have any bad news to share, so that is good lol.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I know what you mean about selling a house in a short time frame. We finally got the news we’ve been anxiously awaiting - our purchasers have now waived the last of their conditions & apologized for the delay caused by their bank. The sold sign goes up this morning. We’re going into Calgary to look at a condo close to our kids and grandkids. We wanted to see this one a couple of weeks ago but were told it wasn’t available, then yesterday our realtor called to say it’s on the market again and would we like to see it.

Sorry to learn of the slips Rava & Jude. As Cowboy pointed out, we’ve all been there and we know what needs to be done. With all the stress going on with selling/buying houses, I admit I’ve been tempted recently. Most important - you’re friends are here for you Jude & Rava.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Be kind. Always.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well crap! Is it the moon? I had two glasses of wine last night too. We were at the store and I picked up a bottle of white, just like it was the most normal thing in the world to do. No excuses. Just did it. We all know where that leads. We aren't "normal" drinkers. I wish my home was AL free and I've asked hubby if he'd stop with me but he's not willing. Seems like it might be easier if I didn't have to see it sitting there every night. Of course, that shouldn't matter. I did it before! Humbly asking for 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Rava, good for recognizing the path drinking would lead to. Life will always throw us curve balls and difficulties. Rainy day here. I have fully resigned myself to backing off the training and just having fun. You may not know, but my wife and I are both writers. Not sure I mention that in this thread. She is a best selling author. Me, I write articles for men’s periodicals like Men’s Journal, Men’s Health, and Sports Illustrated. I’m thinking about writing a book about substance abuse in my sport. It seems counter intuitive that elite athletes would abuse drugs and alcohol, but it’s there. So, another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                        Last edited by techie; March 19, 2021, 12:23 PM. Reason: Typo
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I have the same problem with having booze in the house, as the hubby still drinks. I realize that it's up to me not to reach for that first glass, but it does make it difficult when the alcohol is staring you in the face everday.

Congratulations on selling the house QW! Hope that you find a condo soon!

I think that a book on athletes and substance abuse is a great idea [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I can imagine that the stress of competition might be a big factor in drug and alcohol abuse. What type of books does your wife write? Just wondering if I have read any of her books.

Sorry to hear about your sil [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. What a horrible thing to go through, especially so soon after losing her husband.

Humbly asking for another sober day ...

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for all the support. Yes it must have been a full moon and the level of honesty here is what makes me keep coming back. No one judges and thats exactly what I like. I don’t ever want to go down that hole again.. When I compare my life now to what it was before I got on this group I was drinking heavily every day. Now I know when I slip it could lead right back there in no time. Another 24 for me please and thank you and also thanks again for listening.

Comment

5:57 am In Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X