Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

There is a level of honesty and accountability in the Cafe that makes us feel comfortable in sharing that we’ve slipped. We are among friends here and regardless of having slips, we’re successful every day we don’t give in to the beast! And we should never forget that it’s one day at a time. I know when I quit the last time I didn’t set out to be sober for a month, 6 months, a year, my goal was one day at a time.

Well, we looked at that condo yesterday, decided it was where we want to be, wrote an offer and by 6pm yesterday we had a deal. Our new house is close to our kids, about a 1 minute drive from one and 10 minutes to the other. There are many features available to us including a pool, hot tub, woodworking shop, library, games room, pool tables and shuffleboard, banquet room, underground parking & car wash, plus it’s close to shopping. Of course there’s a cost to all of these amenities, reflected in the monthly condo fees but worth it in our opinion. As a bonus, when this unit came on the market again, the vendors had lowered the price by $10,000! Now the real work begins, starting today.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW that is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you and Mrs. Q! It sure seemed like that happened so easily that is was meant to be.

Ginger and Jude, I am so lucky that Mr. D does not drink. I don't have to worry about al in the house. I think he knew I wouldn't be able to cope with that and he really wanted me to quit, so he quit buying beer for football season. That was the only time he drank with any regularity. He could drink one and stop. I didn't understand it. But it definitely was not as big a deal to him to decide to keep it out of the house as it was for me!

Techie I had no idea you and your wife are writers. I always wished I could do that. But, I don't have that talent. However, I am glad to be one of the readers! I almost always have a book going. In recent years tho I have turned to audio books more so than actually sitting down.

Another good day not to drink, as Cowboy would say!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Not sure where I'd be without all of your support! I just know it wouldn't be good.

Techie, I think your idea of a book is an awesome idea! I hope you do it.

QW, yay! Sounds like the perfect location and the amenities, wow!

I'm praying for 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe aspiring artists. There is no magic, dill. Connect you heart to your brain and grab a pen. Gorgeous day here. Lots to do around casa Techie. Another 24 for me. Have a great day. Blessings x
          Last edited by techie; March 20, 2021, 11:54 AM. Reason: Comment to Dill
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

This breakfast looks so good, I might actually try it for real!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's not often that you hear of someone who sells and buys in that short of timeframe [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and the new place sounds perfect for both of you!

I really think that's why we come here, for the support and advice from friends who have been there, and understand what we are going through!
                Last edited by abcowboy; March 21, 2021, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the congrats on the new house. Our kids are thrilled that we’ll be close and we’re looking forward to having them visit often, after Covid.

I was humbled yesterday when our wonderful neighbours were in tears after the SOLD sign went up. We’ll miss them too.

Cowboy, you mean to say that the brekkies you provide every Sunday aren’t examples of your culinary prowess?

Off to more moving preparations and packing. I have to write down everything I need to get done in case I forget something important.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm excited for you QW! That condo sounds great and to be so close to your kids will be awesome, that worked out beautifully, 6:93 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great breakfast cowboy! I'm here late today, so I guess that it's left-overs for me!

Wonderful news on finding a condo so soon [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Also, congratulations on not drinking while going through some stressful times.

Sunny and mild today with highs in the fiftys. It's a good day not to drink!

Comment

QW, are those the same neighbors that are taking Jesse when you move? Hope your move and the work that goes with it is manageable and goes smoothly.

Hope everyone has an easy day! 24 more here.

Comment

I'm still stuck in the no-good-news-badlands. I'm grateful for the sunny and warmish Spring weather tho. That's helping a lot! Hey, I just realized, today is the first day of Spring!! We made it.

My best friend who is struggling with blood cancer has had some bad side effects from her medicine. Turns out one of the side effects is that it can cause skin cancers and infections. So, it's not been easy for her at all. I do what I can to help. Last week I took her for a CTscan and this week I'm going with her for a PETscan. Fingers crossed and prayers for her.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. QW. YAY so happy you found a condo and the amenities sound wonderful!!! I too am writing everything down. We are about 90 percent cleared out. Had no idea we had so much “stuff”. Dill I hope your friend makes out well and she is lucky to have you to help her. We have made many truck runs to the local recycling center and our kids came and cleared out what they wanted. Wishing everyone a great Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thanks

Comment

Good morning Cafe new hone owners, et al. Congratulations QW. Sorry to hear about your friend, Dill. Life is a challenge even at the best of times. Another 24 for me. Have a beautiful day. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Early wake up and lots to do. Will be heading back to sunny Florida in just 2 weeks. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. House is about 80% done. We are taking everything we want in our SUV. That’s some real downsizing for sure! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X