No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:33am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That is some serious downsizing [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol! Even after all the downsizing we did in our move, we somehow gained much more. We now have at least 2, and sometimes 3 or 4, of a lot of things!
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 22, 2021, 06:40 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, we could use your help in downsizing! Like Cowboy, we’ve accumulated more stuff since our last downsizing. 8 years ago when we moved here I thought we’d gotten rid of everything we didn’t need. Wrong.
        Yesterday we sold a bedroom set, a buffet and a lamp. We just need to keep doing that!

I’ve been awake since 5 thinking about everything I need to do today so I’d best get at it.

Have a great af Monday everyone. Stay safe and be kind. Always.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a great AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning cafe! All of this talk about downsizing is making me tired!

Hope that things improve for your friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

School day! Gotta get going. 24 more here, please!

Comment

Another gorgeous day here! It would be a shame to ruin it with drink.

Rava, you sound like you have been really, really busy!! It's funny how things just seem to be falling into place once you made that big decision.

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe downsizer’s (yes, I make up words). Beautiful day in my neck of the woods. Writing an article for Men’s Journal. It should be ready for their June issue. I’ve been thinking about another Grand Canyon hike, rim to rim. The best part of this is staying on the North Rim for a few days. The park rangers are always giving talks on various aspects of the area. Geology, wildlife, plants, and the history & mysteries of the park. I just love it. My wife and I did the hike in 2014 & 2017. In 2014 we hiked it over the 4th of July and it was one of the hottest on record. We saw several rescues. We struggled. We each carried six liters of water and we were running out. We slowed our pace and hiked to the next shade, even though it might be shadow from a twig sticking our of the sandstone. It was always, “if we can just get to the next shade.” That was motivation enough. My wife needed IV fluids at a facility in Page, AZ the next day. It took me a week or two to fully recover. The 2017 hike was a much better experience. However, if you are ever interested in doing that hike, it will change your life for the better.

Another 24 for me. Have a beautiful day friends. Blessings x
                  Last edited by techie; March 22, 2021, 12:17 PM.
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Striving for success is healthy - but believing you need to succeed the first time around may backfire. Mentally strong people believe failure is part of the process toward a long journey to success. By viewing failure as a temporary setback, they're able to bounce back and move forward with ease.
                      ~Amy Morin

That certainly holds true for us here. I believe we have all had to be patient with ourselves through this journey toward wellness.

Another sunny day here and my daffodils are making me smile every time I see them. This is the first time in I don't know how many years that we have not had major bad weather just as the daffodils began to bloom. It's been a treat.

Techie, the Canyon walk sounds inviting. Such awesome beauty.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; March 23, 2021, 06:38 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I think it was you who asked the other day when I mentioned our neighbours being in tears when the sold sign went up, if they were the ones getting Jessie. They are. I don’t think she could go to a better home! Not only do they walk here daily, they’ve had her for sleepovers and they call her Sweetie!

Tomorrow is the inspection at the condo we’re buying. I wasn’t going to have one done but I read that the inspector we’ve hired discovered a gas leak in a condo in a 4 plex he inspected and prevented serious damage and injuries. Peace of mind is worth it.

Yesterday was non-stop running around and move related phone calls to the point my head hurt! Likely more of the same today.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I'm so happy Jesse found her fur-ever home with your great neighbors.

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Gorgeous day here. I hope you all have a great one. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in today. I had a minor surgical procedure which turned into an all day affair due to unexpected complications. I feel OK now, just a little loopy from the anesthesia. :ambivalence:

Geez techie! You and your wife are hard core! I would never be able to tolerate that heat!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X