~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, that's too bad your simple procedure had some complications. Glad you are ok.

I have decided that we have too much junk. We acquired it slowly over a period of many, many years so I have felt daunted about doing anything about it. So, I made a plan. I am going to just eliminate things one at a time. I have a goal to find something each day and dispose of it. It's going to be slow going but it is a pace I feel I can handle. If I let the task overwhelm me, I'll stay buried in the stuff. Don't get me wrong. I am not a hoarder. It's just an accumulation of a family over time.

I hope everyone has a great day!

24 more, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; March 24, 2021, 08:01 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That was a great quote yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I like your goal of getting rid of 1 thing per day, not overwhelming, but gets the job done!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, it’s amazing how we accumulate stuff gradually over time. The key is to realize it’s just stuff and surprisingly, especially when you’re in downsizing mode, how little of it you’re attached to. Part of our goal in downsizing is to make things easier for our kids when we’re gone.

Jude, glad you’re on the mend!

I took Jessie for a walk yesterday and as I sometimes do, depending on traffic, let her off leash about 100 yards from our house. I told her “Go home, go get Mom”. And she went to the neighbours! I was sad and happy at the same time.

Mrs QW laughed way too hard yesterday as I read some jokes to her, in particular at the one that said “I told my wife I want to be cremated. She made a reservation for me for next Tuesday”

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; March 24, 2021, 07:40 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude sorry your minor surgery went into a bit more. Glad you are feeling better! Dill, one thing at a time is a good plan. Thats what I was doing but damn we had so much stuff. We are down to a pile in our garage and whatever doesn't fit in the car goes to the thrift store. I took pictures of every single drawer and closet in the condo so I know what I already have. That helped me tremendously figure out what I did and didn't need to bring. Anyway, Techie, your adventures would probably kill me. Glad that you and your wife enjoy that sport together. QW. Our inspection is done and we just have minor repairs thank goodness. Glad Jessie has a good home and will be able to stay in familiar surroundings. Hi to Cowboy and Pauly!!! Hope everyone has a great day

Comment

Jude, sorry to hear that! Glad you're on the mend now.

QW, that was a sad but happy story about Jesse. Knowing she'll be fine when you move, must be such a huge relief!

Techie, I'm with everyone else here! I'd die on a hike like that. Sounds amazing though. That area is incredible!

Waves to everyone! Lots to do here at Casa Academy. Better get going. 24 more!

Comment

QW, It's not so sad really that Jessie did what she did. At this point in time, Jessie has two moms after all. It is wonderful that she will get to stay on her own turf when you move. I think territory is almost as important to dogs as their owners /loved ones are. When you think about it it, that's the same for people except we have loved ones, not owners.

Our poor little cat Pumpkin has been harassed by a raccoon. We have had to stop using the timed continuous feeder we had set up in the barn because the 'coon ripped off the lid and got into its contents. Twice. It attacked and injured poor Pumpkin twice, too. So we had to set a trap. Of course, we caught Pumpkin in the trap on the first go round, :headscratch: But we figured that might happen so we kept a close eye. After that experience, Pumpkin wouldn't go near it. We caught our culprit and he won't be bothering Pumpkin anymore. Farm life.

Everyone have a great af day!
                Last edited by dill; March 25, 2021, 06:02 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Still not 100 percent, but feeling a little better. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good to hear you're on the mend [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

I don't like "doing away" with any wildlife [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] unless they are causing problems. Skunks, raccoons, and pigeons are the exception though!

And speaking of wildlife, I saw a black bear yesterday, first one this year! Seems a tad early for them to be coming out of hibernation, but his hunger must have overruled his need to sleep lol.

Not sure if I mentioned the fil was in the process of getting his teeth pulled and needing dentures, but he had the last of them pulled just before he had to be admitted to hospital. He's been without teeth now for over 2 months and all his food has had to be ground up for him to eat. It's also been 2 months that Bubba has been going to the hospital to feed him his dinner and supper as it sounds like he's not able to feed himself because he's too shaky to handle utensils. He's also pretty much confined to a wheelchair for any long excursions, but they are making him walk with his walker a bit to give his legs some exercise. Anyway, the past couple of weeks they have allowed him out of the hospital for his denturist appointments and he gets his new teeth today! The DATS bus lady said she'd be happy to take him around to the Manor for a short outside visit with the mil to show off his new teeth and the fact that they haven't seen each other in 2 months! I'm going to come back to town early to join the mini reunion!

And another thing, he hasn't got his vaccination yet even though he's 87 and in the hospital! One would think that you'd be able to get vaccinated in the hospital, but Bubba found out it's easier to book him an appointment at one of the drugstores to have it done so she's in the process of doing that now. Sometimes I wonder about our health care system, but grateful that we do have a top-notch one!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; March 25, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Cowboy, Wow about your FIL. I’m sorry he had to go 2 months without teeth. Thats horrible. They have one stop dental clinics where you get your teeth pulled and new ones inserted on the same day. Sounds like he was in the process and the hospitalization interrupted that plan. So glad he is getting them tomorrow! And also that’s ridiculous about not being able to get a shot in the hospital. Everything is so messed up! Dill I hope you catch the culprit soon! Ginger, love the term Casa Academy. Techie hope you are doing better and same for you Jude. Hi Pauly and QW. I’m cleaning my oven today and shampooing carpets for the new owners. Moving is exhausting. Another 24 please

Comment

I have to agree on Pigeons Cowboy, I made the mistake of feeding them some bread in the backyard and now they come through the dog door looking for food, I'll usually come home to one or two pigeons in the kitchen! Jude hope you're feeling better, QW and Rava you both seem to be moving right along with your moves, 5:53 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Isn’t moving fun Rava? Our realtor and I met the home inspector yesterday at the condo we’re buying. No surprises but we’re glad to have a professionals report for reference. The original listing stated a freezer was included except there isn’t one. Our agent asked the listing agent about it and she went online and deleted it from the listing! Then she sent an amendment to our agreement deleting it with no consideration for us, like a price reduction. Frank & Blunt may have to show up later on. Our agent is a good guy and offered to buy us a freezer but why should he be out of pocket because of incompetence of others?
                            Mrs QW had a great idea which we included in our offer - the vendors are required to have the condo professionally cleaned and carpets shampooed before closing. And they agreed to it.

More packing today, movers to book and we have someone coming to buy some furniture.

I’m glad your fil got some dental help Cowboy, and got to see your mil. As our parents age there’s a role reversal where us kids become the care givers. It can be both challenging and rewarding.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad your FIL is getting his dentures and will have a mini reunion with family, ABC! Wow, about his vaccine situation though.

Hoping you see 100% today, Jude! Dill, poor Pumpkin. Those raccoons can be so ornery! Hope he doesn't have family!

Rava and QW, your both on the home stretch now! Whoot whoot!

That's quite a story about the pigeons, Pauly. I had no idea they were so brave. Sounds like our seagulls!

Techie, I'm curious what kind of training you and your wife will do in preparation for your GC hike.

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Quick check in as I’m running late for meeting. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X