Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our possession date of the condo is April 16th but we don’t move until the 21st. Closing on our present house is the 23rd. Between the purchase and moving dates, we’ll move some boxes in order to reduce the cost of the movers. The company we hired for the move is providing a crew of 4 and we pay them an hourly rate.

The cost to repair the differential on the Jeep came to $2,700. While I hate paying out the money, the service staff at the local dealership was great, making a painful experience less painful. I’m hoping Chrysler is going to share in the cost of replacing a defective part, even though it’s out of warranty.

More packing and organizing today after a doctors appointment.

Rava, you can do this! Stay strong.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, you didn't blow anything, you're here working on not drinking, you had a blip that's all,too much time on my hands isn't good for me either, I just try to stay distracted or lose my mind in a movie, if all else fails and I still feel that feeling I go to bed early (well earlier than my early bedtime haha) I'm covided out too! You got one news saying we're doing great, then another news says cases are rising I'm some states including ours yet they want tourists here so I'm confused and just block it out, did see on fb that my hubs niece in upstate NY just got tested positive, she's only 28 though so I'm sure she'll be fine, 6:03 am I won't be drinking today! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...you can do this! I also get into trouble with alcohol when I am bored and without structure in my life. It's one of the reasons that I went back to work part-time. Back on the horse my friend. :llama: (or llama)

Thanks for the video [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. I absolutely love that song, and this was such a wonderful version!
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]... I had some mild reactions from the first vaccine, mostly fatigue and soreness at the injection site. From what I hear, it's the second vaccination that throws people for a loop. We shall see...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Quick check in! Hopefully check back later. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe members & Easter bunny’s. You learned from the slip, Rave. Hugs from me. Move forward with a smile, we all have your back. Worry is a waster emotion. Another 24 fir me. Have a beautiful day. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yikes, I forgot. I will be traveling and not back home till Sunday. If I do not check in, do not worry. I seeing a publisher about a book deal. Love you all!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good luck with the book publisher [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!I

Snowy morning here with a couple of inches on the ground. Welcome April! :snowman:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe, thanks for the encouraging words. AF night last night and I know I can do it again. QW the 16th is also our settlement date. Funny how our circumstances are so alike! We are leaving sunday for FL but the actual possession date is the 16th for our buyer. Freezing cold this morning. It was raining really hard this morning so I let my dog out without a leash and damn if someone walking by with a dog came along. My dog attacked the other dog. Did not hurt it tho. I felt bad. Never again without a leash. My little monster is awful! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just keep coming back [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], we're here to support and help you however we can! You'll find your final Day 1 if you just keep working on it. We need a fenced yard for Hank, he's a bit of a wanderer and very much a "people person" so he'd never stay put lol.

Good luck on the book deal [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good you are right here where you belong, Rava! As far as your monster pet goes, "Dogs will be dogs!" I had a couple of dogs over the years that couldn't behave themselves around other dogs. It happens. Don't worry too much about it. At least there was no real injury.

Hope all goes well with the publisher Techie!

Cold here today. And tonight it is supposed to go well below the freezing mark. I guess it's Nature pulling an April Fool's prank on us. We've been having a nice bit of warmish weather for this time of year. But not tonight! Fingers crossed for the peach and apple blossoms.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I read this the other day and, in the spirit of April Fools Day, thought I’d share, I got so mad at predictive text I told the creator to go to hello

My brother told me the other day that he has an appointment to get his Covid shot. I told him to make sure he wore clean underwear since not everyone gets theirs in the arm.

My bank of 45 years let me down on a request to provide bridge financing for our house purchase. They didn’t say no, but they wanted a 90 day history of investments we own. I told them that it was none of their business and had no bearing on a loan that would be outstanding for 1 week, plus they had other, more than sufficient security. They insisted they had the right to ask. My evil twins, Frank & Blunt, agreed they had the right to ask but I have the right to say no. After the dust settles from the move I will find another bank. Incidentally, the needed funds were secured in less than 15 minutes with a phone call.

Techie, hope the book deal works out! Look forward to learning how it goes.

Have a great af Thursday everyone. I’m off to the liquor store this morning but only to get empty boxes. They’re the best for packing glassware.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Couldn't hit the site this morning so very late check-in for me! Had to take the pup to the vet. Her liver enzymes are elevated. Hoping the new meds will help. 24 more

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. No done deal, but one final meeting tomorrow morning. Speaking of mornings, I could not access this site earlier today. Hope everyone had a good day. Another 24 fir me. Blessings x

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the encouraging words. Doing better no alcohol in the house. Winding down and taking our cable boxes back to cable company today. Its slowly happening. Getting excited about moving and scared all at the same time. That is no excuse to drink. So one day at a time for me. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X