No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this quote last night and thought it might be some positive reinforcement for all of us...

“Popcorn is prepared in the same pot, in the same heat, and in the same oil, yet the kernels do not all pop at the same time. Do not compare yourself to others. Your turn to pop is coming.” - Unknown

5:33am in Alberta, another 24 for me to start the Easter weekend please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 2, 2021, 06:33 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Cowboy. Very true.

I went to the liquor store yesterday and got boxes. I couldn’t help but think how much time and money I wasted there. And I was surprised at how much more my old habit would now cost. Good riddance.

We off loaded a bunch more stuff yesterday and have prospects to sell a few more items, hopefully today.

Have a great af Friday everyone, stay safe!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Friday morning cafe! The sun is out but it's only 26°F. Guess that we can't have everything.

N.Y. passed a law recently legalizing marijuana. I used to smoke a lot in my younger days, but now I worry that it would consume me the same way that alcohol did. Best stay away from the stuff I guess!

24 more please...

Comment

Morning, gang! Next week is spring break for the gkids. Yay! Not sure if I mentioned this but after spring break the younger gkids go back full-time. Keeping my fingers crossed the middle school is right behind them then we can get back to the hard work of retirement!

Hope everyone has an easy day! 24 more....

Comment

I liked that quote, Cowboy! What a great way to look at things!

Our 2012 Chevy Volt refused to get in gear the other day. We had to have it towed from our garage to the local Chevy dealer. As some of you may know, the Volt has been discontinued, so parts are a problem and may be a long time coming and the estimate came to $2500. Yiiiikes!
            We are going to fix it but mostly so we will have a trade-in when we go get a new vehicle. I was SO disappointed when Chevy made that decision. We have loved our Volt.

Well, onward and upward and af-ward! 24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & Volt lovers. Thanks to ABC. Sending a HUGE virtual hug to Rava. The kind of hug that provides strength and sends the message that you can do anything you set an intention for. Have a wonderful day wherever you are. Hope the care repair will benefit you in the end, Dill. Another 24 hours of bliss for me. Blessings for all on this Good Friday. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

[B]Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink![/B
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning y'all! My browser didn't want me logging in here this morning, something about the site losing some sort of security certification, but figured since I didn't do any banking from my Acer, I could sneak in and post. I love living on the edge lol.

Comment

Same here, ABC. Looks like their security certificate has expired so not staying long! 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & internet illegal traffickers. Yes, disturbing messages indeed. I hope the admin posts an explanation. I hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another 24 hours, guess only 12 needed now as the site was down through the day. Glad it’s up and running again.

Looking forward to brekkie tomorrow Cowboy!

Have a great night everyone, stay safe.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I couldn't log on yesterday, but I'm here today asking for 24 more. Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

I won't do roll call today as the site was down yesterday, but I'm sure y'all were trying to be here!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Happy Easter y'all! Breakfast is served!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And, another awesome Sunday brekkie Cowboy!

More packing today. Our neighbour is taking my workbench, three shelving units and a rolling tool kit. Most of these items he will give to his brother who is recovering from alcohol and drug abuse. This young man is doing well in his recovery and hopefully his self esteem gets a boost from not having to borrow tools from his brother. I couldn’t think of a better place for them to go.

I don’t recall if I mentioned I sold my firearms the other day. We don’t really have room in the condo for the gun safe anyway. Cowboy, the stories you share of hunting with Adam will be enjoyed even more in the future.

I took Jessie for a walk yesterday and will again today since I won’t have many more opportunities. I’m going to miss that.

What I don’t miss is the crap associated with drinking! Have a great af Sunday everyone!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X