Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, it is the start of a new journey. That’s the way we’re looking at our move. I’m looking forward to being able to just lock the door and go on a trip, once Covid permits. And as Jude noted, having pleasant distractions to take ones mind off of Covid and other troubles is like a much needed tonic.

I called the company who does the servicing of our AC and furnace, hoping to get it done before we move. They had a cancellation yesterday afternoon and were able to do the job. We’ve had nothing but excellent service from this company for the past 7 years and will miss dealing with them.

Guess what I’m doing today? Packing? Yup. Better get going.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and smoke alarmists. My dog is terrified of the smoke alarms. I think that sound frequency hurts their ears. In our great room we have 25 foot ceilings. We call the fire department when those need battery replacement. I have an extension ladder but I get severe vertigo over 10-15 feet. Funny for a guy who repelled from helicopters in the military. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sketchy wifi. Last time I'm going to try and post. 24 more!

Comment

Rava I am so happy for you and your new chapter!

Late check in here. 24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! I'm in for another 24...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I would imagine you're home by now [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and it'll be home now, not just the condo! Another one of life's many changes, but a good one I bet!

Your move date is coming up quickly as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Do you think you'll venture back to the old neighborhood from time to time to visit Jessie?

Great pic [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], wish I was there!

Our Covid numbers have been increasing rapidly because of the variants (and Covidiots) so the government took a step back in the re-opening plans and have re-implemented some restrictions. No more singing here [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and Churches are now back to 15% capacity as are retail stores.

It's been a pretty good spring so far, no real heavy spring snowfall and the fields are drying up nicely! If things stay the way they are I'm going to bet we'll get seeding season started early! I can see us getting underway around the 20th or 21st. I am so looking forward to getting back into the tractor and enjoying the sights and sounds of country living [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We take possession of our new residence April 16th but don’t move until the 21st. One of the things we’ve enjoyed most about small town life is the many small businesses that we’ve dealt with. Since we’ll only be 45 minutes away, we plan to continue dealing with our pharmacy, doctor, dentist, barber and butcher. And of course while we’re visiting, we’ll try to see Jessie. Even though we know she’s going to a great home where she’ll be very well looked after, it’ll be tough to give her up. She’ll go to her new family a few days before we move.

Another day of move related activity. Yay.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that's bitter sweet about Jesse.

ABC, the Palouse is mostly dry land wheat. Thought about you yesterday as we drove along miles and miles of wheat country.

I'll take 24 more!

Comment

I read this and thought it share-worthy.

Forgive your younger self. Believe in your current self. Create your future self I don’t know who wrote this but it seems appropriate for those of us here.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends, movers, and shakers. I decided six years ago that I wouldn’t move again. I have moved eight times in the past thirty years. Five of those corporate relocations, so little control by choice. However, we have decided to look at homes in Monterey to be near the ocean. Both Mrs T and I grew up on the water. The biggest issue at the moment is cost. The good news is the home we’re in has increased in value by $300k. So, we shall see if this is doable. In other news, the publisher I met with gave me the green light. This is exciting news and will produce seed money for moving. I am truly grateful and blessed.

I wish everyone the best day possible. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Super late check in for me today.

Techie, that is fantastic news about the publisher!! Congrats!

24 more
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Congratulations!
                            [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] I didn't realize that you would still be so close to your old neighborhood. One of the things that I hated about moving was having to change doctors. Plus, you can still visit Jessie now and then!

I bet you're itching to get out on the tractor again [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Even though the days are long, you seem to really enjoy it!

It's going to be a beautiful day here, and I'm committed to another booze free 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, congrats and good look looking for a home near the water. The way the housing market is right now is absolutely crazy. Who would think you could even sell a home during a pandemic? Nothing makes sense to me! Ginger, beautiful waterfall picture! QW love the quote. I’m keeping that one. Hope everyone has a great day. We are slowly getting settled and putting stuff away. Luckily we brought so little that there will be room for everything here. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Looks like we are in for a little rain today. We need it tho. It's been a pretty dry Spring so far.

I'm thinking it will be a really good day not to drink.

24 more please.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X