No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:32am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], the Café does seem full of movers lol. And congrats on the book deal!

We were supposed to get rain overnight [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but it's dry as a bone out there. A dry spring here as well that should make for us getting in the field early this year and have more acres to seed as not as many water holes! I do love working in the field [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I do my best thinking behind the wheel of a tractor!

I'm typing one-handed this morning, at least it's with my left hand lol. I was in the garden shed yesterday afternoon looking for the "roto rake" bar for the lawnmower as it's almost time for spring yard work. When I was getting out, I tripped over the pull rope on the lawnmower and fell forward out the door onto to concrete pad. Naturally I put my hands out to break my fall and sprained my right wrist really bad. Very little sleep last night because of pain and almost headed for the hospital at 3am because I was thinking maybe it was broken. It was more painful than when I cut the same arm 3 years ago! Bubba saved the anti-swelling glove and sleeve from that time, so she put in on, I took some Advil, and managed to get a couple of hours sleep after that. I'll monitor the pain level and range of movement throughout the day and head for x-rays if it doesn't improve throughout the day.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yikes Cowboy! Hope it's not broken yes definitely keep an eye on it, you guys won't see me moving anytime soon all throughout my life I've moved, my mom used to move from house to house in our tiny town all through my childhood not sure if she was restless or skipping out on rent haha, then I got married and we moved-alot Idaho,UT,Nevada,Cali then back to Nv then back to Cali at least 8 times so yeah I'm over it this is the longest I've lived on the same street In my whole entire life,they want me back at the salon a few days a week,makes me wanna puke but maybe,it's gonna start getting hot here and it was so hard to keep things temp controlled to deliver,also with more people vaccinated they might just wanna do their own shopping so biz might slow down who knows, anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day, Cowboy keep us posted on the arm
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, congrats on the book deal! I hope the house hunting goes well. Nothing like living on/close to water. We miss living in eastern Ontario as Lake Ontario was only a few minutes from home. I loved boating on the many bays and rivers but never ventured onto the big water.
          This move for us will be number 18 in 46 years of marriage. And with every move I say it’ll be the last.

Sorry you sprained your wrist Cowboy. Sometimes a sprain is worse than a break. Has it really been 3 years since you had that nasty cut on your arm?

We got a call from our pharmacy yesterday and we have appointments tomorrow afternoon for our first Covid shot. It’ll be nice to have that looked after. My brother and sister in law got their shots this week. My brother is gullible and when I suggested he make sure to wear clean underwear because not everyone gets the shot in the arm, he believed me at first but then checked with their pharmacy. Apparently I’m a smart ass! Who knew?

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, congrats on the book deal and looking for a Monterey home!

ABC, sorry about your wrist. Please go get an x-ray just to be certain it's not fractured.

Headed home today. It's been a great trip and Pearl has been fine. She may just be a traveling cat!

Happy AF Thursday to all. 24 more!

Comment

I could use prayers today for my mom. She had a stroke last night. I’ve been up all night taking with medical personnel and family members across the country. I want to see her. She is in a skilled nursing facility. The staff told me I can’t see her due to California COVID. I’m not giving up. Thanks in advance for your prayers. FYI, there is nothing in this world that will cause me to drink. Not this. Nothing. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm so sorry about your Mom [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Prayers sent that she can recover from this. I hope that they will make a exception to the rule and let you visit her!
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] you might want to see a doctor about your wrist. Hopefully, it's not broken!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, I’m so sorry about your mom. I hope you can work around the rules and see your mom. There has got to be a way..... Cowboy hope that wrist is not broken. An X-ray today could definitely clarify it for you if you are still having trouble with mobility. Good luck!! Hope everyone has a great day today. We cooked hotdogs on the beach last night and enjoyed the sunset. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Thoughts and prayers sent your way [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Hopefully your mom is on the mend today although I know you never fully recover from a stroke...

It's amazing what 24 hours can do! Yesterday I could barely move my wrist because of the pain, this morning I'd say I'm about 75% back to my 85% normal use lol. Doesn't appear to be anything wrong other than a sprain, but will still take it easy on the wrist today. It is hard to believe it was 3 years ago this summer that I cut my arm [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the time goes by so fast these days. It's funny [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] that when I couldn't sleep the other night the only thing I worried about was not being able to help with seeding if my wrist was broken and needed a cast lol.

It doesn't matter how how old we get [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hot dogs cooked on the beach is still a gourmet meal!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; April 9, 2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, I’m glad your Mom is in a facility where she’s getting skilled care. Caring for aging parents is both a challenge and a privilege and Covid restrictions don’t make things easier. I hope you and other family members are able to see her soon. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Glad your wrist is showing signs of improvement Cowboy. I’m guessing you don’t handle down time well. Hope it doesn’t interfere with seeding!

Rava, hot dogs on the beach sounds wonderful. When we lived near Jasper National Park, on Sunday evenings as the tourists were heading home, we’d pack the portable grill, canoe, and go to Pyramid Lake where we’d barbecue hot dogs and enjoy the scenery, the wildlife and the quiet. Good times that our kids fondly remember.

Looking forward to getting our vaccines this afternoon.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, sending thoughts and prayers for your Mom. Hoping you can see her.

24 more!!

Comment

Thanks all. Will check in later today.
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Back again. I was able visit my mom. It was very difficult to see her so debilitated. I decided to have her moved to hospice. Thanks again for your support and prayers. Another 24 for me. Blessings x

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X