~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning all. Techie, I am so sorry to hear about your mom's stroke. Prayers coming her way.

Cowboy, I'm glad you are healing quickly from your fall. I was thinking about your pull starter and how it has been so long since I have seen one of those!

I am ashamed to say that I fell off the wagon hard yesterday. There is never a good reason but there's always an excuse. I took my gf to an appointment yesterday with a radiologist. She is so frightened and overwhelmed. I guess it just got to me. I'm going to have to get myself back together because this is going to be a regular event for a while for her her and for me. It's just so hard to see her going through this, but it is certainly no reason to drink. I truly regret.

24 today. I hope you all have the same.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Dill you came right back and that is the important thing. You know you do not want to ever return to your old life so stay with us and we will be your support. Don’t beat yourself up. As they say Shit Happens! You know exactly what you have to do and I know you will do the right thing. Techie, glad you got your mom moved to hospice. I have had experience with them when my late husband had cancer. They are an amazing team. Cowboy, glad your wrist is better but don’t push it! Hope everyone has a great day today. Spent most of yesterday trying to find new doctors. What a nightmare. I guess because of Covid hardly anyone is taking new patients. UGH. Will work on it again on Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, as Rava so correctly pointed out - shit happens. And you’re here in the Cafe with friends. We support each other, we celebrate with each other, we’re here for each other.

Techie, thinking of you. Making the decision to move your Mom must have been a difficult one but the folks who work in hospice are amazing in how they care for their patients. When my Mom was in hospice I asked one of the staff how can they do what must be a very stressful job. He replied that we receive care when we’re born, throughout our lives and he said it was an honour to be able to care for a person at the end of their lives. Special folks they are! Your Mom will be well cared for.

Another busy day ahead. Our accountant is picking up our income tax papers this morning, we’ve sold our gas grill and some patio furniture to a friend who is picking it up and there’s something else on my to do list...... oh yeah. Packing. Good thing I don’t drink because I haven’t got time!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Geez [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], tough times for your family. Every experience that I've had with hospice has been a positive one. Prayers that they can keep your Mom as comfortable as possible.

Glad that your wrist is feeling better [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I know that you'd hate to miss the seeding!
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I've never been able to figure out whether it's stressful situations that have caused me to relapse, or if I'm just using that stress as an excuse to drink. For me anyway, I suspect that it's the latter. That darn voice is so sneaky, but you know what to do. We're here for you!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Techie, so glad you got to see your Mom and got to move her to hospice. They were wonderful with my Mom. Thinking of you and your family. Sending prayers.

Dill, you're right back here! That's what matters.

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Thank you for your kindness and support. Life is certainly challenging and emotionally draining at times. I am so very grateful to have MWO and so many virtual friends that support and care for another. Being able to share freely and without judgement is a precious aspect of being here. Your words move me and renew my faith that folks are basically good and loving. I have lots to do today, so another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day and thanks again. With gratitude. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good Sunday morning cafe! The peepers (tree frogs) are out in full force, and their singing is so peaceful. Always a sure sign that Spring is here. Something to be grateful for.

24 more for me please...

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Something simple for breakfast this morning...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much more I can add to what's already been said [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but we all know exactly what you're going through. I'm not always sure that we need an excuse to drink, it's just because we're alcoholics and sometimes we think it's the only way we can cope with a situation. It's not like every situation we say to ourselves, "yes, this is a situation I can drink over" or that we wonder each day if something will happen that drinking will be the only way to get through it. We're alcoholics, we use drinking to cope, it's that simple. Until we find something else to help us cope, we'll turn to alcohol.

I have to give you guys credit! Ya, you slipped, but you came right back. I know that wouldn't happen for me. I've thought a lot about drinking this past year, not because I figured it was a good enough excuse to drink, but just to drink away my problems for one day, then tackle them the next day. But I know deep down that wouldn't happen. I would be right back to where I was, drinking every day. So no matter what happens, I can't ever pick up that first one. I have to get through the day and hope tomorrow will be better...

Anyway, enough on that subject. Got lots of yard work done yesterday and it's a good thing as we woke up this morning to snow! Not much, but enough to make everything white. But the grass should turn nice and green after the power raking we did yesterday and the moisture we got last night!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; April 11, 2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy! Bacon & eggs is comfort food in our house.

I had a very productive day yesterday as far as downsizing and packing is concerned and need a few more before the actual move date. The aches and pains I have this morning aren’t too bad.

Thanks for the reminder Cowboy that we are in fact alcoholics and that we will always be tempted to drink. One day at a time is the best way, I think, to keep the beast at bay. At least, that’s what works for me. And we know that just one drink can bring us right back to where we don’t want to be.
                        I gave up cigarettes in 1984 yet I still consider myself a smoker. I believe that if I had one cigarette, I’d go to the store and buy a carton. Same applies with booze. I will always be an alcoholic but I DON’T DRINK!

Techie, hope your Mom is comfortable and hope you’re at peace with the decision to move her to hospice. Stay strong!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope everyone has an easy, peaceful day. I'll take 24!!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind encouragements. Yesterday was a horrible waste of a day. I felt like a zombie pretty much. One of the Walking Dead. But today holds much more promise and I will not jump back into the bottle. I think bottom line is, I wanted to block out the worries and anxiety and alcohol is the quickest way to go about that. But for me, it's also the stupidest. I tell myself at the outset that I am just going to take the edge off. But I know that I am lying to myself. Unfortunately I gave into the lie.

Not today.

Jude, I have not heard the American Toads singing yet this year. But I did hear a peeper the other day. But just one! I thought that was odd. Maybe it's just a tad bit early here for them.

I'm grateful for yesterday's 24 and hoping for 24 more for all of us today, please. QW, you're so right about the ODAAT being the best way.
                              Last edited by dill; April 11, 2021, 10:27 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Hugs and loving support to you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Another 24 for me. Tough day here for me, but I have been through worse. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X