Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off to sign papers at our lawyers this morning and of course, pay for the condo. We’re both having sleepless nights thinking about everything that remains to be done. You’re right Cowboy, we’ll have lots of time to unpack. My worry is that even with the downsizing we’re doing, we’ll still have too much stuff for the condo. We take possession on Friday and don’t physically move until next Wednesday so we’ll have time to figure out what goes where. And we have plans to get rid of things that don’t sell. We’re not in bad shape but tell that to my brain! Sure glad I don’t drink.

I spoke with Chrysler yesterday about having had to replace the rear differential in my Jeep, a $2,750 expense. It seems they’ve approved reimbursement, not sure if for the entire amount or not, but the cheque is being processed. Any amount will be welcome because, technically, they don’t have to pay anything since the warranty period is over.

Techie, huge congrats on 11 years! Well done!!!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Look forward to seeing Big Al in the Cafe!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; April 13, 2021, 09:17 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Greetings, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! You've come to the right place. All you need to do is get through the next 24. Don't look any further than that. Stay close and visit the toolbox. Some good stuff there!

Pauly, hope going back doesn't steal your joy! But I know you have to do what you have to do and you'll do it! Over the years I've witnessed your determination, time and time again!

Techie, did you mean your Mom is the "same"? In any case continued thoughts and prayers for all of you.

I'm going for 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & new members. Welcome BIG Al. It is still amazing to me that today marks 11 years of sobriety. I do not take that for granted. So, with a great deal of gratitude I’m saying another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
          Greetings, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! You've come to the right place. All you need to do is get through the next 24. Don't look any further than that. Stay close and visit the toolbox. Some good stuff there!

Pauly, hope going back doesn't steal your joy! But I know you have to do what you have to do and you'll do it! Over the years I've witnessed your determination, time and time again!

Techie, did you mean your Mom is the "same"? In any case continued thoughts and prayers for all of you.

I'm going for 24 more!!
          Yes, she is the same. No significant change. Thanks x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome and support everybody. It's good to be among friends. Today is day 2. I feel pretty good today, but I know that tomorrow is going to be the hard one based on past experience. But, like you all have said, one day at a time.

Sign me up for another 24 please.

Comment

Big congrats, Techie! Amazing!

And congrats to you as well BigAl. Glad you got that day one under your belt!!

I'm checking in late, but everything's great. 24 more...
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Think positive [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! If you have it in your head that day 3 will be bad, then it will be! Hopefully, this time it will be easier!

Congratulations [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on 11 years!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You own today [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], it's yours, take it and make it what you want!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
                      ~Zig Ziglar

Today will be a nice day for gardening I think. I need the exercise and there's a lot around here that needs doing. Yesterday we mowed the lawn, so mowing season has officially begun for us!

24 more today!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and congrats on 11 years Techie. Thats huge!!! Hi. Big Al, thinking of you and know you got this!! One day at a time. QW once your downsize you can downsize again from your condo load. Thats what we did. Double downsizing. It feels great to have less “stuff”. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We signed all the papers to buy the condo yesterday. Turns out a new employee made a mistake in calculating the amount required to complete the purchase by about $400. The drinking me would not have handled this with as much understanding as the current me. I told her boss that I have an eraser on the end of my pencil too. And I told the young lady who made the mistake that Ray Kroc, the person who made McDonalds, had lots of sayings including If you’re green, you’re growing.

Today is moving day for Jessie. It’s going to be tougher on us than her since she’s already so comfortable with her new family. Going with her is her kennel, 3 beds, leash, food bowls and a full bag of kibble. After breakfast I’ll take her for one last walk.

Has anyone who has had the Covid vaccine experienced flu like side effects? Mrs QW’s immune system is already compromised and she’s really been suffering. Hope it doesn’t last too long.

More packing and taking stuff to the recycle depot is in my future.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, sorry about letting Jessie go. It will get easier over time but you know that. I've known several people that have reacted to the vaccine like Mrs. QW. Some still feel funky after a few weeks. One even got covid after. It's all over the board! Hope she feels better soon. Sending healing thoughts her way.

Wowza! Congrats, Techie on 11 years of freedom. Still sending prayers your Mom's way.

Day 3, Big Al! You got this. Just remember how good you'll feel tomorrow morning when you beat that beast another 24 hours.

Enjoy the spring weather everyone (that's experiencing it)! I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and newbies. Wishing you a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] you are absolutely correct. That kind of pattern of thinking drives some of my undesirable behaviors. Today is just a day to not drink. Period.

By the same token [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I am going to own it. No drinking today.

So please sign me up for another 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X