~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend 6;02 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today hope everyone has a wonderful AF Monday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Big Al, great job for getting that first week behind you. Stay close and and alert. That damn beast is always lurking but you've got this!

Pauly, how was the salon?

QW, that's a little bitter sweet about Jessie. I know you're relieved she's in a great place.

Good luck today, Techie! Jude, you too. Hoping the second vaccine is a breeze!

Well, it's a school day here so best get going! I'll gladly take 24 more.

Comment

It sounds like Jessie has had the best ever transition, thanks to you QW. She is a lucky dog. I hope your transition goes just as well!

Techie, I take it your allergies are not to grass! Hope the tournament was fun.

Huge congrats to you BigAl!!! :sohappy:

Jude you will be fine. So happy for you getting your vaccines! I had the Moderna shot and the second one didn't give me any more problems than the first. Well, except for more tenderness at the injection site than the first time and it lingered much longer.

24 more for all of us here and anyone else who wants it, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; April 19, 2021, 08:47 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Well, so far no reaction to the second jab, other than some soreness at the injection site. Thankful for that!

I'll take another 24 please...

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jude, glad your second jab was uneventful, my daughter's boyfriend got sick off the first and wasn't gonna go back for the second but he did and only had a slight fever, Ginger, it's the same as it was when I left, one thing I've noticed is that people just se angrier, not only there but just in general wonder if it's covid wear out, long term effects of having covid or just the unrest and anger in the U.S right now who knows anyhoo waves to the gang and another 24 hope everyone enjoys their day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m sore and tired after a long day of packing and moving. I took a load of fragile things plus our freezer contents to the condo yesterday and as a result of moving some heavy boxes, am paying the price today with lots of aches and pains.

I think you’re spot on Pauly - people are tired of everything Covid related. We’re seeing increasing numbers in new cases, variants especially, and more and more people are violating public health orders. It’s looking likely that I’ll miss my sister’s 60th birthday and my brother and sister in law’s 50th wedding anniversary as interprovincial travel, unless absolutely necessary, is banned.

Back to packing. I have the Jeep loaded with stuff to go to the thrift store and will probably have a second trip later on today.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Bummer, Pauly. Kinda figured but was hoping.

You're on the home stretch now, QW. Sorry you won't be able to attend those two big family celebrations. Another bummer.

Jude, glad to hear that second vaccine hasn't caused you problems so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Waves to everyone! 24 more for me!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Exhausted today. Played 27 holes of golf. I wasn’t used to playing in 82 degree temps. Busy today. Hugs to all. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me today. Better late than never...

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Eight days behind me and working on day nine. A great day to not drink.

24 more for me please.

Comment

That's great [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] on 9 days! I hope that you are enjoying "hangover free" days. It's a wonderful motivator!
                          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] ...Sorry to hear that things haven't changed at work. Have you thought of trying your hand at doing something different? There are lots of online training that might enable you to change careers altogether. Just a thought...

Hang in there QW! Your almost at the finish line!

Hope that everyone has a great day!

No booze for me today!

Comment

That's awesome, BigAl!!

We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning, with 3 inches of snow on the ground. It will all be gone by the end of the day tho. Thank goodness!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're doing great [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], double digits and beyond today!

We're supposed to get snow tonight as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], not sure how much though. I don't mind a spring winter wonderland as it makes everything look so fresh and usually doesn't last for long. It's the freezing temps I don't like, especially when things are starting to bud out.

27 holes is a lot of golf [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I think my best was 36, on 2 different courses in the same day!

Won't be long till you're in your new digs [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], then the pace can slow to your liking...

At least it's only 2 days a week [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and you sound like it wasn't too hard for you. Lately I've been thinking a lot on retiring, so many things in my trade are hard on my body. But there are some things that I really enjoy doing, and some customers that I enjoy working for. So I'm just going to be a bit more selective on how much I work, the type of work that I do, and who I do it for.

Bubba and I decided that we'll go in for our shots after seeding is done unless there's circumstances that require us to go early. Heaven forbid if we're "forced" to get vaccinated!

Comment

Working...
                                X