No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope the move went smoothly [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! How many times are you going the change things in the kitchen cabinets and drawers till they are the way you like them lol. I know that's the hardest place for me to arrange things!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Friday Cafe! Dill, I got the. Moderna shot. Not sure what good it is if we still have to mask up and sit outside. I have about had it with covid. Anyway, we are heading to Orlando for the weekend to see some of our grandkids. I found a kennel for our dog which is cage less. Hopefully he will behave himself. We are heading out this morning until Sunday. I will check in tomorrow. And. Big Al, I’m so proud of you for being able to get the cheap wine. Even tho I’m on this website sometimes that damned liquor store draws me in for a bottle to drink even tho I know better. It’s like something takes over my body and thoughts and I act stupid. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The move went as well as could be expected. We had a fabulous crew to do the heavy lifting. Of the 4 man crew, 2 have 11 years working together and the other 2 joined them 5 years ago, all with the same moving company. Yesterday we had TV and internet connected.
          This was the last move where we’ll pack our own things because it’s too much work, especially difficult for Mrs QW, and far too stressful.

Big Al, Cowboy and others have very well described the essence of the Cafe. We may not have met but I consider my friends here to be true friends.

I know I was whinging (Australian for wining) about packing. I’ll try not to complain about unpacking!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Big Al, oooohhhh now I get it! ;-)

Our neighbors are snowbirds too so I went over to see how they were, only to find out he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in March. If he's lucky he'll have a year. He's only 68. My heart breaks for him, his wife and family. :,(

24 more......

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and expert packers. Gorgeous day here in The Sierras. We have family coming next week. Plans are golfing, pool, then dinner, or what I call solar aquatic therapy. We will hike in Yosemite on Sunday. So, excitement level is high in Casa Techie. Very happy move went well, QW. I know from experience how daunting moving can be. We moved here in 2013 after eight previous moves. Wishing all you a wonderful blessed day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I sure am glad you have the move behind you now, QW! I hope unpacking isn't too stressful.

I'm so sick of covid.

But, today will surely be a great day to not drink! 24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working on day 12 today. I had to do a little math to figure out what day I was on. I take that as a good sign.

I hope everyone's Friday is treating them well. Eight hour virtual meeting for me today. Not quite over yet, but getting close.

A great day to not drink, and 24 more please.

Comment

Your doing great [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Keep it up! So glad that the moving is going well QW! It won't be long before you're all settled in!
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I too wonder if we'll ever get back to normal after covid. I can remember a time when seeing someone wearing a mask in public was not the norm. My first thought was to steer far away from them thinking that maybe they had Ebola! How much things have changed in a years time.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Having a nice time away with the family this weekend. Ginger, I’m sorry about your neighbor. My late husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer but survived 3 years. Of course he was in his 40’s tho. Such a horrible cancer. I can’t even go there. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I hate cancer! Sorry for your loss Rava and sorry about your friend Ginger, you'd figure by now with all the research they'd be able to cure all cancers but sadly no, 5:38 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The sale of our old house went through yesterday so we are back to owning just one. There was a last minute snag which was averted because we agreed to pay half of the cost of title insurance. Fortunately it was only $150 and while it ticked me off, it was worth the expense to get the deal done.

We hope to arrange a socially distant, mask wearing, get together with our family this weekend. Sadly we can’t have them visit in our new home thanks to Covid.

With Covid dominating what goes on in medical care these days, we are reminded that other hideous diseases, like cancer, aren’t taking a break. A young lady (30’s) who was in our sons wedding party 2 years ago was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. She spent much of the following year in hospital and with excellent care and aggressive drug treatments, is now fully in remission.
                            Rava, sorry for your loss. Losing a spouse is never easy, especially at such a young age. Ginger, hope your friend gets the best care possible and is as pain free as possible. F Cancer!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Enjoy your Saturday everyone! 24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Got more bad cancer news yesterday. Ugh.... my wonderful bil was diagnosed with lymphoma. He's 77 and in great health. No bad habits. Won't know the stage until he gets into the oncologist. If he hadn't had the covid vaccine and a sore arm, he might have missed the swollen lumps in his armpit. He was rubbing the soreness in his arm and happened upon them. His doc blew him off said nothing to worry about but bil insisted on a biopsy. Wonder if that doc feels bad about that?

Rava, I didn't realize how young your late husband was. Sorry you had to go through that at all but especially at such a young age. Hugs dear lady.

Pearl kitty brought a tick to bed last night and it was crawling on my face. That was the last of my sleep!! Creepy little creatures. :~(

24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X