Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast is ready!

​​​​​​​
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yum! Thanks, ABC. Hope everyone has an easy day
      I'll take another!

Comment

Ginger, my granddaughter is going to be 13 next month! Hard to believe. Where does the time go?

We had a good hard rain this morning. We sure needed it and I'm hoping we get more. It's been so dry and hot.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
          We got 7 crabs and steamed them.
          Nice! I love crab. I remember at my previous job our boss would take us out for all you can eat King Crab once a year, soooooooooo good.

It's been a while but had a really intense craving for Al today. I was feeling pretty lousy, and I guess in days of yore, booze was most often the thing I'd turn to (chug a bunch of booze and suddenly you go from feeling lousy to feeling pretty great, at least for a short time). Anyways, just have to tough it out... Not Today.

P.S. How about them Oilers abcowboy ? Game 7 in the Finals, a chance for a historic comeback, doesn't get much bigger than that. I'll have my eyes pealed tomorrow that's for sure!

Last edited by Mulburry; June 23, 2024, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Hang in there Mulburry, I know how intense those cravings are, but they usually pass in awhile.

It's a beautiful morning here with much lower temperatures and humidity. What a relief...

24 more for all of us please...
            ​​​​​

Comment

Cunning, Baffling and Powerful.

Hang in there, Mulburry.

Finally some cool air here overnight. It felt so refreshing!

Thanks for breakfast yesterday, Cowboy.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the great breakfast yesterday. Mul, I am still fighting the cravings every night. It’s not an easy thing. How do we go from enjoying a cocktail or two to wanting to drink until we black out. I just don't understand how the progression works. It makes no sense. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day with minimal cravings. 24 more please.

Comment

Those drinking urges will hit you every now and again Mulburry, sometimes for no reason at all. Just tough through it and they'll go away. It's hard to believe the Oilers battled their way back and forced a game 7! Adam and I were supposed to be heading to the lake this morning to start building the cabin today and tomorrow, but he postponed it till Friday so that we could be home to watch the game tonight.

Comment

ABC, I love to see progress pictures as the cabin building goes along. I love construction! It's in my blood.

Dill, 13 jeez! Crazy how fast they grow up. It's so wonderful that she still wants to hang out with you. I love that so much. I found as my grands got to be teenagers, their visits dropped off. It made me a little sad but life marchs on! Now I have wee greats to spoil. Lol

Off to drop the 5th wheel to get that slide out fixed! I'm ready for a camping adventure! I'm also ready for another day.

Comment

Yes, those cravings are sure tough to resist at times, but all it takes is one drink to make our lives spiral out of control. It never ceases to amaze me how much our thoughts control our actions if we let them. You are right dill; alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful, and we always have to keep that in mind.

On that note, I'm in for another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

Good morning Cafe and wishing everyone a great day.

Comment

Yes Ginger, the time spent with them does drop off as they get older. It is a real treat when she comes. I helped my grandson get through his online drivers training course and road shot gun with him when he was practice driving. That was the last time I got to be significantly involved with him, time-wise. They do grow up and away, as they should do. We must soldier on!

'Tis the season to be drowning in cucumbers and summer squash! Anybody need some?

Dill

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'll definitely be taking pics Ginger, so I'll post some of them as we progress. It's actually a "tiny house" package so at least all the walls were prebuilt in sections so that will save us time.

Comment

Working...
                                X