No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABC, a tiny house kit! I love it already. Can you share the link where it was purchased? I'm thinking of doing one on our property for my own she shed. Thanks!

Dill, you are so right. All kids need to spread their wings and fly. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm in for another!

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
      How do we go from enjoying a cocktail or two to wanting to drink until we black out. I just don't understand how the progression works.
      I don't think I ever had that progression to be honest. From my first drunk when I was 17, I always liked to get loaded, not necessarily black-out drunk but a real good buzz. I more learned to temper that a bit later, but also not really (I'd be able to temper it on weekdays but then still get wasted on weekends, for example). My progression was more to slowly making it a daily habit (on and off at first), and developing a physical dependence, that was a long and dangerous progression. But ya, why some people have that urge to get loaded and others just are fine with a few (or don't even enjoy drinking) is a tough nut to crack, probably partly genetics combined with other factors. For me personally I can recognize that I have an addictive personality for sure, I've always liked getting messed up (on various substances) and have had a life long struggle with food/obesity as well, that I've only recently been able to temper. So in the end something as destructive and horrible as alcohol (for me at least), it's just better to stay away completely.

P.S. Such a shame about the Oilers, so close, kind of tragic really. That being said, It was a hell of a run, just coming back from down 3 was a monumental feet in itself. And for a more neutral (or band wagon fan) like myself, it at least still made for one of the most interesting Finals in years.​
      Last edited by Mulburry; June 25, 2024, 09:32 PM.

Comment

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Our little town has erected a veteran's memorial in the community park. Mr. D and I went on Memorial Day weekend to the grand opening. It was a nice little ceremony with a ribbon cutting, brass band and public officials giving speeches and such. Community members are invited to purchase bricks and have them engraved to honor their vets. We had 4 bricks made for family members. Mr. D's dad served in the Navy in WWII, my dad in the Army in WWII and Korea, Mr. D's cousin was in the infantry in Vietnam and our son served in Iraq. The pavers are supposed to be completed and installed by Veteran's Day. It will be fun to surprise our son.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, what a nice tribute and I am sure you son will be surprised. Great community idea to honor those who served. Mul, thanks for the words. It is a progression that is sneaky and deadly if not stopped. I hate the fact that alcohol is such a part of life. I love the tiny house Cowboy and cant wait to see pictures. I love my tiny house. It’s a little hard to keep clutter free because it’s so small but in reality it’s easy to keep. Hope everyone has a great and sober day!

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think that's a fantastic gift for your son dill, a great way to recognize and thank those who served for their country!

It was a heartbreaking loss for the Oilers and their fans Mulburry, but at least it was a great series to watch anyway.

I'll see if I can find a link to the floor plan Ginger, or ask Adam if there is one.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well that didn't take long at all lol Craik Home Plan | Nelson Homes (nlc.ca)

Comment

Thanks for the link, ABC! There's a dealer here in town. If I may, what did that package cost? It's perfect for what I need.

Dill, what a lovely tribute to your family that served.

Mul, you are a wise young man. Thank you for sharing more of your story.

Hoping we all have an easy day!

Comment

Dill, what a great tribute to veterans, and I'm sure that your son will love it.

We put up a hummingbird feeder the other day, and I can't believe how many birds we have seen! I've noticed that hummingbirds can be quite mean to each other. The other day there was a hummingbird perched at the feeder when another one dive bombed him and knocked him right off his perch. Talk about rude.

Making plans for our beach trip next month can't wait to see my sisters again.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning. Love the house plan Cowboy. Thanks for sharing. Our tiny house is a bit bigger but not by much. Such an easy thing to take care of. We had some really bad thunderstorms last night but really needed the rain. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please!

Comment

We extended our beach trip to two weeks next month. We just decided, why not? That's why we did zeroscape so we could leave and not worry about watering!

Not much happening around here. We are taking the truck in for regular scheduled maintenance. $3,000! I decided to skip my 50th reunion. It's been stressing me out and I decided when something stresses me, I'm not doing it. So there you go!

I'll take another!

Comment

Ginger, I think you are right not to go to your 50th if it is causing you anxiety. I went to mine but it is the only one I ever went to and I will never go to another. It was nice to see some old friends, 2 in particular that I spent quite a bit of time with. But beyond that, it wasn't worth the time.

Love the floor plan, Cowboy! it looks perfect!

Rava your little home is just perfect for your purposes. I'm so glad you and Mr. R found such a perfect solution.

Bet you are getting excited as your beach getaway draws nearer, Jude.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I have never gone to any of my reunions as it would definitely stress me out. I was very quiet and shy in high school, and I'm still in touch with a few of my classmates, so I never felt the need to go to the reunions.

Ginger, 2 weeks at the beach would be awesome. I'm so looking forward to the beach trip with my sisters, just wish that it could be longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X