No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up to a nice, breezy morning. The air is so fresh and lovely!

Our refrigerator is acting up and we had to order a new one. We debated on trying to diagnose and get it fixed but it is 18 years old and we decided it might be better to replace it. Those are tough decisions. Hope we made the right one.

Sorry I haven't much to say, but I do hope for another 24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I have been AOL due to a slip. I am back and know i don’t want to go back to that lifestyle. The bottom line is that I am back and feel strong again. I am thankful for this site as I know I can come back and be welcomed. Thanks everyone for being here. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You came back, and that's what counts Rava. And keep coming back no matter what.

You got lots of years out of that fridge dill, not many new appliances last that long. The fridge in the downstairs kitchenette quit about a year ago but we decided not to replace it but we sure miss it. We've been thinking lately about moving the one from upstairs fridge down to replace it then get a new one for upstairs but haven't made the plunge yet.

Adam texted last night and I guess we'll be headed to the lake tomorrow morning so I'll be packing my swim trunks again the cool down in the lake when we're done for the day.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, glad you're are back. We miss you when you don't check in. Eventually, it will stick for both of us as long as we keep coming back.

Dill, when we ordered these appliances, I was shocked to read the life of the high-end "wizzy giggy" models was only 5-7 years due to all the tech they stuff in them. What the .....? It was hard to find "plain jane" models, but we did. It was still close to a grand. Craziness.

ABC, stay hydrated and cool down frequently. We want to make sure the Cafe owner stays well.

I'll take another!

Comment

24 more please... Vacation is so much more fun sober! Keep coming back Rava!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                Dill, when we ordered these appliances, I was shocked to read the life of the high-end "wizzy giggy" models was only 5-7 years due to all the tech they stuff in them. What the .....? It was hard to find "plain jane" models, but we did. It was still close to a grand. Craziness.
                Ya our handy man friend told us that too, said a lot of the new fridges only last 5 years (planned obsolecensce) but the old ones go forever. Last year, we had a problem with the fridge at my mom's (also somewhere between 10-20 yearsold) where it was leaking water every day. We thought about just getting a new one, but the handyman showed us that the back drain pipe just had to be unclogged (he used a shop vac for it) and now it runs fine again. So saved us a grand or whatever they cost nowadays.
                Last edited by Mulburry; July 16, 2024, 08:55 PM.

Comment

We had a repair made on the fridge about 7 years ago where a sensor went out and needed to be replaced. It was fairly expensive to replace it, but we hated to part with the fridge. I guess that was the right call as we got 7 more years out of it. Mr. D thinks it could be something with the compressor and maybe easily fixable, but it's just being at age where things will start breaking down and needing frequent repair. It is hard to find "plain jane" anything these days Ginger! In a way I wish someone would start a plain jane appliance brand!

Keep coming back Rava. It's what we all need to do. Never give up!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 48 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    dill Rava Ginger999 Jude58 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

See y'all Friday morning!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for all the positive comments. I will keep coming back no matter what. I absolutely hate myself the next morning and try to remind myself of this each time I want to drink. Sometimes the feeling is just too strong and I blame it on outside forces that cause me to do it. It is no ones fault but my own. The feeling of despair is so strong that I literally want to die. I can not do this. Alcohol is poison to my body and when you wake up with all the symptoms including vomiting your body is trying to tell you something. I will get it eventually. I am in a good head space right now and hope it stays. I feel like a stupid kid who just keeps on screwing up. When i think about it, my occasional screw ups are still much better than where I was many years ago drinking daily. I literally hate alcohol and my relationship with it has changed so much over the years. It’s a sneaky progressive disease that is not going to kill me. Watching my dad go thru cirrhosis right now is awful. I know better. Thanks friends for all the support. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, life is often one big rollercoaster ride. Hang on and fasten your seatbelt!

Sorry for the short posts lately, but I haven't been on the Internet much.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Jude, don't apologize! Enjoy your time with your peeps.

Dill, I like your plain jane appliance idea! If I were younger, I'd pursue that idea. All my kids cuss their wizzy gig appliances now that they have them. I bet there'd not only be a market for us oldies, but the youngins too. After all, they've started making flip phones again. Lol

Rava, i swear we are sisters from a different mister genetically! Hang in there. We got this!

Feeling a tad better so I'm going to try to workout and watch ggkids today. Wish me luck. I'll take another

Comment

Rava, I can relate to everything you said regarding alcohol. Like Ginger, I feel like you are my sister. I'm sorry about your dad's illness.

Jude, it's ok you are not posting much. It's so great that you are living it up for awhile!

How'd it go yesterday, Ginger? Did your knee do OK?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Comment

Good Thursday morning cafe! Feeling relaxed! Hope that everyone has a great af day!

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, it’s probably better that you are not on the internet too much. It’s definitely draining at times. I am also in agreement to plain Jane appliances. Less is more!!! Ginger, hope you enjoy your day with the grands. I will be seeing mine later today. 24 more please and thank you. Wishing everyone a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X