~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's breakfast time!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yum! What a great Sunday breakfast! It's great not to be dealing with a hangover when Cowboy has cooked up something so special! Thanks, Cowboy.

I was Just thinking about QW. I miss him popping in every now and again. Of course I miss Techie too. Hope all is well with both of them.

Nothing much going on here today. 24 more for all of us, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I miss QW and techie as well. Hope that they are doing OK. Headed home today and it's bittersweet. Loved being at the beach, but I'm starting to miss home and it will be good to get back.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy and your little cabin is looking great!!! Jude, safe travels back today. I miss QW and Techie also. You get used to hearing from everyone daily and then it stops. I hope they are both ok. Waking up today I realize that it was exactly 1 week that I woke up with a horrible hangover. Thank God that is not the case today. Dear God, what was I thinking??? Today is gonna be a good day minus alcohol!!! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

ABC, the tiny home looks amazing! We are still in triple digits here. Forecasting 105f today. I always say the same thing about those poor souls that have to work out in this heat. Bless them all. Thanks for breakfast!

Jude, safe travels! I'm sure it is very much bitter sweet.

Rava, I'm listening to "stop drinking easily" by Allen Carr. It's not the book I was thinking of but once I got to chapter 5 it started to sound along the same vain as the other one. You might check it out, if you're looking for a shot in the arm. This passage has stuck with me, "You wouldn't purposely ingest arsenic would you? Then why do you drink alcohol, which is also poison?". He also says we can't stop for long using only willpower. We must change our thinking around AL. It can no longer be an old friend we miss but an enemy we hate. (I'm totally paraphrasing here) It's been a good listen for me anyway.

Dill, I miss QW and Techie too. Wish they'd both just stop by for a second.

My great-grand's daddy came home from a work trip sick with covid. Hoping he feels better today and the rest don't get it. He said it's awful.

Off to walk before the heat climbs. I'm glad I have lots of fun inside things to do inside. Lol I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Cowboy, the cabin looks like it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished product!

It's good to be home again, but I do miss the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach. While I was away, I pretty much unplugged myself from tv and the Internet. It was really quite refreshing. I noticed that a lot of the people I was with spent most of their time scrolling the internet on their phones. I guess that it's just another form of addiction, and I sure don't want any part of it.

24 more please...

Comment

It's scary how much people have become addicted to their smart phones, myself included. I'm glad I didn't have this to deal with when I was a parent and I feel for parents and teachers trying to navigate these rough waters with their children and students. I am so addicted to my phone that I am ashamed to admit that there are times that I can't even get through Sunday morning Mass without pulling my phone out and checking for something!

I got an email today telling me there is a meeting to plan the Auxiliary Christmas Bazaar on Aug. 9. Apparently I missed the first meeting which was in July. But I never got a notice about that one. It seems so crazy to be planning a November event in the heat of summer! But that is what it takes. I'm concerned about some of the murmurings I have been hearing about our local hospital. It may possibly be closing it's doors in the near future! I may be joining you, Ginger, in the healthcare desert.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you,

Last edited by dill; July 22, 2024, 05:33 AM. Reason: spelling
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, thanks for the info about the audio book. I am going to my app today and look for it. Jude, glad you are safely home. Dill, I am also addicted to my phone and ipad. Both are constant companions. It’s better than booze. Dental appt today to get my broken tooth fixed. I am signing up for a dentist up here since I live in both places. Looks like clouds and possibly rain today. We crabbed all day yesterday and caught about 6. Set up our lawn chairs with those little attachable umbrellas and literally sat on the pier reading and crabbing all day. What a great day! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    dill Jude58 Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully he gets over Covid quickly Ginger without too bad of symptoms.

Glad you made it home safe and sound Jude.

Hope the dental appointment goes well today Rava, and I'm presuming you enjoyed a crab dinner last night.

So many of the smaller town hospitals have shut down here as well dill, but the good news is that they turn most of them into long-term care facilities which are also badly needed in our province.

I wouldn't say I was addicted to my phone, but I do find that I make sure I have it handy throughout the day.

Comment

Jude, glad you're home safe. I know exactly what you mean about the crashing waves. It penetratesthe soul.

Dill, I carry my phone every where. I wish it weren't so but it is, sadly. Like you, I'm so glad technology wasn't as prevalent when my kids were young, even though I worked in the field, lol.

Rava, you're so fortunate to have water close in both locations. I found a few nurse practioners on the Medicare site, I'll see today if they are truly taking new patients. Thanks again for the tip!!

Dill, sorry to hear about your hospital. Im watching The Resident on Netflix and it addresses this issue in a couple of episodes. If anyone is looking for a good show to watch, I highly recommend it!

ABC, when is your next lake trip? I look forward to pics!

Covid is working it's way through my granddaughter's family. The one year old tested positive yesterday. Her husband is feeling much better. He said he'd never felt so rough. Granddaughter said she was feeling punky last night. Haven't talked to her yet today. Ugh

I'm in for another day of freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                          Dill, I carry my phone every where. I wish it weren't so but it is, sadly. Like you, I'm so glad technology wasn't as prevalent when my kids were young, even though I worked in the field, lol.
                          I might be one of the rare people who isn't. I still prefer using the PC (and do most of my interneting on there) and at times I leave my phone somewhere and don't check it for a few hours; I kind of hate being tethered to something, and feeling obligated to check as soon as I get any sort of text/notification etc.

We could sure use some of those cool mornings dill, and cooler temps all around. It's been very hot here for the past week and the heat is supposed to carry through to next Wednesday and possibly further.​
                          After close to 3 weeks we FINALLY got a nice cool down today, got to only about 22C, some clouds and nice cooling wind, it was such a nice refreshing change. I was feeling not too bad today, and made it up for a hike in the mountains too. Luckily no fires in this area yet, it's scary what's happening in other parts of the province.

Comment

Good for you. Mul! You're smart! We have fires all over here. When you have nothing but dry grass and sage brush it's bound to happen.

Headed to see friends we met in AZ. Should be fun to catch up and no AL in sight!! I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Late check in as this morning I could not connect to the server. Hot Hot Hot here today. Probably close to 100. Took a long walk this morning and now I am in for the day. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

I could not log in this morning either, Rava. Ginger and Cowboy both mentioned over on WQD they were having issues as well.

I decided to stop in again this afternoon and voila! Here I am!

Sounds like you have a much healthier relationship with you phone than I do, Mul! I'm going to work on it tho.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X