No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't log in this morning either, and I'm just getting here now.

Mulburry, I'm the same way about my phone. I don't use it for the Internet, and it's not attached to my hip either. I hate being tied to a phone, and leave it in the house if I'm doing work outside. I do always take it with me if I'm going somewhere in my car as I may need it if I break down and have to call for help. Cell phones definitely have a purpose, but I sure don't want to be on it 24/7.

Ginger, I hope that your family recovers quickly from covid. When is it ever going to end...

Rava, it sounds as though you had a great day crabbing. That sounds like a lot of fun!

24 more for all us please...

Comment

Good morning cafe! Grateful for my sobriety everyday. There's a saying that goes "Cease to be grateful, cease to be sober." Words to live by...

I'm taking a motorcycle training class this weekend and it's supposed to be really hot both days, but the course is held rain or shine. Looks like I'd better bring lots of water!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Jude, that's exciting about the class! Are you doing it solo or with Mr. J? I hope you enjoy yourself and learning a new skill!

I have noticed that the season seems to be turning. I know there's plenty of summer left, but the cicadas are telling me to enjoy it while I can...

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Glad to see us all back with no issues logging in. Today we are going to tackle cleaning our grill. Not looking forward to that mess! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Thankful and grateful to be sober today. 24 more please and thank you. PS Ginger, I hope your family is feeling better!

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 48 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I wasn't able to log in yesterday either, but glad to see the site is back up again. Adam and Darcie were at the lake Monday and Tuesday Ginger, and they are supposed to be going back out for this coming weekend but not sure if they will now with all the rain in the forecast which is badly needed everywhere. Next Wednesday and Thursday are when Adam and I had hoped to go out and get the shingles on.

Have fun cleaning the grill Rava, I know what kind of a job that can be.

Hope you enjoy the motorcycle class Jude, no matter what the weather.

I've been spending time downstairs working on extending my railroad. I'll have to take some pics of the new layouts.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Fires, fires every where!

Enjoyed the visit and cards with our friends. We didn't get home until late but no AL in sight for me!

Off to workout then a dr appt. Rava, your suggestion worked and I found a doc taking Medicare patients. I know nothing about him but it's the best I could do. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'll take another day of freedom!
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Beautiful pics Ginger, you sure do live in a scenic area! I'm glad that you found a new doc that takes Medicare. Hope that they can help you.

Dill, I am taking the class by myself as Mr. J already knows how to ride. He could have taught me, but he wants me to take this course and I agreed with him. For a beginner rider like myself, I think that it will be a lot safer if I'm taught by professionals, and I will learn to do things the right way. I have also noticed the changing sound of the insects with more cicada music. I just love the changing seasons and always look forward to each one.

Cowboy, would love to see more pics of your railroad... Such a cool hobby.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, so glad you found a provider. Thats a good start for now. Your view is absolutely stunning! Jude, glad you are taking the class. We can never be too safe! Cowboy I would also love to see pics of your trains. Mr. R had quite a train garden but since moving to a smaller home there is no room. He does have several trains displayed on shelves in his office. I saw on You Tube that you can clean the grates of the grill with rolled up tin foil. Well that was a failure. Little bits of foil are all over the grates. Today is a rainy day so we are going to see the new movie Twisters. I will be eating buttered popcorn under a comfy blanket in the recliner chairs. (I am actually excited about that! LOL). 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Loved the pictures Ginger. We have had smoky air for the last week or so, there's so many wildfires burning and a few towns have been evacuated. I see on the news this morning that the historic town of Jasper is now on fire, not sure how much of it they'll be able to save.

I heard a neat trick was to put your grill grates in a self-cleaning oven Rava. Not sure if that works for the ceramic coated grates though if that's what you have.

I think it's pretty important to take any course you can when it comes to motorized vehicles Jude. Safely should always be #1.

I started expanding my railroad setup on both ends. One end will be my rail yard (partially completed) and the other end a rural farming area. I'll tale some pics today and get them posted.

Comment

Oh no! That's terrible about Jasper, ABC. Praying for all those affected by fires and those fighting so hard to stop them.

Dr ordered an xray of my back and blood work. He seemed fine. We will see.....

Rava, that sounds like the perfect day. Enjoy!

Let's all have a great day! I'll take another.

Comment

Comment

I'm waiting on a couple of more buildings and worker figures to get here then I can finish laying the gravel in the parking/yard area. I've got lots of wiring on the lights and track switches to keep me busy till they get here lol.

Comment

Those pictures are beautiful, Ginger. And I'm so happy you finally got in with someone. I thought you mentioned he is a Nurse Practitioner at first. Is that correct or is he an actual doctor? I'm glad you like him and you are getting treatment!

Cowboy, your train set up is fantastic! Thanks for sharing those pics. You are amazing....but we all knew that already.

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I overslept and had to hustle in the morning to get to my volunteer job. Afterwards we had plans to have lunch with a friend and celebrate Mr. D's birthday. It was actually two weeks ago but we had a time coordinating a time until yesterday.

Jude, I think you made a good choice in taking that motorcycle course. We need you to keep safe!

Rava, that outdoor movie sounds really fun. Hope you enjoyed the show.

I am really disgusted with myself this morning as I let my guard down yesterday and bought wine on my way home from volunteering. I drank every bit of it and feel awful this morning. It isn't so much the physical aspect as the psychological aspect. Not only did I not really enjoy the drinking, but now I have to spend time getting past the depressing effects. I could kick myself.

So, 24 more for me, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X