No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy, that's some set up you've got there... Very cool!

Rava, let me know how the movie Twisters was. I loved the original one.

Ginger, hope that the new doc can find some answers and a solution for your pain.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. The movie Twisters was good. I think my blood pressure might have been elevated for some of it. Pretty intense but good! Cowboy, Your train set up is quite professional. Looks amazing. Ginger, hope that X-ray shows no major issues. So glad you found someone in your location. It’s really hard to keep ourself together when we have 2 residences. I am actually getting a dentist in both locations. Our primary will do telemedicine over the phone and for anything else we go to an urgent care center. Finding a dermatologist here is almost impossible yet in florida they are on every corner. Crazy! Dill, I feel ya loud and clear. I have done the exact same thing numerous times and also drink every last drop. It’s almost like it’s intentionally planned and I do it without thinking it’s wrong until I wake up. Then it’s all regret and despair. Hang in there, you came right back and you got this. We are all here for you and literally in the same boat! Today is a new day for you. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you're getting checked over Ginger, lets hope whatever they find is minor and easily treatable.

Bubba and I are anxious to go see the movie when it gets to our theatre Rava, and you've just made me want to see it even more.

Put it behind you dill where it belongs, you came right back and that's what really matters,

Thanks y'all for the positive comments on my train set-up. It's something I really enjoy doing and keeps me busy when I'm home all day. Off to Mannville this morning in the pouring rain and high winds for a Dr appt for my regular thyroid and cholesterol check. We really needed the rain as did all of Alberta.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow, ABC! That's awesome. I'd love to see it in real life. I know the pictures don't do it justice!

Sweet Dill, I'm so sorry that happened. Was there a trigger or just a WTF moment? You're back and that's all that matters! It's nothing but poison and we all know it but sometimes that truth slips away. It's the DEVIL!

Well, still dizzy and now I think I have shingles! I'm having a WTF moment myself. No AL for me though! That's all I need. Bahaha I'll take another!

Comment

Geez Ginger, sure hope that you don't have shingles, it's no fun!

Dill, don't beat yourself up about one mistake, learn from it and move on.

Heading off to my motorcycle class this morning, sure hope that I don't run anyone over!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thank you all for your understanding and support. I will continue to move forward.

Jude, I am sure you will do great with your lesson. Can't wait to hear about how it went!

Rava, Twister sounds like a good one to see on the big screen. I bet Mr. D will be wanting to see a matinee soon.

Cowboy, hope your checkup went ok.

Hey, Mulburry.

Ginger, I think my mistake was not managing my anxiety level. I was putting myself in to too many social situations and over time it just caught up to me. I wanted the escape. I am not a particularly social person. I like alone time. Unfortunately, you have to do both in this life and sometimes the balance between the two gets lost. I found myself in that moment where I thought I needed the escape and surely I would be able to stop after a glass or two.... I proved to myself, once again, that is just not possible for me.

Feeling better today and would like to keep it going. 24 more please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  dill Jude58 Rava Ginger999

Comment

Dr's appt went well dill, mostly a minor check-up to get my prescriptions refilled.

Have fun today Jude, I'm sure you and everyone else will be safe lol.

Hopefully it's not shingles Ginger, I hear they are no fun to have. I've thought of getting the vaccine shot for them but of course I keep putting it off.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I hope if it is shingles that you have a mild case. That crap is no fun!!! Jude, enjoy your class this morning. Dill, if we could all have 1 or 2 glasses of wine we would not be here! That is our common problem. Glad you are feeling better today. Hope everyone has a great and sober Saturday. 24 more please.

Comment

Jude, you can ride a horse, that motorcycle should be a piece of cake! Enjoy the class.

Dill, glad you're feeling better. Such a nasty legal drug. None of us here would do heroine but yet we've all drank alcohol. It's just as much poison as heroine only legal. Ugh. I wish it would have never been invented! I think Allen Carr's book is helping me put that back in perspective. At the end of the book they provide a link to a hypnosis episode. I've been listening to it as I fall asleep. Anything I can do to make this my final quite, I'll try it! I'm sick of slips.

Well, it's definitely shingles. I went to urgent care and dr confirmed it and gave me antiviral. She did say that all my other odd symptoms are more than likely from the virus working it's way to the surface. It's ugly! I was vaccinated but you can definitely still get it. It's usually a much lighter case though so I'd definitely recommend your getting it, ABC. As I always say.... this getting old ain't for sissies.

I'm in for another day of freedom!

Comment

Geez Ginger, so sorry to hear that you have shingles. I've had it before and it's no fun!

Dill, glad that you are feeling better about your slip. These things happen and it's always best to move forward, and not dwell on the past. I'm like you in that I don't like large crowds of people, and can get quite anxious in those situations. I always used booze to make things easier in social situations. I also need a lot of alone time.

Well, sad to say that I didn't pass my motorcycle safety course. As a matter of fact, I dumped my bike within the first hour of class. Talk about embarrassing! There were 11 other people in the class, most of them men in their 20's. There was a lot of maneuvering through a course of turns and I just couldn't get the hang of it, and at one point I almost ran over one of the instructors. Not good. We practiced in a large parking lot in 90

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, I am sorry that you had a hard time at your class. Will you be retaking it or just settle for being a passenger while Mr. J drives? I would be scared to death to even try the class. I give you a lot of credit!! Ginger, hope your shingles passes quickly! Wishing everyone a sober and safe day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Postimage is having problems today so maybe it'll have to be a Monday morning breakfast lol

Sorry to hear about the bike mishap Jude, I'm sure you'll do better the next time you take it. Is the course a requirement to get you motorcycle drivers license?

Hoping you get over the shingles quickly Ginger and you just have a mild case.

Bubba and I went to see Twisters last night, you were right Rava, some intense scenes for sure! It was well worth the price of admission.

Comment

Working...
                                X