No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished up 1/2 of the roof and moving things over to start the second side.

Second side prepped and ready for shingles.

All finished!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's very hot and humid here as well. Both Adam and I look forward to our swim in the lake once we're done work for the day. If the weather cooperates we'll go back up again on Monday and Tuesday this coming week to get the house wrap put on then the door and windows installed.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, thanks for the pics! It's always a great feeling when the place is buttoned up from the elements. What a great location. You'll all enjoy it for years to come.

Rava, enjoy the week with family.

The shingles continue to linger but not nearly as bad so I guess that's progress. I saw the ortho doc yesterday. He's pretty sure I have a torn meniscus. He ordered an MRI to confirm. I feel so discouraged. This summer has just been one thing after another. I need to focus on gratitude and remind myself all this would be much worse if I were drinking.

So..... I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I am sorry you are having a rough summer but you are right, if you were drinking it would be much worse. It’s hard enough at our age just waking up without drinking! We are not in California but closer to Wyoming. We are going sight seeing today so I will be interested to seeing the mountains and wildlife. Cowboy that little cabin looks so nice. I am loving the pictures. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning cafe! The cabin is coming along nicely cowboy and can't wait to see the finished project.

Ginger, I'm sorry that you are having a rough summer but hopefully things will improve soon. At least if you have a diagnosis for your knee pain that's half the battle. Now all they have to do is fix it.

24 more please...

Comment

My goodness Ginger! What a summer you have been having! Things can only get better now that you have a competent doc looking into your knee problem, and surely the shingles have got to be on the run by now! You are doing an amazing job soldiering on and keeping al out of the picture. I was talking with a patient Thursday who had crutches and was obviously having some sharp knee pain and she was headed to the xray dept. I could have been talking to you! She said she twisted her knee doing some gardening and now she said she keeps reinjuring it because her yard is so pockmarked with holes her dog has dug. Poor thing. I hope you both get relief soon!

Cowboy, you and Adam have done a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Don't be discouraged Ginger, you'll get past these physical ailments and be back to your normal self before you know it.

Make sure you take some pics on your sightseeing adventure today Rava.

Comment

Thanks all but I'm beginning to wonder if I will get past this! Fingers crossed.

I love Wyoming. My hubby's uncle was a famous artist and lived in Jackson Hole. The Tetons are so beautiful. Report back where you explored! I'm living vicariously through others right now.

We are getting overnight company. Wish I felt better but it is what it is. I'll just have to be grateful to be al free! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Still adjusting to this time change. Getting up at 4:30 am is kinda hard for me. LOL. Beautiful but hot here it was 102 yesterday. Spent lots of quality time with the grands and today we are swimming at a pool that is fed by a hot springs. Ginger, hang in there and hopefully those shingles will go away. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Ginger, one of my sisters lives in Wyoming and whenever I visit her I'm amazed at how beautiful it is. I could live there in a heartbeat!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Made a huge batch of pulled pork in our electric roaster yesterday. It turned out great and now we are able to share with the grandkids and still have lots left over!

I've never been to Wyoming. I've only seen it in pictures and in movies. It does look stunning! The time change does sound challenging, Rava.

Not much happening today. I'm just looking forward to a Cowboy Breakfast!

24 more please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready folks!

Comment

Sounds like you had a fun day with the grandkids Rava despite the heat.

Hmmm, pulled pork on a bun sounds great dill. With some mustard, mayo, and a dash of horseradish sauce.

Comment

Working...
                                X