No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Cafe. Had a sleep over with the grands last night. They are just waking up. Played cards and enjoyed our family time together. Cowboy thanks for that great breakfast. Life is so much better without obsessing about getting my next drink. 24 more for us all!

Comment

Company is here but I'll happily take another day of freedom!

Comment

Miss you Cowboy.

Another 24 x infinity for me. x

Comment

Hi briseus! Stop in anytime!

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy, your the best!

24 more please...

Comment

Thanks so much Bri, for dropping in and sharing your story. You are such an inspiration!

It's a great morning for sitting on the porch and having coffee. The crickets are in high gear!

Thanks for the awesome breakfast, Cowboy. You read my mind on that one.

That hurricane in Florida is really awful, It's not anywhere near yours, is it Rava?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; August 5, 2024, 08:29 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 briseus

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to see you again briseus, and huge congrats on your 9 years AF! My old sobriety calendar program got integrated with Outlook Calendar and I lost a lot of data in the changeover or else there would have been a cake for you yesterday...

Got woke up to thunder, lightning, and pouring rain early this morning and it looks like a few days of rain ahead of us so not sure when we'll be headed back to the lake. Have to check in with Adam later this morning and see what his thoughts are.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hear thunder hear as well, ABC. They are only predicting .04 inches of rain but I'll take it. Hopefully, the mountains will get more. The wildfire up one of our passes is still out of control. Pray for the fire fighters.

briseus, so great to see you in the cafe. Nine years, that is so awesome. Congratulations on the milestone!

Made it through company unscathed. It was a reminder, I don't enjoy a lot of company in my space. Guess I'm just becoming an old curmudgeon!

Hi! Rava, Dill and Jude. Enjoy your day.

Off to exercise (fingers crossed) then an hours drive to get the MRI of my knee. Progress! Follow up with ortho doc Thursday. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, the hurricane was in our area in southwest Florida. According to neighbors, we had lots of flooded roads but no condo damage. Thank Goodness! We do have a large alligator now in our pond. Not sure how they will deal with that. Ginger, I get it about company. it’s exhausting. I am having a good time with family but ready to head home. We fly home wednesday pending no weather delays from Hurricane Debby. I hate hurricanes. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Wow Rava, an alligator in your pond? Yikes, I think that I'll stick to the wildlife around here, they have less teeth!

I picked up another couple of work shifts, and today I'm going to meet the new client. Hopefully we will get along well and it will turn out to be a long time account.

Ginger, I'm glad that your finally able to get an MRI on your knee. Hopefully the doctor can pinpoint where the problem lies and fix it.

I'm ready for another sober day!

Comment

I'm glad there was no property damage, Rava, but what on earth do you do with an alligator?!!

I hope your client and you are a good fit, Jude.

Not much news here, but I did get an email from the volunteer coordinator yesterday saying there is a special meeting today for an announcement about the future of the hospital I volunteer in. There has long been talk about possible changes. I guess we are finally going to hear something other than rumors and speculation.

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

How did the MRI turn out Ginger? was it what the Dr suspected, and where do you go from here?

That's great news that your condo wasn't affected Rava, just need to call in the alligator wranglers now lol.

Sure hope things work out well with your new client Jude, it makes work so much more enjoyable when you're dealing with someone you enjoy working with.

Hopefully it's not terrible news about the hospital dill, mostly likely just a change in the services they'll be offering in the days ahead.

Comment

Got a call yesterday and they moved my MRI to today. Their machine needed a new part. Hopefully, it was fixed yesterday!

Rava, I think an alligator in your pond might be a real focal point. Bahahaha Seriously though, I hope they can extricate it without hurting it or anyone getting hurt in the process.

Dill, I hope this doesn't mean the hospital is closing! Hopefully, just a buy out.

Jude, good luck with the new client. Hope it's a good fit.

ABC, any word on when you'll head back to the lake?

Taking the truck in for another "procedure". This time it's a warped manifold, which is very common on the ecoboost. This will cost around $2,300. Hubby is starting to grumble and thinks it's time for a new truck. I was hoping to wait until we were through towing 5th wheels around but that's a few years off so that may not be possible. Oh well, you can't take it with ya!

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. The alligator will probably be relocated. There are a lot of companies that do that. I don’t think the condo association will do anything unless it’s over a certain size. From the picture it looks about 6-8 feet so I am guessing that’s big enough to remove. Ginger I hear you about the truck. Ours goes in the shop next week for a total of almost 3,000 so I feel your pain. A new truck is so expensive that we are just gonna keep hanging on to our old one for now. Jude, hope your new client works out. Dill, hope it just a buy out for your hospital. Cowboy, looking forward to new pictures. Well tomorrow we head back to the east coast. Last night was a beautiful sunset. 24 more hours of being sober. It’s almost been 1 month since my horrible slip. I am aiming for 1 month of sobriety.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X