No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful pic Rava! Running late today so just a quick post, but I'm here to tell you that I'm in for another 24 hours.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
      Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; August 7, 2024, 06:19 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Love the pic Rava, and good job of getting to that 1 month! Safe travels today.

Not exactly sure when next lake day for me will be Ginger. Adam has this weekend off but him and Darcie like to spend his weekends off out at the lake together. If that's the case this weekend, then my next trip would probably be a week from today.

Bubba and I will take our lawn chairs and walk down a couple of blocks to watch the parade that kicks off our 5 day annual Country Fair this morning. It's the only part of the fair that we attend as the fairgrounds get way to busy and noisy for us, but who knows, maybe we'll walk over and take in some of the chuckwagon races.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for that beautiful pic, Rava and huge congrats on one month!!

Have fun at the parade, Cowboy. I didn't go to our local fair this year either for the same reasons you cited. But a parade sounds perfect.

Ginger, how'd that MRI go? Hate to hear about the truck troubles. We recently had to do some expensive brake work on ours. It was around $1500. But we have to have use of the truck and we don't want to buy right now, so...

The Hospital we currently work in will be shuttered in 24 months. They are breaking ground on a new building that should be completed in that time. The new building will not have in-patient hospital beds but will have a full service Emergency dept with all the necessary supports to that like Lab, Xray, CT and some outpatient therapies. It is a huge disappointment to the community because we will be losing that in-patient facility and will have to drive 10 to the nearest hospital should we or our family members need a hospital stay. Most of us were left feeling disappointed with the decision.

Not something to drink over tho... 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you,

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh bummer, Dill. More and more rural hospitals are closing around here too. Sucks for those dependent on those facilities. Our closest hospital is so busy and under staffed, we'd drive the hour or so to a different hospital, if the situation wasn't emergent.

Rava, safe travels home and good job on one month! ABC, enjoy the parade. Jude, have a great day.

Almost didn't get my MRI. They insisted the orders were for my right knee. I assured them it was NOT. By this time it was 430p and they weren't sure they could reach anyone in the Dr office. Luckily, someone picked up and confirmed my left knee. Ugh! Anyway.... nothing to drink over. I see the Dr tomorrow to go over the results. Fingers crossed it's a simple fix! I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, wow the wrong knee for X-ray. Thank goodness that wasn't surgery! Glad you got it straight! Dill, sorry about your hospital. That stinks for those that need an inpatient stay. When you say 10 do you mean you have to drive 10 hours? Just need to clarify that. Cowboy, hope you enjoyed the parade. Hi Jude. We fly home today. I am already anxious as our connecting flight might be delayed due to Hurricane Debbie. This could really suck. I will fill you in tomorrow as to if we made it home or slept on the airport floor! That has always been my biggest fear of traveling. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. No drinking for me as airport booze is way to expensive and I could never get enough if I started.

Comment

That sucks about the hospital closing dill. The same thing is happening here and it's really quite sad. Ginger, hoping for good results from your MRI with an easy fix. Rava, safe travels on your journey home, and hopefully Hurricane Debbie won't affect your travel plans.

The N.Y. state fair begins in a couple of weeks, but I am hesitant to go due to the large crowds. There are a lot of agriculture events every year which I really enjoy so we shall see.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

If you do go to the fair Jude, let us know what you see there. If I were with you we would have to look for draft horses together!

Rava, sorry for leaving out the word MILES. But that statement wasn't accurate anyway. I meant to say we had to drivve 10 miles farther than we already are driving. Currently we are 8 miles out from the local hospital/emergency.

Ginger, so glad you got that MRI done in spite of the confusion.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully you got to sleep in your own bed last night Rava, home safe and sound.

Not the best news about your hospital dill, but at least you'll still have emergency care if needed.

Glad you got the right knee looked at Ginger, or was it the left? lol. Anyway, hopefully the scan shows only minor injuries.

The parade was pretty good and the weather was sunny but not too warm. Sadly there were no horse and wagon entries and there's usually 2 or 3.

Comment

ABC, I wonder why there were no horse and wagons this year? I wonder if it's a practice the younger generation has no interest in carrying on.

Rava, hope you're home safe and sound!

Hi Dill and Jude!

Off to Dr to go over MRI results. My sisters are going along and we will have lunch and do a little shopping before we head home! Should be fun. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning. I just finished posting and it wanted a URL label???? Oh well. We are back at the hotel and heading home this morning. Ginger, hope your MRI result is good and you enjoy your sister day. Hi Cowboy, Jude and Dill. Glad to be back in our neck of the woods. Hoping the hurricane is not much once it reaches us. With all the technology, its seems like we hear about hurricanes for days and days and days. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Looks like we're in for a lot of wind and rain today from the remnants of hurricane Debbie. The weather guys say that we are in for 2.5 to 4 inches of rain and are under a flood watch for most of this are. Yikes!

Cowboy, the best parade that I've ever gone to was in Cheyenne Wyoming. It definitely had a western theme with lots of horses and really original entries. Even the mayor was on horseback. It was awesome!
                            Hope that you had good results from your MRI Ginger!

24 more please...

Comment

Ginger hope your got your MRI results and there is a treatment plan forming.

Glad you made it back home safe and sound, Rava.

Jude, that Wyoming parade sound like my cup of tea!

Cowboy, It is good about the Emergency services being available. The other positive piece of news is that the outpatient services will remain which means my registration volunteer position will remain, should I want to continue in my current role. What makes me more happy about that is that the woman I assist who works in registration has had assurances that she will continue in her position in the new building. I'm grown quite fond of her, so it matters to me, naturally.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, I am glad that you and your work friend will both be taken care of. Good luck with the hurricane remnants Jude. Hi to Ginger and Cowboy. Nothing planned today but getting used to the time change from my recent trip. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X