No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have a feeling that there's not as many horses left on farms around this area Ginger. With the price of beef and feed the way it is, all the pasture and hay is going into cattle, much better return on investment.

Nice to hear that at least some of the existing staff won't be too affected by the change dill. I would imagine others will be offered positions in the new facility if they want to do the extra driving.

Not much new on my end, most likely will trim and cut the grass today then maybe sit and read on the deck and listen to all the music coming from the fair midway.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, of course that's why, ABC. The horses have gone the way of the rotary dial phone. Kinda sad really but understandable with the cost of things.

Rava, glad you're home safe and sound. Jude, that's a lot of rain. Hope you're not affected by it. Dill, I hope you can keep in touch with your volunteer friend regardless if you continue or not. It's good to have in person friends.

Well, it's a torn meniscus and can't be repaired but can be cleaned up with a same day surgery. He wants to schedule it as soon as we get back from the beach on the 28th. BUT.... im going to do some research and a second opinion before i pull the plug. Seems like I've heard this surgery doesnt always relieve the pain so, if thats the case, why go through it? Lots to research and think about. Ill be doing it AF. I'll take another day of freedom.

Comment

Been a bit so just checking in. Been keeping busy doing things with my brother while he's been out here and watching some olympics here and there as well (great showing for Canada so far).

Comment

Ginger, glad that you finally got a diagnosis on the knee pain. Hopefully your research on the procedure will yield good results so that you are are ok to go ahead with the surgery to repair the meniscus.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Thanks for stopping in Mul. Glad you are hanging in there and enjoying being with your brother.

No big plans for the day. Just a quiet summer Saturday. I'll take it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Comment

Good Saturday Morning Cafe! Ginger, glad you got a diagnosis and hope you figure out what you want to do. Now at least you have something to work with. Thanks for checking in Mul! Cowboy sounds like a good and quiet day ahead for you as far as listening to fair music and reading. Dill and Jude, hope you enjoy your day. Wish Techie would check in!! I am finally feeling like myself adjusting to the time change. No big plans for today. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! My head is finally in a good place. Just hope it stays that way. Included a random picture of a cute little traveler in the airport.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rava, what a sweet pic. It doesn’t look like that's her first time in an airport!

Howdy, Mul! Enjoy your bro-time.

After much research, it appears that cleaning up that tear is the best solution to getting back to normal-ish. Guess I'll proceed after our beach trip. I'm blessed and should be counting them!

Im going to patch my sister's rock chip she got driving home yesterday then I need to get back here and start packing!

I found that book I was asking about a few weeks ago. I read this when I first came here 10 years ago and it was impactful for me at the time. Im going to listen to it this go round! Kick the Drink...Easily! https://a.co/d/j8Q0NpW

I'll take another day!

Comment

Aw! What a sweet picture, Rava...She was going in style!

Ginger, thank you for sharing the long lost book. I'm going to see if I can get it at the library. It can only help. I have been struggling lately. I'm glad you're feeling better about the procedure. Better get it scheduled before you go. No telling how long the wait will be for a procedure like that!

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee while awaiting our Sunday morning treat.

There is a health fair this weekend where all kinds of free health services are offered walk-in. I may mosey over there and see about having my hearing checked.

24 more please for all of us here.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Some breakfast for us...

Comment

What a cute little girl Rava, she looks every bit the seasoned traveler lol.

I think you made a wise decision Ginger, and hopefully it will get you back to normal. Glad you found your book, it never hurts to add to our toolbox whenever we can.

The health fair sounds like a pretty cool idea dill, give people a chance to see what's all new in the health world.

I'm hoping I have a quiet day today, but I might end up having to run out and check a customer's boiler. He called yesterday and it seems we got it running over the phone, hopefully that's all it took.

Comment

Hey cowboy! I waited for breakfast and I'm so glad that I did. Yum and thank you!

Hope that everyone has a great day!

I'll take another 24 hours.....

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. It hit the spot. Ginger, thanks so much for the book recommendation. I just ordered it on my kindle. I tried the library but mine doesnt carry it. Glad you made the decision on your knee. Dill, I feel like I think about alcohol every damned day. Yesterday i struggled as I seem to do around 4 pm. Hopefully this book will get me in gear!! OK I am off to Walmart for groceries. No wine here in the Walmart stores! Thank goodness! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X