No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning! Yummy breakfast spread, ABC. Hope that boiler keeps chugging along so you can hang out with Bubba.

The book by Allen Carr was helpful for me too. Both are based on changing your thoughts about alcohol instead of using just willpower. We all know how that can ebb and flow. Rava, I hope the book helps!

If I'd been able to stay on track, this year would have been my 10th anniversary. I look at it this way.... at least I've been trying for 10 yesrs! I was hoping to get Jason Vale's book as audio but it's not available. Guess I'll reread it at the beach

Hi Dill Hi Jude

Let's all have an easy day! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning all!

I still have cravings for alcohol, but they aren't nearly as bad as when I first quit drinking. Those were rough days and I just don't want to have to start all over again. What a nightmare!

Not much happening around here but I guess that's a good thing.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Thanks for another awesome breakfast, Cowboy! You are a gem.

Ginger, I borrowed the Ebook of the Jason Vale book from the library after reading a sample. I think it will be very helpful. Thanks again. I'm happy for another tool.

It's only one week until school begins again. Granddaughter is actually looking forward to it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          dill Jude58 Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I didn't get a call yesterday so the boiler must be running fine now. There's just too many electronic safely features on most everything now and it doesn't take much to have the equipment shut down for one reason or another.

Let's all have a great Monday, and the rest of the week!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Ginger, I am reading the book and savoring it so I dont read it all in one day. It’s been very good so far. Thanks again for the recommendation. Today is our first day back and the gym so we are returning somewhat to normal. The weather is beautiful today so we will be spending it outside for sure. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Ginger when you said it would be 10 years I get it. It would be close to 20 for me. I had a successful 10 years of total sobriety and then the thoughts of “wouldnt it be nice….” So the last 10 years have been a struggle. I just dont get why the first 10 years were easier. But if I add it all up, my drinking in the last 20 years total is way less than my full drinking days. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, AL is an evil substance. I wish it had never been invented.

Busy day so need to get going. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Ginger, I agree with you about alcohol being evil, at least for people like us. Best to stay away from it completely even though it's not easy at times.

Comment

Alcohol is definitely poison! It's best to be avoided.

Not much happening around here. Granddaughter texted and asked me to take her to get her school supplies. I was happy to oblige!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yep alcohol is poison and I hate it. The beast is always waiting to pounce on me and I am trying to fight it. I quit smoking many years ago and still love the smell of a fresh cigarette but I am not obsessed with it like booze. Booze is my worst enemy. Today I am going to get my car fixed and will be sitting at the auto shop until a friend picks me up. We only have 1 car and this is the time 2 cars would be nice. But it’s not necessary so I will not complain. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of healthy living:
                        Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Rava, sounds like a good excuse to go for coffee or lunch with that friend

Another busy day! I'll be doing it af and clear minded. My liver thanks me

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Where has the summer gone to, I can't believe that the kids are going back to school in a couple of weeks. Soon we will be inundated with veggies from the garden and the canning supplies will be put to good use.

Comment

Ah yes, canning season! We will not be doing as much this year. We still have a lot from last year and Mr. D cut back this year on his planting. So less to do for us in the canning season.
                              Jude, did you and your new client seem to be a good match?

Back to summer temps today. It's been a nice patch for a while but now we're heading back to the dog days of summer.

Still a very good day not to drink. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Working...
                                X