No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, school starting, gardens maturing, all signs that summer is nearing an end. I haven't heard anything from Corey if he'll want me helping with harvest this year since they've went back to only 2 combines instead of 3. I imagine he'll get hold of me in the next week or so to let me know.

No cabin work this week for me. Darcie is still on holidays so she'll be going out with Adam today and tomorrow. Sounds like Monday and Tuesday for sure though to get the door and windows installed.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Car is running great even tho it cost a small fortune. Sending granddaughter off to college so we are going out to lunch today and dinner with her parents tonight. No booze for me. Ginger, I am still reading the book. I am following his line of thinking so far. The best book that I read was Rational recovery. That book had me easily quitting for over 8 years. Then my defenses went awol! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Off to the gym. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, I'll look for that book. The more I can ensconce this old brain with AF doctrine, the better!

Off to the beach today. I'll enjoy it AF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
          I still have cravings for alcohol, but they aren't nearly as bad as when I first quit drinking. Those were rough days
          Similar for me, and whenever I get a craving I try to remember how difficult it was to quit and all the horribleness of it (endless withdrawal symptoms etc.). These words nailed it on the head exactly "I just don't want to have to start all over again. What a nightmare!"

We're finally getting some cooler (or at least moderate) weather again, nice to be able to get out and do things (some hikes etc.) in the day again. Finally some clear skies tonight as well, so maybe I'll take a look to see if I can see any remenants of the Perseid meteor shower.
          Aside from the temporary reprieve from the heat, it doesn't really feel like the end of summer here, because the sun goes down (behind the mountain) at almost the same time it did a month ago.

Comment

Dill, the new client is great, but unfortunately he was admitted to the hospital a few days ago with severe weakness.. The family is considering rehab for him so I'm not sure what's going to happen with that account. Either way, I hope that he makes a good recovery soon.

Mulburry, like yourself, whenever I have a craving I always try to remember how hard it was going through withdrawals and I sure don't want to go through that again!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Knowing how hard it was to quit is definitely a good reason not to start again, but for me I never again want to be the man I was when I was drinking.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yes I agree with everyone that not wanting to go backwards again. I dont like the drinking Rava. In fact I loathe her! Ginger, the book I mentioned you probably already know about. It just the Rational Recovery book about the beast brain. That made so much sense to me. I just need to keep that mindset. I am still reading your book as well in little doses so I have something to keep me focused. Hope your client makes out well Jude. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Rava, I hadn't heard of that book. I wish I could locate an audio version but it doesn't seem to be an option.

Hi Mul.

Made it to the beach and we are all set up. Extra long drive. The most direct route is closed because of a wild fire. So sad to lose all that forest. 45,000+ acres and counting.

I hope we all have an easy day! I'll take another.

Comment

I saw and old friend today at my volunteer job. That's one of the blessings of the job. I hadn't seen her since I retired. Great to catch up with her!

Hope your new client regains enough strength to return home Jude.

24 more for all of us here.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, that's so sad about the wildfires and all of the damage caused by them. Right now we are experiencing some Smokey air from the Canadian wildfires, but nothing too major. I can't even imagine what it's like to be close to it, so I guess that's just one more thing to be grateful for.

Hope that everyone has great and booze free day! 24 more please...

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We've got lots of smoke in the air here as well. Been on Air Quality alerts for most of a week if not longer.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I had no idea about wild fire smoke until my recent out west visit. On our way to the airport the smoky haze was so thick. We could not see the mountains. Definitely poor air quality. Seems like every part of the county has its bad parts! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

So sad for the wildlife being caught up in those fires. I can't imagine how awful it must be for everyone that's close.

We are expecting rain here, Wish we could send it westward!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X