No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the lake safe and sound! We finished up the house wrap, got the door and windows in, all the soffit j-trim up, soffit on both gable ends done, and even managed to get the door handle and dead bolt installed.

Great job on losing the weight to all of you that are trying, I don't imagine it's easy to do.

That's quite the impressive window covering Ginger, I can even imagine what it looks like with the sun shining on it unless of course it's a north facing window.

I remember how excited our kids were when school resumed after the summer holidays, new clothes, school supplies, and seeing all their friends again. I also remember how expensive it was outfitting the four of them on their return to school lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. thanks Mul for clearing up the smoke out term. LOL. Ginger I LOVE that window hanging. Is that beads and chicken wire in a frame? It looks so cool and I can just imagine the sunlight shining thru it with all the sparking beads! We are headed to hear a band play at a local family friendly restaurant. I will be drinking Diet Coke for sure. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll be back later to read posts. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

The cabin looks great, ABC.

Mul, 100 lbs! That's so awesome.

Rava, yes, chicken wire with beads and crystals. I'll put it in our front door window that gets sun this time of year until around 130p. Can't wait to see it in place.

Enjoying the cool beach weather!

Comment

Good morning cafe! The cabin looks like it's coming along nicely cowboy. I bet that you can't wait until it's done so that you can start using it.

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Ginger, I meant to tell you that your window decoration is gorgeous! What a great idea.

Cowboy, the little house looks so trim and neat. You and Adam make a great team.

Off to volunteer...24 more hours please and thank you
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, the cabin is looking great. You and Adam are doing a great job! Mul, congrats on 100 lbs. Thats wonderful! We went to a little beach bar last night to listen to a band. I have not done that in years due to isolating from those situations. After finishing Gingers book about quitting the drink easily, I went into this situation with a different attitude. I did not even want to drink. There were so many people drinking and acting foolish that it was entertaining. Many drunk women dancing like strippers. Wow. It was definitely something to watch! Anyway, I am up early feeling wonderful. Thanks for listening. Wishing everyone a wonderful day. 24 more please.

Comment

Good for you Rava on getting through the evening without thinking you needed to drink, you don't have to drink to have fun.

I had an interesting day yesterday. I went out to the farm to unload some tools that I brought back from the lake only to discover that there was no power. That isn't all that uncommon out in the country as they seem to always be doing some sort of maintenance on the power lines or poles. I figured I'd run down to the neighbor's and have coffee with Tommy and see if they had power. Their power was on which seemed strange to me but I had coffee with him anyway. He told me that there was one heck of a lightning and rainstorm Monday night that lasted about 3 hours. When I went back to the farm I did a bit more investigating and discovered that the transformer up on the power pole in our yard was blown up! I could see pieces of it on the ground around the pole and transformer oil all over the grass. On the phone to the power company then to report what I found and then wait for the service guy to come out. He got there, took a look at things, took a bunch of pictures, and then he got on the phone back to the office. By 2 o'clock the repair crew was on site with the big bucket truck and a new transformer, and by 5:00 the power was back on. Now the environmental guys have to come out to log the oil spill, then another crew will come out to remove and replace the contaminated soil. It was quite the day indeed!

Comment

Wow! ABC, I had no idea a blown transformer created an oil spill.

Off to adventure. Hoping my bum knee holds up for the hike.

I'll take another!

Comment

Looks like you had an interesting day cowboy; glad that you were able to locate the problem and have it fixed.

Rava, great job staying away from the booze. Changing the way we think has a huge impact on dealing with cravings. I agree with you about watching people make idiots of themselves when they're drunk. It's really quite amusing and it feels so good to wake up the next day with a clear head.

Looks like a trip out to the garden today, lots of tomatoes out there that need to be picked. Apparently, sauce making is going to be on my list of things to do.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

The transformers have oil in them to cool the coils Ginger, so when the top of the transformer blew off a bunch of the oil got blown out as well.

You can send me some of that homemade tomato sauce Jude, that's one of the best things about garden fresh tomatoes!

Comment

Cowboy, that is the kind of interesting you could do without!! LOL All's well that ends well though.

We planted fewer tomatoes this year so we will not be canning. But we have had plenty for eating fresh. It is something I will definitely miss when the summer ends.

Rava, that is really great! Your story prompted me to get that book and start reading it this morning. I'm going to read a chapter every day. Thanks for the recommendation, Ginger.

Ginger, I hope your knee held up yesterday. and that you enjoyed the hike.

Mulburry, when I was reading about Hope there were some movies mentioned that were filmed there. One was Shoot to Kill, a 1988 film. So, I borrowed it from the library and took an exciting tour of areas in and around Hope. You live in a beautiful area!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; August 23, 2024, 09:49 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X