No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We have had some cooler weather here as well Mulburry, but it looks like we'll be returning to the hot weather next week the same as you.

Try not to get to distracted or anxious Jude, just try and live the healthiest lifestyle you can. Hopefully your brother and sister will be with you for a good number of years still.

Hope you had a safe trip home Ginger.

Think I might head out to the farm today and get the water turned back on in the camper, flush the lines and water heater to make sure everything is ready for harvest. I'll probably take out a load of clothes and non-perishables as well so that I don't have too much to take out when I get called.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Safe travels home Ginger. If I remember it’s quite a long drive. We are not headed back to FL until early November. I am trying to avoid all and any hurricanes if possible. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Home safe and sound. It usually take most of the day to get home from the coast, with stops of course.

Jude, hang in there. Sending you prayers.

Howdy to all my Cafe pals.

Good to be home! Very little smoke haze. So thankful for that. I'll take another day of freedom.

Comment

Just home from volunteering. It was a fun morning. Patients that came in for various medical tests seemed unusually cheerful over all. We had many fun, good-natured conversations. It was nice. It felt to me like people are finally getting back to 'normal' and are finally putting all the miseries of covid and the miserable economy in the rearview, although the economic troubles are still very much with us.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

My brother made it through the surgery and I am so grateful. Thanks all for your prayers! My sister found out that the cancer has not spread to other areas. She had a consult with the plastic surgeon yesterday and said that she is looking forward to having a new set of perky boobs. So glad that she can keep her sense of humor.

Glad that you made it home safely Ginger!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Glad to hear your good news, Jude! Let the healing begin...

Avoiding hurricanes sound like and excellent plan, Rava.

Ginger, there's no place like home.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, I am so happy that your brothers surgery went well and your sisters cancer is contained. Such a relief. Dill, I wish I could see that people were happier. I am seeing the opposite with so much hatred with the upcoming election in November. I have never seen so much outward anger towards other peoples opinions. Ginger, glad you made it home safe and sound. We had horrible storms last night with loud thunder and bright lightening. No place to hide in this tiny house but under the covers! Feel like a lost a few hours of sleep last night. Hope everyone has a good and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Comment

Glad you're home safe and sound Ginger. Sounds like you'll get to unpack just in time to start packing to head south lol.

We can discuss politics in general here, but no arguing like Rava mentioned that is going on. I do read a bit of the American news and get kind of a chuckle when I see all the mud slinging going on. I guess you'd have to go to one of the rally's to actually hear what each candidate's election platform is all about.

I don't mind a good thunder and lightning storm Rava, unless it's destructive or lasts too long.

People up here are pretty upbeat as well dill, mostly over the fact that the rail strike didn't last very long. It would have been extremely bad for our economy in most every sector.

That is fantastic news Jude on both counts. Hopefully the recovery for both of them will go just as good.

I'm headed to the farm today to get the 2 new combines and headers set up, adjusted, and tested. It'll be the first time for me to operate a brand new combine. Once we have them field ready we'll head to the field to start the 2024 harvest and make any final adjustments. Looks like my camper bachelor life has started again lol.

Comment

Everyone sounds good and busy! Got a last minute call that hubby's family are having a little gathering this weekend so it's back on the road for us! Guess clean up will have to wait. Got cleared for surgery yesterday so now I wait for a call from ortho.

Jude, I'm so very happy to hear the good news about your brother's surgery and your sister's results. Continued prays for both your sibs.

ABC, have fun on the new combine. Post pics!

Off to workout. Hoping the knee holds up. Picking up my youngest granddaughter for lunch. It will be good to see that young lady! It's been too long. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning cafe! I'm so grateful for all of you here!

Ginger, I'm glad that you got cleared for surgery, and hope that it can make all of the knee pain disappear.

Sounds like you're going to be busy again doing field work cowboy. We are in full harvesting mode here as well, and spent most of yesterday picking tomatoes and making sauce.

Rava, this election definitely has it's share of drama for sure. Can't wait for it to be over...

24 more please...

Comment

So good to hear you are cleared for surgery, Ginger! Short term pain for long term gain!

Cowboy, I do hope to see some pics/video clips too. Is it difficult to insert video? I don't know how to go about it.

The temperature is finally going to go down today. It's been above 90F all week! Today it will be a comfortable 82F, finally.

I'll have another day of freedom, please.
                            Dill

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

That's great news about your knee surgery Ginger, and enjoy the get-together with your in-laws.

It's pretty easy to insert a video from youtube dill, but you need a youtube account to upload the video to first.

Have fun doing the tomatoes Jude, that sauce will taste mighty good come winter time.

We spent most of the day yesterday setting one of the new combines with the JD techs. There was lots of things that had to be adjusted just right so it was a good thing the tech was there. We'll get my combine set up this morning but not sure how much combining we'll do as the wheat that we tested the one new combine with was still tough. Sounded like we might just go ahead and take it off and Corey would run it through the grain dryer. I will take some pics and vids once we get running smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                                X