No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:52am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right Jude, our mind thinks we can tackle some work but our bodies tell us maybe we shouldn't have lol. And working with metal roofing is more dangerous than shingles. At least he has good weather to work in.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. ☕️ Nothing on the calendar today but laying around. Hope everyone has a good day. No drinking for me. 24 more please!

Comment

Jude, is it too late for hubby to ask for help? Hoping his work goes smoothly!

Dill, we are so blessed the grandkids moved home so we can be part of the great gkids lives. Yet another blessing!

Playing with the idea of selling our 5th wheel that we use for adventures when we are home. I'm ready for vacation rentals instead. These health issues have really got me thinking of alternative options!

I'm in for another day of freedom!

Comment

I had a good morning at the hospital job in spite of the fact that the regular registration clerk was out with covid. Most times when there is a sub things are hectic. But the sub today kept things running smoothly.

Ginger, how does Mr. Ginger feel about selling the 5th wheel? It' sounds like a realistic plan to me.

Jude, we all are at the age where we have to become realistic about what we can safely do. It's not worth risking our health and safety.

Let's all have another 24.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              Congratulations Ginger,Hardly rained at all and we were back in the field just after lunch. A bit of a reprieve from the heat today but getting very hot again for the next week or so, good thing we have a/c in the combines lol.
              Hit 34C here today (and it's already September). I don't usually do those 'I'm grateful for things'... but AC is something I'm definitely grateful for!

Comment

Mulburry, we still have the air conditioners ready to roll if we need it, but the chances of us using it are slim. We don't get many 90
                Last edited by Jude58; September 6, 2024, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Mulburry, we still have the air conditioners ready to roll if we need it, but the chances of us using it are slim. We don't get many 90

Comment

Couldn't finish my last post, the last part of my post never showed up when I tried to reply. Anyway, no booze for me today.

Comment

I'm sitting on the deck enjoying the pre-dawn insect sounds and a cup of coffee. Lily was barking off in the distance a moment ago and no I am getting the distinct odor of skunk wafting in on the breeze. I don't think she will EVER learn!!!

We'll be needing the AC in the next week so I will second your motion on gratitude for AC, Mul!

Sounds like a gremlin got your post, Jude.

24 more please.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Might be a good idea to use Vrbo's instead of having to haul the 5th wheel around Ginger, just pack your bags and head out.

Hopefully Lily doesn't need a bath this morning dill, maybe she didn't get close enough to the skunk to get sprayed.

Sounds like most all of us are going to get the hot weather over the next few days, but 34C (93F) is way too hot for me Mulburry!

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Dill, I think Lily might need another bath! Glad your work day went well with the sub. Jude, glad you dont get many 90 degree days. They are brutal! Ginger, selling your 5th wheel would probably make your life a lot easier. Is your 5th wheel where you stay for several months? We found that renting was so expensive that actually owning a small place made more sense. Look at rental rates before you make a final decision. I can definitely see it being easier to stay in a stationary place that you dont have to drive around or flush the lines, etc. Hey Mul and Cowboy. Hope we all have an easy and alcohol free weekend! 24 more please.

Comment

Rava, we actually have two 5th wheels. The one in AZ is huge and stays put. The one here is our towing 5th wheel. That's the one we'd sell. I'm totally ready but hubby has to ponder for daaayyysssss before making a decision. No rush, just over the stress of it.

Dill, I hope you're wrong about Lily but I'd bet you aren't. Ugh. The worst!

Waves to all my pals! Ill take another.

Comment

Ginger, your hubby sounds like Mr.J when it comes to making decisions. We were in Lowes to buy a new stove recently, and we were there for hours before Mr. J finally settled for one. Geesh!

Dill, hope that Lily didn't get skunked!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Working...
                                X