No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:14am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Clouds here all day and I am headed to grandsons soccer game. Nice and busy day today. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

The skunk scent was in the air most of the day yesterday but fortunately not on the dog. The skunk missed its target, thankfully.

Have fun at the soccer match, Rava.

Both Mr. D and I take a long time making decisions on large ticket items. But I could really relate to your comment about being in Lowe's forever, Jude. Been there, done that! Thing is, it seems like the process of buying a large item takes forever in and of itself.

How's that harvest going, Cowboy?

We had a chance of rain yesterday but it passed us by. Now there is a long stretch of hot, dry days in the forecast. Crops around here are suffering. I feel for the farmers.

24 more please.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I get taking time to buy but, selling? Especially, when HE doesn't even really enjoy it? Seems odd to me. Oh well...

Waves to all my pals in the Cafe. Ill take another day of freedom.

Comment

Happy Recovery Day everyone (though might be only a BC thing?) !

Comment

Mulburry, everyday is "Recovery Day" for all of us!

A friend is coming over today to help Mr. J with the roof, and he and his wife are staying for dinner. It's going to be cool today, so I'm making a roast chicken, wild rice, roasted butternut squash and apple cake for dessert. Should be fun!

24 more please...

Comment

I was unaware of Recovery Day here in the US so I searched it. It is a Canadian holiday, although it states on Wikipedia that in 2017, possibly prompted by the Canadian holiday, the Trump administration named September "Recovery Month" in the US. I was really clueless, but now that I know it, I'll be looking around to see if there are any events or mentions of it in the media.
                Thanks for the mention, Mul! You learn something new every day (if you are in recovery therefore able to notice things that is....)

Jude, that sounds like a great day and a good way to make some progress on the roof project!

Ginger, I totally get the dithering about selling, even something you no longer enjoy, because that is the situation we have here with our little Scamp camper! LOL. Mr. D no longer wants to pull a trailer, park it, etc. I have suggested selling it, but it has fallen on deaf ears. I think it's tied up in having to acknowledge getting older? Hard to let go. That's how it is here. Your situation may be totally different, of course.

Grandson coming over to watch NFL football with Mr. D. He's looking forward to it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; September 8, 2024, 05:55 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have breakfast ready for y'all

Comment

Hope you enjoyed your grandson's soccer game Rava, I'll bet he enjoyed having you there watching him.

Thanks for the info Mulburry, I had no idea there was a Recovery Day in Canada.

Hmmm, with a supper like that in store, I'd definitely be over to help if I was in the area Jude. Hope there is a little enjoyment mixed in with the roofing work.

Harvest is going pretty slow dill, the cereal crops are badly lodged, especially the barley which we are working on now. I did take a bit of a video yesterday so I'll upload it and post it.

Comment

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy it’s nice to see you working and hear your voice. Makes you even more real than my virtual friend. Jude, I will be over for dinner around 5 if that suits! Lol. Dill I think you nailed it with the getting older aspect of parting with familiar things. Happy Recovery Day to us all even tho it’s a Canadian thing. Gonna see more grands today. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. No stinking drinking for us all!

Comment

ABC, thanks for breakfast! Anyone want my bacon? Lol Thanks for the video. I've seen wheat fields do that around here. Never knew what it was called and just assumed it was unharvestable (new word?)

Jude, enjoy your friends. I hope there's plenty of progress made. That metal roof will outlast us all!

Dill, you might be right. Letting go of our younger selves is not easy. In the past, I would have easily clocked a couple hundred miles of trail by now. This year, maybe 20 miles. I think that's why I'm anxious to get rid of it, it's a constant reminder those days are over for me and it's a little sad. Counting my blessings that I have so many other hobbies, even if they are more sedentary!

Hi Mul, happy recovery day!

Rava, enjoy those babies.

I'll take another day of freedom

Comment

Yes, it is hard to part with things that we can no longer use. I guess that in some ways doing so comes with the admittance that our bodies are aging and that we can no longer do some of the things we used to. Mr. J and I have 2 kayaks that we haven't used in years. It just seems like so much work lugging them to and from the lake. It's even more fun trying to get out of them. I guess that all we can do is continue to stay as active as possible, and find new activities that are "old people" friendly.

Thanks for the video cowboy, that's a huge piece of equipment you are driving but it looks like you know what you are doing.

24 more please...

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Working...
                                X