No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez Rava, so glad that your condo was spared. I have family in S. Carolina and I guess it was pretty bad, but at least they are ok, albeit without power.

Well, Mr. J tested positive for Covid yesterday. So far, I haven't shown any symptoms so keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it!

24 more please...

Comment

5:07am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
      Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's great news about your condo Rava, Helene sure wreaked havoc on other areas though.

Hopefully Mr J won't get too sick Jude, and that you'll stay healthy.

The leaves are turning and falling here as well Mulburry, I think fall is my favorite season because of the crisp cool mornings and pretty colors.

We're still plugging away with harvest dill, almost got the oats wrapped up yesterday but the last field, a small one, was still not ready so we'll switch to swathed canola today and see how that goes.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, I hope your hubby has a very slight case of covid and recovers quickly. Also hope it stays away from you. Dill the food truck selections sound amazing. I would be all up in there! We made it down the coast with a few large downpours to deal with. No flooded streets thank goodness. These hurricanes are no joke and they said there is a 40% chance of another in the same location. YIKES! Well I hope everyone has a great Saturday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Oats? I think that's what I'll have for breakfast! Thanks for the idea, ABC.

Jude, here's to hoping Mr J has a light case and you stay well!

Dill, what was your favorite food truck item?

I agree, fall is one of my favorites too. Hubby and I are starting to talk about selling down south. We are both kinda over it. We will see how this season goes and then decide. For what we pay in rent, we could rent homes for a couple months each winter to break things up and eliminate the stress of having something baking down there in the 120

Comment

Sorry about Mr. J, Jude. I hope his case is light and you don't get it!

Helene definitely blessed us with much needed rain. We got 3 inches yesterday. But it was a case of "be careful what you wish for..." Along with Helene came strong wind gusts as well as driving rain. We lost huge limbs from two trees in the yard and several good sized limbs from other trees. The power went out late afternoon yesterday and is still out. over most of the area. Our back up generator kicked in and got us thru the night, but no internet, so no TV for us last evening. This morning the Generator stopped working. Mr. D had to figure that one out. He said it was the battery, so he swapped it out with one he had that was lower power. So we had to go to the store to buy a battery. It was crazy in town! No power most places so no functioning traffic lights. It was pretty chaotic. We were happy to get back home!

24 more please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; Today, 12:35 PM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
              X