No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready to head out to the airport, not looking forward to the flight, but I'm excited about seeing my sister. I'll be staying there for 10 days but I'm sure that it will go quickly.

Praying for Florida, and hoping that no lives are lost. I saw on the news that one guy planned to stay in his sailboat which is tied to a dock. That's insane, but I guess that it's his choice.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
      Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have a safe trip Jude, you'll be with your sister before you know it. Enjoy your 10 days with her, she'll no doubt enjoy your company and help.

Any news on your condo yet Rava?

When will you be able to get the injection Ginger, and how long will the treatment last? Bubba and I have talked about getting another dog but decided that we really couldn't see ourselves with another one, too many other things keeping us busy.

We had a great few days of harvest, so good that we just might be able to finish off today if this canola is ready. We did a sample not too long ago and it wasn't even close to being ready so keeping our fingers crossed for today.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Cafe. Here to report that our family and condo made out well. No flooding just tree and debris damage and no power. All those things can be fixed. We are so grateful. To say this has been a long week is putting it mildly. I think I have aged 10 years!!! Thanks for all the well wishes and support. Jude, you will be in Wyoming before you know it. I am sure your sister is so thankful for your help. Ginger, hope that gel shot is helpful. Hi to Cowboy, Dill and Mul. I am exhausted today. Need to just decompress but no drinking……24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, that's great news! So thankful it wasn't as bad as forecasted.

Judy, enjoy your sister time!

ABC, if medicare approves the injection, I'm hoping to get it on the 29th when I see Dr again. Fingers crossed. X

Hi Dill and Mul! I'll take another day of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
              Here to report that our family and condo made out well.
              That's great to hear! Sounds like the hurricane's path shifted a bit so some areas didn't get hit as hard as expected, but of course others still got walloped.

That's unfortunate about the knee ginger , is the issue with your cartilage? A hockey player on my favorite team had such an issue and had to get cartilage replacement surgery, it took about a year of recovery but he's close to being back to playing again.

Comment

Yesterday came and went without me checking in. I have to leave so early that sometimes I don't get time. And when I got home I forgot. But, I'm back today and I'll try not to miss next Thursday!

Rava, that is so wonderful about your home coming thru the storm! Will the tree damage wait until you return next month?

Jude, I bet you are in Wyoming now. Hope your trip was uneventful and passed quickly.

Ginger, I hope the injection helps. I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble with your knee.

Cowboy, I hope the canola was ready so you could get down the home stretch.

I took the dog and cat to the vet yesterday for their annuals and came away some $400 poorer. That's the down-side of pet ownership! I think I need to look for a vet that is more affordable if I can find one. I'm going to start asking around.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

So glad that your condo didn't suffer any damage from the storm Rava. Something to be grateful for.

Made it to Wyoming in one piece. Yay! It's so beautiful here that I may never go home. My sister seems to be doing better and I'm taking her to a doctors appointment this morning.

Hope that everyone as a wonderful, sober day!

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    Jude58 Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Comment

Glad to hear you made it safely to your sister's Jude, and already being of help to her I see.

Hopefully the injection is covered Ginger, if it isn't would it be too expensive to pay for out of pocket?

That's one thing I don't mind about having another dog dill, those vet bills lol.

Fantastic to hear that your condo, and especially your family, came through the storm safely Rava, you can breathe a little easier now.

I'm sitting at home in my favorite recliner drinking coffee and reading here. We finished up the 2024 harvest late yesterday afternoon! Now I just have to finish emptying out the camper and winterizing it as I brought a bunch of things home with me yesterday. Today is laundry day lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, I am so glad you made it to Wyoming. It’s so beautiful there. Looks like a postcard! Glad you are there for your sister. Dill those pets are so expensive. I would love to have another but Mr. R says no because he is the one that had to walk the dog. Ginger, Hope medicare approves it. Makes me mad that they can dictate your health. Seems totally crazy to me. Cowboy, I am glad that the harvest is over. I am sure you are excited about today being laundry day. Hi to Mul! Dill, the tree damage is taken care of by the condo association. It’s my understanding that it has already been started. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I have 2 grands for the night tonight. I am also having a severe fruit fly issue. I have traps and apple cider vinegar and dawn dishwashing liquid in cups, bleach in the drains and they are flying everywhere. If it doesn't get any better by Monday, I am calling an exterminator. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

Mul, it is the cartilage and stage 4 arthritis. We must not have that option here. No one has mentioned it. It sure seems like a better way to fix a knee than a total replacement, if it's an option!

Dill, do you guys have Tractor Supply stores there? Ours offeres "vet days" where you can take your pets for checkups and vacinnes. You might call around to your feed stores, if not and see if something similar is offered there.

Rava, great news about clean up. That's definitely a plus side of owning a condo!

Jude, I felt the same way about Wyoming when I visited there. I wish your visit was just for fun but how lucky for you both that you're able to be there for your sister.

Cowboy, welcome home! I can't recall, is Bubba still working?

I'll take another day!

Comment

Ginger, that is a good idea. I'll look into that for the future. We have a Rural King store very close and I remember them having a vet clinic day. and another few miles out from there we have a TSC store. I'll check out both. Thanks for the suggestion! I have a year to look into it. The benefit of using the vet we currently use is that they have a full service hospital , boarding and emergency care. I think that's part of the reason the services cost more. It probably takes a lot of overhead to run the place.
                            I just did a quick read on Healthline about stage 4 arthritis. It said the preferred treatment is the joint replacement. Perhaps your doctor can tell you other options as well, but it sounds like the most effective treatment is the replacement. Ugh.

Yay for you being finished for the season, Cowboy!

Rava, that's a great benefit of owning a condo. I'm glad you don't have to worry about that clean up.

Jude, I'm glad you arrived safely and you and your sis have each other for a while.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              dill Jude58 Rava Ginger999

Comment

Hope you get your fruit fly issue solved Rava without having to resort to an exterminator or pesticides.

Bubba still works part time Ginger as sec-tres at the United Church and very casual call-in at the hospital. I think she puts in maybe 20 - 25 hours a week at the church and not very often at the hospital, only if one of the staff is sick or on holidays.

Comment

Working...
                                X